Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ancient Swamps Feedback Thread

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Default Ancient Swamps Feedback Thread

Love to hear what you think... likes/ dislikes/ loot/ audio/ layout/ etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hate to be the first to complain but i think that the knockback affect for the mages are to strong, i coudnt even get 1 attack on most of them on my warrior
    TommTomm - Lvl 30 ManBearPig
    RagingFalcon - lvl 18 Falcon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Wow devs, that was really fun! The combo that those guys pull off is pretty annoying with its -6 h/s and all ><;

The areas looked really great and the bosses were fairly challenging, even with a fully geared team. I feel like this is going to be the map that actually requires a team to go through.

The experience bug was a bit worry some but it went away after we hit 31.

As for some dislikes... having 1 enemy remaining o.O Also, the fact that the mages backpedal at insane rates is kind of bothersome.

The loot... had a rather low drop rate, but that is fine. We didn't see a single pink drop in the entire run, and only one purple. Tons of whites/oranges though, with a few greens.
    Last edited by Hurs; 05-05-2010 at 05:56 PM.
    Goregrind - Warrior - Alterra
    Venom Guild
    http://venom.forumn.net/index.htm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We loved it, we were on Ventrilo the entire time and just going through pretty smooth. I LOVE how much more difficult the mobs are, but still it was pretty easy to go through. I LOVE that the drops are so rare now!!! MORE CONTENT LIKE THIS PLEASE

VENOM Stamp of Approval
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom
    Guild Website - www.venom-guild.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Much harder +1
    Less purples(only seen 1) and no pinks yet +1
    No weapons that can be used by a level 30 yet...bit disappointing they have to sit there until we level up -1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It was challenging! It does feel like a team is necessary. Can't wait to see the new loot drops.
    Syacoff - lvl 35 Archer - Alterra
    Sahdatay - lvl 35 Bowchantress - Alterra
    Thumbo - lvl 10 Bearzerker (Leaving him low on purpose. Wanna check out low lvl PvP too)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Love the map but I think that the archer weapons need to be better. My lvl 30 crossbow is better than lvl 35 weapons for archer!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

For the iPhone/iTouch, was the popout skill book change in a recent patch? It used to disappear when you fired off a skill but now it stays open. I love that. I keep it open all the time now and as an enchantress it's much better for knowing when buff timers pop.

I like the visual style of the swamps and how the treasure chests are hootch bottles. The crocs look pretty cool too. I like the theme of the drops too, but I haven't gotten many so far. I got one called "derby hat", and it's too bad that visible helms aren't in the game yet, because that would be funny!
    Alterra (Server) ~ Zeya (Enchantress) ~ Bandido (Archer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

No dagger loot? Other then that, straight up pimpin!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for making it more farmable, dont want to get into more detail as it may be negative for my gain of pinks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pop-out skills change is AWESOME on iPhone. Whole heartedly approve.
    New area is nice looking and challenging enemies. Love the fact that the crocs chain abilities, majorly heal, etc.
    Wish for REALLY big bosses, but still very nice.
    Haven't seen a pink or purple yet, but I like the variety of drops I did see.
    Nice being able to destroy pots (even found a green in one).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i love how its so open, you do get swamped by lots of baddies at once though but its a change from long corridoors over and over

i saw a pic of the swamp and it had all this green mist, a very nice visual effect, but when i got to play it it wasnt there. at all. is this because its the iphone version and not the ipad version? or was it taken out at some point?

great lvl tho, properly hard and rewarding but all the loot i got was lvl 32 so when i levelled up to 31 i still had to wait
    Feena - Enchantress - Fnord

