Thread: Regarding skill system...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

Exclamation Regarding skill system...

Introduction
    We get a lot of threads complaining about how one class is OP when compared to the others from time to time, as the game dynamics change so does the class balance.

Each class has a "main" category stat that benefits them the most in terms of damage while also helping the class' main attribute. In short, there's no reason for a class to allocate stat points into other categories besides the main one as the benefits do not compensate the losses. Exception here may be rogues due to their incredible damage they are are confortobale with putting points into other stats and still ve competitive.

Warrior - strenght, provides damage, dmg bonus and health
    Rogue - dexterity, provides damage, dmg bonus and crit/dodge
    Sorcerer - inteligence, provides damage, dmg bonus and mana

Proposition
    I propose STS changes how base stats work, so there are 3 categories:
    - Inteligence: damage and mana
    - Dexterity: dodge, crit, bonus damage
    - Strenght: health and armor

Each class would have the same starting point and each class would have the same benefit from every point added to either of above categories.

Reasoning
    If a sorcerer/rogue decides to put all their stat points in str (same amount as if a warrior put all his stat points in str), they'd end up with maximum health and armor, but the skills would do no damage and they'd run out of mana quickly. On the other hand, if a warrior decides to put all his stat points in int, they'd have high damage and mana but be as squishy as mages are nowadays.

So each class would have to make a choice when allocating stat points, to either favor one aspect over the other or build a balanced toon. This would favor build diversity and encourage the use of gear that's nowadays considered 'trash pinks', while at the same time allowing for devs to expand on mythics for each class. There would be no more 'undesirable' gear stat category.

How would it work?
    So, with this set up, 2 toons that have the same base stat allocation would have the exact same stats on inspect screen. Assuming no equipment, the only difference in damage output and survivability would come from the skill set that's available for each class and skill's mechanics and characteristics of each class.

For example, rogue and mage both have same build, which translates into the exact same numbers on inspect screen. Rogue's aimed shot has a characteristic of reducing armor and stacking crit, which means they have an actual damage output single target higher than the mage's fireball skill, which has a characteristic of area of effect and damage over time. Like so, warrior's skills have a characteristic of disorienting and making the opponent feeble which is meant to increase their survivability.

Wrapping up!
    This is a big change, but in the end I believe this would bring in diversity and a nice dynamics to the gameplay. I am sure there's some big flaw in all my assumptions that I'm failing to see, so please feel free to point it out so we can discuss and improve, or even reject this entirely.

The toeless smurf!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to katish For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

Wow no comments? did i scare everyone wtih too much text? :/

The toeless smurf!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

+1..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

the only class needs a lil bit nerf is warrior just a lil..i think a lil nerf more to their dmg
    rogue(crocodiile)level 23

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

this is a lil suggestion and simple
    warrior-nerf the dmg
    mage-a lil upgrade to their armor/health
    rogue-make the dodge stat to dodge skills or a lil upgrade to their mana ,..
    rogue(crocodiile)level 23

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

A little buff for mages only when they are in pvp room and we are all a big happy family.

Rogues and wars have nothing to complain about...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EliteFamily View Post
    A little buff for mages only when they are in pvp room and we are all a big happy family.

Rogues and wars have nothing to complain about...
    This. Mages are already PvE beasts.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

yeah i too much text.
    i looked at it. then im like yeah screw that im not reading it......
    LOL

but because i like you.. ill read it..
    give me.... 10 minutes.. wait a sec........

--------- 10 minutes has past---------

hmm.. well str - as health and armor.. armor really comes from your gear.. hence why its called armor..
    i am not too sure about this.. from what it seems it defeats the main purpose of having

Warrior, rogue, smurf characters..
    cuz you can be a rogue.. but a tank.. the only difference is.. the skill builds( HOR.. Windmill.. jugg etc)
    same with smurf.. a mage thats a tank.. but doesnt have warriors skill build
    so it cant really taunt etc..

its like putting a warriors soul in a rogue.. trading bodies.. idk if u get what im getting at..
    whats the point if ur a sorcerer and wanna have a tank build but cant be a tank..

this build i think only benefits rogues.. i feel like with rogues current skill (pierce , aim etc) theyll just be really OP
    cuz they would be a rogue crazy damage.. with a tank and a mage combined.. 3 on 1.. when they balance their points in such a way they are..
    if say they took more strength/ INT /- it really just mean ur increasing rogue health.. armor.. and damage..... and theyre damage is already crazy as it is.. and now ur increasing their survivability with the "strength armor tweak"

OKay lets pull a warrior for instance
    - If we put more points on intelligent - it would increase our - (damage and mana as u stated)- but sacrificing our health by a lot since were str based.
    - what benefit is it for warriors to have more damage and MANA .. it wont make much difference to us
    because..

1. our SKILL SETS are not meant for damage.. JUGG - for taking damage.. taunt etc. - HOR - taunt .. health.. SMASH/AXE/CS/WM - doesnt have tweaks to give us crazy crit damage like rogue
    2. VENGE - is enough for mana

so what a warrior be like 5k health.. 600 dmg.. 2000 mana .. 2k armor
    that 600 dmg.. wont even come close to the damage out put comparing to a rogue with 300 dmg. our dps too slow.

if we sacrifice some more HEALTH aka str.. and put points on DEX for some crit n dodge.. our attack skill set still wont even come close to rogues damage output .. we dont have that aim shot with additional 98374928347% Crit chance or mage 250% crit chance with Bolt..
    warriors are just gonna be an easier kill.

now lets put all str points on warrior

yay 7k health 3k armor.. dmg 200. mana 500. ( since Str wont give us any damage as u stated only INT will)
    yeah thats not gonna work. may work for pve but tht would hell suck in pvp

additional.

if they change the stat base, it changes the whole gear gigs.. too much complication
    remember what happened i hink season 3/4? when they added dex - having an effect on warriors etc..
    the current weapon "best" isnt so best anymore and the weapon that was so bad became the best..
    not only the gears will be messed up but the market will also be.

in my opinion this build is so focus for rogues benefits lol.. its like YOU covered everything rogue needs to GO with THEIR 3k crits
    - str with health/ armor
    - int with DAMAGE and MANA

or even benefit mage more.. LOL
    Last edited by inkredible; 03-06-2014 at 07:58 PM.

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours