Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stomp madness

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I know how to deal with the barrels. But some players are a bit too reckless with them for my taste. The best teams I'm in can rush without throwing half the team backwards from a barrel.

Edit: I have been playing mostly without bears on my team these days, since bears have been nerfed terribly. And I think the once in a while that a bear does join the team is when I have more trouble avoiding barrels. If there's no bear, I tank as pally, so I'm leading, and try to avoid blowing up the barrels. It is possible to rush without destroying your teammates. And mages are supposed to stick close to bears, so it's wise if a bear can place his stomps away from the barrels.

Again, I know how to deal with them, and they don't often kill me. But it's just not a wise thing for a bear to do.
    Last edited by Lesrider; 12-08-2010 at 10:11 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Yes I play a bear...once again, I play a bear...for the third time, I play a bear. I think I've said that in every post. I don't know why people keep telling me, "well if you played a bear". It's my only toon in PL.

No most people do not like stomp happy bears...only the person stomping gets a kick out of it because he can sent people flying around the board.

I don't have a anything wrong with stomp...I still use it...for the purpose of crowd control. However, most bears will pull every one around them stomp them to spread them out. Very rarely do I see a bear run to the side of pile and stomp it in one direction...like into a corner, or a wall. For the most part, bears like to send mobs and people flying around...the further the better. Stomp is the move that causes the most hindrance in the game...healing doesn't spam healing isn't gonna dramatically slow down a run.

It's a novelty that should wear out after your thirties, because it really hurts the team if it isn't done right.

Yes...if a healer doesn't want to heal that's fine...you don't have to tank. However, they are not being a burden to you by not healing...they are doing you a favor. It doesn't surprise me that a stomp spammer feels like elves are obligated to heal them. Stomp spamming is a very selfish way of playing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lesrider I don't understand why you have to be so close when your rushing I can rush with a lvl 1 n I won't die, just stay back n you still won't die all the npc's aim for first rusher which is normally the tanker. Though one thing thats frustrating me is why your saying bears have to tank n they can't stomp while mages don't have to heal or revive. Well you guys make it sound you have to follow your rules or your aren't allowed to play.

Another about the barrels you mentioned you barely play with bears so I don't see that as a problem n barrels only become a problem in over, Gurg n keeper basically. Plus most people pot up n mages always can heal themselves or revive n if u aren't healing other use ur own pots I normally rely on my selve so I use hp pots all the time.

Also blaque u mentioned nt seeing much cornering so your probably rushing so I don't understand why u wat the npc surrounding u? If ur still lvling tell the bear to do corners if he doesn't know how just say lure them in the corner n no pushing skills. Stomping isn't a problem at all for lvling once you ask them once.

Btw blaque it ain't selfish of stomp spammers if your claiming mages aren't healing even when they know someone need help. Though that's a minor problem for me the only thing that trouble me is orb hogging mainly mages do it n I find it a lot better when everyone grabs one orb for themselves. Oh n if mages aren't obliged to heal them safe goes with anyone that is a warrior obliged to tank.

Just to classify one thing if you see a bear making npc flying very far its because he's usig lure n stomp at the same time this increase pushing distance so it's basically both skills that cause the huge push backs but I'm nt going in to a luring debate.

One last thing to Lesrider normally when you find barrels you will find a group of npc normally one will paralyze the tanker that's the main reason he has to stomp so he doesn't get paralized.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

By no means am I saying that mages shouldn't heal...what I'm saying is that warriors need to get over the mentality that mages are required to heal them. Just pop pots if you're in trouble, and manage your aggro. As for orb hogging...as sad as it is this game is completely unbalanced. Mages are the most important, because they can heal and revive...birds are second because their dps is insane...and bears are just charity cases, because the best bear with only increase the speed of the run marginally...or decrease it via spam stomp. Honestly, if they don't balance the classes everyone will have a mages...which is already becoming the case.

And no, you don't need to tank if you don't want to...frankly, warriors only make good tanks on bosses, because they can mitigate spike damage better. For grinding, birds and mages can hold much better aggro on groups, and are better suited...they can easily spec for strength and wear plate and use shields. Warriors, in their current state, are only the kings of crowd control. The irony is that most warriors make crowd control a nightmare via stomp spam.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well that's the first I have heard of mages being the best on ao3 the order ik is bears, avians the mages. I agree with this because I have found out tankers r important especially when it comes to rushing n avians because they do the most damage mages r only helpful when healing or reviving but they normally die first unless they hide which is normally he case in ol n Gurg, seems such a waste of a character n normal they die even when hey grab orbs non stop. N I find bears very good for reducing damage but my favorite thing about bears is the normally r the last one surviving n they survive long enough for everyone to return depending if the others respawn normally no one respawns.... Really by pain second biggest besides orb hog. Blaque u might say beard r useless becauz elfs can become paladins but i find them a lot weaker nt only me bt a lot of my friend paladins seem weak n they seem to die alot compared to bear viewing ur comments I think ur a big fan of elfs yet u say elfs r the best for there healing n reviving but through your previous comments u say mages don't have to heal n it seem like u don't heal much so if everyone acted that way mages have no advantage over other class's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Retribution, please try using some punctuation. I would discuss this with you, but reading your 10-line sentences is making me dizzy.
    Last edited by Lesrider; 12-10-2010 at 09:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

OMG Les you are so right, I tried reading the post above you and my head hurt after the first three lines. People, start using punctuation, it makes things much for legible for the person to read, who in return just may help you. Really, it only takes like an extra minute to punctuate.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeh my english ain't so great n I I can't be bothered adding full stops n commers I normally leave then out.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

That's not true...warriors are not the best tanks. They are usually the last ones to die because they can't hold aggro...because they have such low damage and one aoe effect that ruins CC. Birds and mages at holding aggro far better, except on longer boss fights where a bear can simply spam taunt.

