Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stomp madness

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Default Stomp madness

Can you guys stop stomping every time the cool down is up?

Seriously, it's a crowd control nightmare!

By the mid 30's the novelty should wear off.

I especially can't stand it when I beckon, only to have another warrior stomp right into the pile enemies that I have so neatly grouped together.

Please don't stomp bosses all over the board...

Please don't stomp enemies into other enemies in elite dungeons...

Do stomp: as an oh crap button, and you are about to die and need to get people off you...stomp off enemies swarming the healer...

Rule of thumb: if you don't know whether or not to stomp don't!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ehh, this thread won't help.

It's inevitable.
    [CENTER]Įgń:
    Ëłįptįč
    Twëëńk
    Gone, but (hopefully) never forgotten

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If all the enemies are grouped together then the birds use their blast shot and mages follow with their stuff...bye bye enemies. Bears are supposed to keep groups of enemies contained in a small area so others aren't hit by them and can do the killing while the bear takes the punishment. In elite dungeons and AO3 simply do not pull too many enemies at once and you shouldn;t have a problem.
    I agree that it is annoying when two bears are counter pulling and stomping. In areas without corners it will always happen. There still aren't all that many forum members compared to players.
    LDIABLO LVL 50 bear
    EMEREDELLA LVL 49 enchantress
    FLIGHTWORTHY LVL 46 archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Sorry to break it to you, and this is not to anyone in particular or meant to take offense, but people who mostly aren't on the forums or experienced, (mynas gen, new droid gen(some are exceptions) etc. They have not picked up the tactics yet or way to play the game most efficiently along with maintaining the level of fun. There are a few ways to go about this. You can either teach them, let them learn with time, not join that person's games, stick with an experienced group of friends, ignore them and move on, or keep buying trash can pots every game
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I can see it being fun for the first 30 lvls or so, but I've see lvl45s doing it like crazy. You'd think that after 40 or so level you'd start playing to your characters strengths and learn how to control crowds well. Eh, me thinks that people just want their warriors dpsing as high as they can, with disregard to everyone else. If that's the case stomp first, then, beckon everyone back together.

Eh, I just think it frustrating, and rude when I'm trying to keep the mobs together and some other warrior is jumping in the pile of leaves I just raked together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

get together with a good group and they may listen to your tactics, but I agree, I also use stomp way more than i should

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

stomping is ok. its the way they do it that sucks.

beckon in, then move to the side and stomp them towards wall or preferably a corner. then aoe death!
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the stomping isent a problem when u have a megablaster ( with the great distance )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ParalyzedWalrus View Post
    the stomping isent a problem when u have a megablaster ( with the great distance )
    only if you plan on single target removal. we are more worried with using mage and bird skills effectively.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Stomp first, then beckon! If you wanna go stomp crazy pull the boss/adds in the corner, then you can go stomp crazy for the extra dps. I really don't mind how someone does crowd control as long as they are making the run easier.

Warriors main strength is crowd control. Considering their dps is nowhere near birds and enchantress' your actually hurting a group if you are not doing it right.

I'd much rather be play whack a mole with attack/debuff rotation than chasing a boss around the board. If you're tanking and can get the a hell scream/crushing blow/taunt/mega slash rotaion up (evade and ironblood are my "oh crap" buttons) with the other group members debuffs, you won't take any damage, even with a two handed weapon. Then you can blast out the dps of your slashes. If you really wanna spam stomp, pull the boss into a corner with beckon, then add stomp into the rotation.

In any case, control is the name of the game.

Spam stomping resets boss fights, pulls adds, puts teams mates at risk, increases the risks of wipes, makes the crowd control a disaster, and kills the dps of the other members. If you really want the novelty of pushing enemies around the board, spam beckon, it'll make things much easier for everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Firstly from the way your complaining about the stomping it seems your nt a bear therefore it shouldn't matter just attack then from distance though if your a bear your self you probably should stomp because if your a bear you would understand that bears dont do much damage. Or you could ask the bear go lure them in for you. Btw this stomping madness only happens at low lvl dungeons so it shouldn't be a big problem n I do enjoy stoning because it helps with eushing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm a new gen player (Droid), but gave my best to pick up from here and there, and with some reading and experiencing, and with some help from members from the forum here, I got the hang of it, and consider myself a quite skilled bear now.

This is the quote that changed my way of playing as a bear, and if any bears read this, you should try do the same:

Iron blood and evade (if its a heavy mob), beckon, taunt, hell scream, (leave a bit for mages/birds to combo), and just when they are about finished you stomp them away. In between the wait you can probably take out 1-2 with slashes. Just rinse and repeat. Your evade/iron blood buffs probably won't be ready in time before you can take the next mob, so I suggest just alternate amounts of huge mobs. First wave is a big one, next one is a smaller one and repeat. Though if your confident in your mage and they can clear fast, you can very much use your evade/iron blood rotation.
    This is an epic quote from Ellyidol!
    Bossulica- lvl 50 bear!
    Cyberkill - lvl 50 pally!

love my android htc Desire!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Sorry Mate. Boot me from your game if you will but I am in the mid 40's and I cannot get enough of the pull them all around and stomp them away! LOL Hey I play this game for fun and this is part of the fun. Mind you I also taunt a lot so I guess it evens out.

Most my deaths I got by the pull/stomp "effect" and I wouldn't have it any other way... Or by doing a suicide run in a level and trying to get as many enemies after me as possible after me... Some players get angry with the style, others laugh... and a lot are real good at adapting to it and when I find those we clear levels in the blink of an eye. To each his style of playing bro. Important thing is to have fun.

Cheers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You guys have to understand part of being a bear is this. Stomping isnt the only annoying if u were serious u could add in elfs that don't heal or revive, birds who just run away n melée characters can't attack n there's leechs. Having other problems/ issues stomping would be one of my least issues that I'm worried about n it happens mostly at low lvls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Retributionzx View Post
    You guys have to understand part of being a bear is this. Stomping isnt the only annoying if u were serious u could add in elfs that don't heal or revive, birds who just run away n melée characters can't attack n there's leechs. Having other problems/ issues stomping would be one of my least issues that I'm worried about n it happens mostly at low lvls
    Not to mention the mages that find themselves alone in a party run ahead of everybody into a cluster of enemies, die in 2 seconds sharp and start saying "rev" every 2 seconds as if anyone could do anything about it.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Eh, I played a healer in WoW so I don't expect anyone to heal. I know what it's like to heal instances with tanks that run in blindly, screaming for heals and pulling way too much aggro and not managing the CC, causing wipes, and blaming the healer and the rest of the team. It's the same kinda guys that spend most of the pvp game yelling at healers...while the healer is get constantly jumped, and they do nothing about it. Thus, I wouldn't heal anyone that expected it just based on the fact that they are usually pretty bad players, and have horrible team ethic. Healers pick and chose who to heal, and I don't blame them. I'd usually heal people that I know can manage the CC and not pull to much aggro...or were mindful and skilled enough to get people off of me in pvp. Otherwise, I'd let them die so I could save myself and people actually helping the group.

Spam stoppers are probably 2nd worst type of players to leeches...and I'm saying this from the point of view of a warrior. If an elf doesn't want to heal I'll pop pots...I rarely ever touch my gold so I don't care. If people run off and get themselves kill, I don't care either -- they are not ruining my game.

You know who ruins my game though? Spam stompers!!! They make boss encounter difficult, they make aoe for the mages difficult, they screw up everyone else's CC, they make runs slower and more frustrating. It's a horrid ability that I be happy was striped from warrior, even without a replacement skill.

Spam stompers are like your friend's little retarded brother that tags along, when you and your friends are playing basketball. You know, that little twerp that never passes, can barely dribble, is slow as hell, takes blind shots that he never makes, and thinks he's an all-star. When in reality, he's just ruining the game for everyone that where nice enough to let him play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Blaque do u have a bear by any chance because if you don't like I said before you have to be a bear to understand stomping. Plus stomping is good for rushing it pushes away npc that block the tankers. Without blasting them away tankers can't move therefore everyone gets killed. Though are correct that healers don't have to heal yet that means tankers dont have to tank? N you were also mentioning removing the skill stomp well if mages aren't healing wouldn't it be fair to remove heal n revive also?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Whoa whoa whoa. No need to remove skills because some people don't use them correctly.

Simple solution: add to your friends list those who do know how to play correctly, and form your own teams. If someone doesn't play the way you like them to, just try to avoid playing with them. Simple.

And yes, stomping is great for rushing (as long as the bear doesn't stomp the barrel the Mage is next to).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blaquehaaart View Post
    Eh, I played a healer in WoW so I don't expect anyone to heal. I know what it's like to heal instances with tanks that run in blindly, screaming for heals and pulling way too much aggro and not managing the CC, causing wipes, and blaming the healer and the rest of the team. It's the same kinda guys that spend most of the pvp game yelling at healers...while the healer is get constantly jumped, and they do nothing about it. Thus, I wouldn't heal anyone that expected it just based on the fact that they are usually pretty bad players, and have horrible team ethic. Healers pick and chose who to heal, and I don't blame them. I'd usually heal people that I know can manage the CC and not pull to much aggro...or were mindful and skilled enough to get people off of me in pvp. Otherwise, I'd let them die so I could save myself and people actually helping the group.

Spam stoppers are probably 2nd worst type of players to leeches...and I'm saying this from the point of view of a warrior. If an elf doesn't want to heal I'll pop pots...I rarely ever touch my gold so I don't care. If people run off and get themselves kill, I don't care either -- they are not ruining my game.

You know who ruins my game though? Spam stompers!!! They make boss encounter difficult, they make aoe for the mages difficult, they screw up everyone else's CC, they make runs slower and more frustrating. It's a horrid ability that I be happy was striped from warrior, even without a replacement skill.

Spam stompers are like your friend's little retarded brother that tags along, when you and your friends are playing basketball. You know, that little twerp that never passes, can barely dribble, is slow as hell, takes blind shots that he never makes, and thinks he's an all-star. When in reality, he's just ruining the game for everyone that where nice enough to let him play.
    Sounds like you need to Host and boot the bears out if this is such an issue to you. Meanwhile I am certain that most other players enjoy the company of us the stomp happy bears.
    No need to punish other people because your playing style does not work well with players that use stomp.
    I say keep the skill, host your own "bear free" dungeons and everybody wins!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lesrider I have nothing wrong with the skills I reckon every skill is good. If I were to change skills I would add more. Plus barrels shouldn't kill u anyway just heal if they do try step away from the tanker more or shoot the barrel ealier n one last thing for blaque PL isn't WOW n you can always make your own private party if you don't like team work.