Thread: Best PVE skills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Best PVE skills

I used to respec alot so i can find decent skills and these are so far best Skills i used
    STAT POINTS:PURE DEX

1)shadow pierce 2/5 (absorbtion)
    2)Veil 4/5 (No explosion)
    3)Aimed shot 5/5
    4)Noxious bolt 5/5
    For passives i think most will agree on
    1)Might 5/5
    2)Int 5/5
    3)Dex 5/5
    4)Crit 5/5
    This build can help you survive in many possible situation (glad arena,Elite maps ,etc......)
    Any Tips or advices to make this build even better? ��
    Last edited by sillyplayerx; 05-05-2014 at 02:42 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sillyplayerx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

I like to use the trap over Noxious bolt just for the extra CC and damage over time. Otherwise you're set.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

My build is actually almost exactly the same but I've done away with SP all together now... have to have traps / nox / veil / aimed (no explode on traps or veil)!!!
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Default Best PVE skills

I dont like traps....not enough dmg rogue is a dmg class leave rooting and stunning to mages

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Impact View Post
    I dont like traps....not enough dmg rogue is a dmg class leave rooting and stunning to mages
    Or have a warrior tank then you don't need a lot of rooting stunning.
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

im in dilemma, whether or not i should repsec

currently im level 22 and im using

Med, 3/5 = extra packs and each packs heal 30% more.

Aimed, full.

Nox, full.

Smoke, 4/5= no self-destruct.

passive:
    Agility 4/5.

for now im pve and will repspec if i should ever go into pvp. Is the skill set all right for me? i thought of switching out the med with razor shield. because i feel like im not doing enough aoe damage. To help out my party.

But then again, med seems to help my party too, although its only like 3 packs (if charged) usually we go into tombs to leveling. So should i respec the med with Razor? or should i go with traps or shadow piercer? it would be great to have some dagger skills. but i heard most ppl use razor -_- so kinda confusing now.

also what weapon should i use when i am pve and when i am pvp? bow or dagger?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i would recomend to remove the medic and replace it with another skill preferably shadow piercer because healing is the job for tanks and mages

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sillyplayerx View Post
    I used to respec alot so i can find decent skills and these are so far best Skills i used
    STAT POINTS:PURE DEX

1)shadow pierce 2/5 (absorbtion)
    2)Veil 4/5 (No explosion)
    3)Aimed shot 5/5
    4)Noxious bolt 5/5
    For passives i think most will agree on
    1)Might 5/5
    2)Int 5/5
    3)Dex 5/5
    4)Crit 5/5
    This build can help you survive in many possible situation (glad arena,Elite maps ,etc......)
    Any Tips or advices to make this build even better? ��
    Good choice, I use a similar build to this on my PVE spec, expect I have Pierce 3/5 with health back and 3 targets. You have alternatives of course, most of them gravitate towards Traps, but I myself I'm not a big fan of them. Reason:

Quote Originally Posted by Impact View Post

Quote Originally Posted by siggymast View Post
    im in dilemma, whether or not i should repsec

currently im level 22 and im using

Med, 3/5 = extra packs and each packs heal 30% more.

Aimed, full.

Nox, full.

Smoke, 4/5= no self-destruct.

passive:
    Agility 4/5.

for now im pve and will repspec if i should ever go into pvp. Is the skill set all right for me? i thought of switching out the med with razor shield. because i feel like im not doing enough aoe damage. To help out my party.

But then again, med seems to help my party too, although its only like 3 packs (if charged) usually we go into tombs to leveling. So should i respec the med with Razor? or should i go with traps or shadow piercer? it would be great to have some dagger skills. but i heard most ppl use razor -_- so kinda confusing now.

also what weapon should i use when i am pve and when i am pvp? bow or dagger?
    As for you, best thing would be to drop the meds. Medic is a PVP skill, not so much of a PVE thing. Alternatives you have are: Traps, Shadow Storm Shot and Piercer. Here's some looks on them:

,,Traps, while awesome, is only awesome if someone else in your party has it. It is a dangerous skill for solo Rogues, since it requires you to be in the middle of a mob cluster for it to be most effective. Personally, I never found the damage worthwhile from that skill, and the mana cost, cooldown and risk is simply to much to justify.'' - Serancha ( GoodSyntah )

,,Wanna hear a joke? Shadow Storm Shot. Just to give you an idea on how many people actually use that and not Nox.'' - Slywannas ( Slywannas )

Couldn't find a good enough quote on Pierce but there's a discussion going on there regarding if one should use Pierce on just 1 upgrade or on all 3. Personally, if I were you I would keep all the skills but Meds and switch it with Pierce 3/5 ( unlock , health back and hit 3 ). As for daggers or bow... both. Daggers for the mobs, bow for the boss. And yes I quoted myself, but you get the idea
    Last edited by Slywannas; 05-13-2014 at 06:27 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Slywannas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

i would recomend to remove the medic and replace it with another skill preferably shadow piercer because healing is the job for tanks and mages
    Healing is not a mage's job.