Also, I've seen a bird practically solo the overloard...and was the main tank. Of course said bird was rocking full cosmos, but never the less he was the best tank and the best dps on the team.

Warriors far at the bottom of the list...have you been on an all warrior team? It's sooo slow!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Would that said birds name Haikus?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Be a lv50 then complain, makes more sence
    IGN: Skellerkrunch(50), Hawkrobin(50), Magiclegends(50), Oktal(45), Bladesword(45), mamccroc(35) Plothozz(30), Lechomp(20), Oktal (20), Monseiurlebow(20), Tharef(20), Smackolantern(19),

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Retributionzx View Post
    Yeh my english ain't so great n I I can't be bothered adding full stops n commers I normally leave then out.
    Sorry, then don't expect too many people to read what you write.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

No I think it was birdmage...or something like that.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Also how does being 50 make more sense? Does spam stomping magically stop when I become 50? Because I see a ton of 50 lvl spam stompers...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Blaque a full team of any character aint good if I was to have a team a tanker n the rest avians. N btw tanker is when u take all the hits nt run around in circles.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Wait, how are you suppose to be taking all hits when your spam stomping? I mean spam stoping is a move to get mobs off of you and give the enemy enough time and distance for the dps to pull them off you.

And no, the best team make up is a group of five mages, because they can all heal, revive, and dps...if speced right, tank.

Warrior aren't needed for any groups...tanks really aren't clutch for this game, groups can simply spam their way through campaigns. Lastly, warriors don't make great tanks, anyway, because they don't have any effective moves for holding group aggro and their dps is trumped by the other classes. Taunt only works effectively on long single target fights when you can spam it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Blaque i suppose to really a elf fan but i wont disagree with having a group of mages. You probably enjoy full mages groups while i prefer mixtures. Plus have you ever tried rushing with no tank normally some one dies and the mage doesn't even heal. Then when the mage releases she/ he goes back and normally dies.

Best not change the subject from stomping and which groups and class's are better. Blaque if you really hate bears just host and boot them or make a private party or if you hate avians also and prefer mages you could also do that.

n btw i only stomp if my health is low on my tank or when my whole team is out so i can survive longer i normally dont stomp because sometimes stomping actually causes your own team mates to die, sometimes it happens to me even.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

That's the point I making...stomp spam screws your team mates up. Why are arguing with me?

I talking specifically about stomp spam (I.e. hitting stomp every time the cool down is up, no matter the situation)

Stomp is a very usefull move if used correctly, my gripe is that it is over abused...specifically in the end game when people should be over the novelty.

...and no I'm not a fan of elves. Frankly, I think they are vastly over powered, because they can basically spec to fill every role in the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Blaque i didn't start making it arguement but i'm againest people who say every bears are useless and are horrible i enjoy warriors and i dont like you posting how good elfs are i enjoy all class's not just one specific. I once wanted to be a mage more then anything but i'm in to avians now, oh probably should have read the whole comment well if you aren't such a big fan of elves why you supporting them so much and shunning bears so much?

Lesrider thank you for the srry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

you havent played enough a tank to really appreciate the usefullness of stomp, that s my only explanation. I agree that a bear is not (no longer after the nerf) badly needed in a group, but DONT underestimate its role in a group, especially if he does not lack leadership and enjoys planning fights and leading battles.

Yes, I agree, if you have 2 pallies full rift in your team, no bear is required, but don t forget rushes, dont forget the power of bekon (to speedy grouping for mages aoe spells) and also STOMP is a most essential spell. If there are a vast majority of bad played bears, it doesnt mean all bears are useless or can be easily replaced. Taunt WORKS and it s awesome, no matter what others may say!

They do speed things up, no matter what one can say.

I have a 50 pally also, still I love organizing teams as the bear leader!

Therefore stop spamming your hate against bears all over your posts, it's not needed!

LE: For me, the ideal team thunder fast clearing with 0 deaths is made up of a good tank, a mage and 3 birds!

A piece of advice for all bears out there!

- spam taunt ALWAYS
    - do not spam stomp
    - lead the way always, take the first spike from mobs
    - dont stomp when your mage and barrels are near you
    - do not stomp greenie thing ( don t break archer root)
    - hell scream when you see purple thing (weakness)
    - stomp when your mage/s are surrounded by mobs
    - did I say to ALWAYS spam taunt as soon as up, especially at bosses
    - after bekon and taunt, DO not Stopm, wait there, in the middle of mobs or against the wall, wait for combos, debuff, spam taunt, slashes, and when you feel they are about to be finished up, or you are overwhelmed, then you may hit stomp.
    - at bosses ALWAYS have bekon and Stomp ready, for when they move to re corner them, meanwhile use hell, slashes and normal attack.
    Last edited by ciss; 12-12-2010 at 11:04 AM.
    Bossulica- lvl 50 bear!
    Cyberkill - lvl 50 pally!

love my android htc Desire!!