If i post in blue it makes me cool

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

oh I would like to add, is that its REALLY werid, when I get 2 shotted by a boss with Iron Blood on, I spent about 50 pots one time, holding off about 9 attackers while I waited for my partner to rez. Its really werid that I can take 330 damage in one crit, just to let you guys know....
    I am not asking for change, but its really werid when a Tank with 8 h/s and 75 armor gets 2 shotted after a defense buff
    Also, damage is way too low for level 35 weapons, there damage is on par with say level 22 weapons.
    But yea, I like the increased challenge, but maybe you can tone down the Boss's crit damage? I the tank, got 2 shotted, and many of my teammates (when I cant get all of the monsters to agro to me) die from the boss's in one shot, mostly the enchantress and sometimes the archers.
    Also, one last thing, Is it possible you could buy 500HP Pots for 6,000 gold? I seem to be burning through them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

First off, the campaign was very thorough. The levels were well designed and the mobs can actually do combos and make the group work as a team which is what it should be. The drop rate for legendary and epic items is low which in my opinion is great. It separates the elite from the rest. This game is really developing well and possiblities are limitless. On the flip side, the amount of levels in the campaign seemed a bit short and the knockback distance seemed a bit too far. All and all, two thumbs up. Keep up the good work and we look forward to the next challenge you throw at us.
    Brollus - Warrior - Alterra
    Guild Member of Venom
    http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really like how hard it is, however healers need to have more healing spells so that we can mend the INSANE SPIKE damage of the mages, and everyone needs more health.
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom
    Guild Website - www.venom-guild.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The campaign was excellent, i'm very impressed with it. Was much more of an enjoyable and dynamic experienced compared to some of the earlier campaigns.

I think what i like the most is the new spell book, not really a campaign issue but w.e. I would like to see the spell book only include spells that we have invested points into though. The 0 point greyed out spells are annoying.

Edit: i am waiting to post my over all thoughts, quite frankly i like to play it more than a few times before giving a final assessment.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

-too hard for solo mages....
    -magic that the bad guys use have faster regen times then ours.... should they be at least the same if not longer?
    -drops hardly any good stuff and all are lvl 34 up ???? how u figure in a lvl 30-35 dungeon with no lvl 30 gear??
    -would be nice to see more purples and pink drops and make them a bit more character specific... ie all i see is bird man and the pug getting all the cat face loot.... annoying
    -make a lvl restriction ie i keep getting these low lvl guys like lvl 15 coming into the game and begging for res cause they die in 1 shot.... rolling eyes, im not there to lvl ppl up but to have team fun right? make it + ot - 3 lvls to enter into dungeon.

my 2 cents

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You can just get the leader to boot, if I am correct, the previous patches said that if someone is kicked from a game, they cannot enter again (In other words, banned from that game until its over)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

New bow, really weak in my and few friends oppinion.

37-39 damage, with .9 okay yes .9 is faster but this is a level 35 bow....
    The damage is to laugh at in my oppinion.

40-54 1.0 damage. And it's a level 30!!!

Okay so your telling me .9 speed is such a big difference we get damaged just nerfed to hell. And these bows have a 5 level difference!?!?
    Snipers = 81 dps "lvl 35"
    Jewel Thiefs = 78 "lvl 30"

5 level difference! I mean come on.... Give us something to enjoy 35 with.
    And also can you add 1 m/s to it, since it is snipers?
    Last edited by Obliteration; 05-06-2010 at 05:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

its good because now warriors are even more appreciated than b4.

one thing about the pop up skills: it is according to the lvl the skill is attained, which means your 4 hotkeys are replaced when the popup is opened. hope u understand what i am talking about.

used to open and click the skill and the pop up will disappear, but now it is made to stay until u click the magic book icon again. which coincides with the problem above, becos u already hotkeyed the skills u always use and they r not in lvl order.

takes awhile to get use to i suppose.
    Last edited by ziae; 05-06-2010 at 05:33 AM.
    Realm: Alterra [Join me in farming weekdays from 2100 (GMT+8) , 4 - 5 hrs ]
    Warrior Bear: Ziae (lvl 35)
    Xbow Archer: Yiae (lvl 35)
    Enchantress: Viae (lvl 30)