Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stomp madness

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I totally agree with the play style you listed.

Although, taunt isn't as effective on mobs because they are usaully all dead by the first cool down. It is amazing on longer single target fights though...it takes about 3 taunts to establish primary aggro.

...and I don't hate bears. I hate stomp spammers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good then stomp saying they are useless I'm sick of hearing other class's are better then others I believe class is unique in different area and ciss u said u don't need a bear tank because u can replace with two pallys I prefer to have one tank who can rank just as good as two pallys. Btw stmping spamming only happens barely

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Dude, you must be playing a whole nother game...stomp spam is pretty common, and bears are near useless. I guesses if you're two manning a dungeon. I just two manned ao2 with a 46 mage and he healed and dps'd. I basically just took the beating...that's probably the only time I was instrumental in the end game. Although the mage was good enough to watch aggro a knew where to run, and how to let me get it back. Otherwise, I just spend my time trying to keep mobs off the casters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To be fair, there are a lot of mages who don't keep their distance and run right into the brawl. I hate when I have 2 mages right in the middle of it, and I got to go stomp it out.

Sometimes I know the other players might get annoyed that I stomped them all out, but there are some pretty stupid mages and birds out there who leave me no choice (unless I let them die). As there are many stupid bears.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Blaque just because u experience non stomping doesn't mean we all do and as Lesrider said before make a private party there shouldn't be reason why u still experience non stomping. N as I said before stop saying bears are useless I enjoy each class as I said before so stop saying bears are useless keep those opinions to urself.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Aren't opinions the whole point of a forum? I don't seem to be the only one with the opinion that bears have been nerfed to hell. Lots of people that have them stopped playing them, and and a good amount of people seem to be apprehensive about playing with them...because bears just don't have the near the dps as the other classes, ruin CC, and tanking just really isn't a necessity in this game.

As for groups, not all the good people I know are on, every time I am, so I run pick up games. I form groups as well, when needed. Thus I deal with it, which for the most part I can handle mages not healing and running in blinding, birds pulling to much aggro, mages not rezing, people to lazy to run back...honestly none of the that really affects the way I play. Most of the aggravation is from stomp spam, misuse of knock backs in general drive me nut, but stomp spam is by far the most prevelant.

LK - definitely true...I've actually been seeing that a lot from level 50's who ball out way to hard and wipe. Then, get frustrated and drop group. Eh, I only make it an effort to save people that play with the team in mind...if someone is healing they are on the top of the list for pulling agro off of. I'll disengage a boss to get mobs off them via beckon/stomp and taunt spam and super mega slash to get mobs off a healer. If the dps is managing agro than I'll make it a point to keep stray add off of them. Other warriors I leave to the own devices...and I actually like grouping with other warriors as long as the don't stomp spam, because I can't off tank mobs off the healers. Otherwise, if people are doing their own thing I let them...my priority is helping people that are helping everyone else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Wow, I read the lot, make sure if a Mage drops a icestorm and you don't see a follow up firestorm, they are giving you the option to stomp for shattered combo, I do that but if the bear does not grab the option, I lay the firestorm down just before icestorm runs out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy View Post
    Wow, I read the lot, make sure if a Mage drops a icestorm and you don't see a follow up firestorm, they are giving you the option to stomp for shattered combo, I do that but if the bear does not grab the option, I lay the firestorm down just before icestorm runs out.
    Yeap

stomp + firestorm = godly damage
    icestorm = bear's cue to STOMPP~

funny thing is
    i only got to do that combo up to around ao2

after hitting ao3
    stomp bears seem to be a thing of the past
    really missed doing that combo

don't see much of them bears nowadays

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

I have been defending bears a lot these days and finally broke down and made a bird this weekend to see what the fuss was all about. I must admit that the game-play is much faster and must confess to thinking "here we go I got to help the bear again stomping away". I now agree that the bears although strong and fun to play with are complete dead weight to other classes. I just kept having to slow down and even turn around to help the bear running after enemies all over the place never being able to connect a hit.

Quite a disappointment really.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Blaque forums aren't used to complain about certain topics its a source for someone to talk about a specific topic. If you really hate stompig so much just post a forum plus it is a game don't get so carried away it suppose to be fun where stomp artist said before bears are strong and fun to play with. I play PL because it's fun I don't take it so serious if I die Ill just laugh or if some amateur gets the whole team killed I'll laugh at that. Plus there has been a lot of advice from other players if u really hate stomping make a private party there shouldnt be a reason for your complaining.

Blaque just to let you could you really stop changing the topic from stomping madness to bear madness cause i would prefer PL to have three types of characters instead of two.

Remember enjoy th game don't take it so serious if your getting mad over it so much why play PL?
    Last edited by Retributionzx; 12-13-2010 at 09:51 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Retributionzx View Post
    Blaque forums aren't used to complain about certain topics its a source for someone to talk about a specific topic. If you really hate stompig so much just post a forum plus it is a game don't get so carried away it suppose to be fun where stomp artist said before bears are strong and fun to play with. I play PL because it's fun I don't take it so serious if I die Ill just laugh or if some amateur gets the whole team killed I'll laugh at that. Plus there has been a lot of advice from other players if u really hate stomping make a private party there shouldnt be a reason for your complaining.

Blaque just to let you could you really stop changing the topic from stomping madness to bear madness cause i would prefer PL to have three types of characters instead of two.

Remember enjoy th game don't take it so serious if your getting mad over it so much why play PL?
    - I think it's not stomping as much as the Bears skills being a little unbalanced. Given that the Bears have no real ability to fight from a distance it makes it very difficult to get to ranged enemies with them. Perhaps the damage should be slightly increased when hitting with Bears to re-balance the game at higher levels... Also I couldn't agree more with your statements about laughing and having fun. Key word here is GAME. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exactly this whole forum we have been going back on forth on different topics n if I were to sum it up it would take awhile yet I wouldn't take Pl so serious.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

No, it's stomp spamming that aggravates me...other knock backs as well, but particularly stomp because it's over abused.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol I'm giving up on this forum I don't think you get what I said just before....

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I get what you say, but you are misinformed.

There are only two real classes in this game. Other players besides and including me, of the same (even bears with full cosmos gear) and different classes, agree that bears are dead weight in the endgame, and are not needed at all.

I'm just taking it up a notch and saying that stomp spammers actually hurt the group.

I just think it's a good idea for bear to be good charity cases and manage CC well.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I use stomp as soon as timer is up, but I do it smartly.

On a boss, I always angle myself to stomp it into a wall.

In a crowd, I wait for others to use their AoE, then stomo, then pull then together again.