But yeah, get piercer and take out medic.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Rogue: Angelicdove
    Mage: Intfire
    Warrior: Speedoftank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Healing in pve is not the "job" of anyone except Eva the potion dealer. Heal on mage is as ridiculous as on rogue, and relying on a fatty to not be in cooldown when you are getting hit is just silly. Pve means using potions. Deal with it.

Aim, Nox, Pierce, and then choose veil or traps as your 4th. You can even put both on so you can swap out depending on the situation.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Healing in pve is not the "job" of anyone except Eva the potion dealer. Heal on mage is as ridiculous as on rogue, and relying on a fatty to not be in cooldown when you are getting hit is just silly. Pve means using potions. Deal with it.
    Agree

Enviado de meu SM-T2105 usando Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

I think its really only viable to pick up traps if you're a dagger rogue.

That said, as long as you're running AS 5/5, Veil 4/5, and Nox 5/5, you should really just choose the last slot based on your play style.

Personally, in place of the extra burst damage from piercing, I like razor for the dodge and aoe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Lightbulb Traps aren't about daggers or bows...

Personally I can't imagine running many elite shuyal and tindirin maps without traps... everyone benefits from mobs being trapped. Often the traps even pull the mobs almost as well as whims. Also with every trap upgrade except explode you can lay some serious traps down... cool down is very short. It's win win for everyone. I get a little irritated with some rogues as I know they are just hoping the other rogue has traps and knows how to use them... I used to think this way until I came to realize just how important they are. Think about it.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

17. The Following User Says Thank You to notfaded1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

I've been tinkering with my build of late, and I've come to appreciate Razor a bit more. One word of caution if you choose to do this - I believe that the bleed upgrade on Razor pulls insane aggro. Even with top tanks in party, the moment I pop Razor and the crit starts flying, everything wants to kill me.....beware.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

19. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    I've been tinkering with my build of late, and I've come to appreciate Razor a bit more. One word of caution if you choose to do this - I believe that the bleed upgrade on Razor pulls insane aggro. Even with top tanks in party, the moment I pop Razor and the crit starts flying, everything wants to kill me.....beware.
    You serious? Wow no wonder I get whipped every time I charge Razor. :3 Thanks for the info
    Veni Vidi Vici

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Jig For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by notfaded1 View Post
    I get a little irritated with some rogues as I know they are just hoping the other rogue has traps and knows how to use them.
    This is the key word here.

I never hope for a rogue with traps, to be honest. Traps are a lot like mage's wind. The skill has its uses, yes, but only if you use it correctly.

And 99% of Rogues who use traps don't understand the concept of CC. They throw them down in the worst locations (outside of clock, outside of veil, far away from the tank). In Tindirin, this can cause more than a few wipes.

I'd rather run tindirin with 3 warriors in pinks than have a nooby rogue throwing traps wherever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jig View Post
    You serious? Wow no wonder I get whipped every time I charge Razor. :3 Thanks for the info
    Don't pick up bleed. Useless, and the damage is miniscule.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

@ Kali

That is why I never use razor. It may give you a dodge buff, but it ensures you NEED that buff. It draws the attention of any mob it hits - mobs who would never have noticed you otherwise. For example, running through elite Oltgar behind a warrior. With razor on, the mobs stop following him, even though he is leading, and change so they're on your arse, which means death when you reach the other end. For tinderin maps where a warrior's aggro is both crucial and difficult for them to maintain, those whirling razors can easily cause a party wipe by ruining all those lovely taunts.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Crazy because if your a warrior tanking, they use agro to get attention in 1-2 skills, but razor is continous bang bang bang bang thats dumb, maybe veil would be better instead of razor? Well I don't do too bad just solo'ing wt4 with it.
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Yeah. I've been really disappointed with Razor. I was tinkering with my build to determine whether the same skills I've used for several seasons is still the most viable in elites. My hope was that the AoE damage from Razor combined with high crit and DMG elixirs could speed up runs, but, much to my disappointment, the damage is negligible and all it does is draw a ton of aggro.

It is kind of disappointing that viable Rogue builds are so very limited with DMG passives, SSS and now Razors being so useless.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

After a lot of tries and tests, optimal choice I've found for Razor is two points and only if you do solo runs or run without warriors often (heavy parking involved).

2/5 Razor Shield with only the first upgrade unlocked. These two points are going to be taken either from Nox or Crit passive.

Of course, there are several different versions of parking that can be utilized to park specifically annoying (with troll's stuns) or plain too large for non warriors (second park at caves for example). We're talking about death-less parks. Overall, it's definitely not a necessity but useful if you like challenges.