Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: haha gotta love a good Fail

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default haha gotta love a good Fail

So I joined a group the other night in Victory Lap.. looked like a decent group everybody had their rift or void armor, good bird ratio.. anyways after i join they all start argueing about when he spawns (obviously the first run and i could tell it was desert because of the drops) then they engaged ploth and everyone was yelling at mage to heal.. obviously a fail because next thing everyone was yelling rez... i give props to the mage for livng so long that he could still rev everybody 3 1/2 minutes later lol (exageration but might as well been)... but while all this was going on i just sat at the spawn because i wanted no part in this mess.. but couldnt leave due the epic fail-o-meter .. so anyways they all rev back, yell some more about stop pushing the mob out of bounds, next thing you know they all die... they started cursing at each other and went back and forth calling each other noobs for a good minute and then everybody left haha!!

Idk maybe youd have to be there but i found it hilarious, if you got a good fail story please share

50 Bird Oldgveteran / 50 Pally Oldg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sometimes all it takes is one in a group of experienced players to ruin everything.

This happened earlier in one of my victory laps. I was with a group of decent "Know-how-to" players, cleared up all bosses left gurgox. One player left after OL, so we continued with only 4 players. In the middle of the fight, a noob lvl 50 bird (Non-void) joined, ran to site and start jogging around the perimeter of the room, leaving no orbs for the rest of us... The 4 of us got nuked, and he got chopped down a few seconds later. I commented politely on his actions, and he called all of us noobs instead. LOL...

I just couldnt help but laugh
    IGNs | Orei (Elf) - Lvl 50 Mage/Paladin | Oreio (Ursan) - Lvl 50 Gunner/Tank | Oreides (Avian) - Lvl 50 Gunner/Tank | Oreii (Elf) - Lvl 47 Mage | Oreiz - Lvl 20 Storage Twink |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Im betting that non void lvl 50 bird didn't know what the orbs did. Maybe next time, instead of letting the whole team wipe you could have told him what to do?

Sounds like you were the noob for not making sure everyone knew what was going on? Elitist end-gamers ftw!
    Hi, my name is Olhar. I'm a lvl41 mage in EOS and I'm an alcoholic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uctiger62 View Post
    Im betting that non void lvl 50 bird didn't know what the orbs did. Maybe next time, instead of letting the whole team wipe you could have told him what to do?

Sounds like you were the noob for not making sure everyone knew what was going on? Elitist end-gamers ftw!
    Uctiger, if he was grabbing the orbs, he had SOME, even if the tiniest, idea of what they do. And he did join a game that was almost full. If he wasn't sure what to do, he could have asked instead of doing his own thing.

I think people have every right not to want to be wiped by some random noob.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Pre-emptive strikes of kindness are generally effective and rarely offered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uctiger62 View Post

In my opinion every level 50. Void / Rift .. regardless should have an idea of how to play the game... if there are 5 orbs in a room, i dont care what color or what shape, and i have a group full of 5 people im not going to be the jerk to take them all.. even if i have no earthly idea of what they do!!! is there 5 of these colorful things for a reason possibly?? in this circumstance id call that a complete lack of common sense and respect for your group. Now if the noob just keeps getting his clock cleaned, he will soon figure out that they r there for a reason and therefor learn his lesson and be better for it. But i agree with lesrider. I have the right to not be wiped out by random noobs and it is not my intention on screaming a step by step how to kill gurg for dummies everytime. The game doesnt provide me with enough hot keys therefor have an idea how to play the game or GTFO. I promise you will be booted before you have the chance to call me a noob for not explaining it haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Just wanted to add one thing. Uctiger, they were farming Victory Lap. Anyone who had made it to victory lap has had to go through all the bosses at least once. So therefore they would have had to learn how to beat them. If they decided to leech those stages and let someone else unlock while they did nothing, then they should make sure they learn how to it right before joining random games and doing whatever the hell they want.

When Ao3 came out, even after I unlocked all the levels, I still felt noobish with them for a while. So my farming started with plothozz, and as I got better and more comfortable, I added gurg, mynas, etc one by one. I would never just join a random team if I didn't know what I was doing. If someone did invite me, and they were doing a boss I wasn't so comfortable with yet, I'd tell them, and usually they would either explain, or at least do enough damage so I wouldn't be causing too much trouble.

Point is, let people know you don't know what you're doing. We're not mind readers and are not going to explain every time we see a new person. I used to do that, and let me tell you, it's tiresome. When you've been farming for so long, you just want to be able to go in with a good group and not have to explain anything to random noobs!

Ok, end of rant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Uctiger doesnt make sense. Who will have time to tell the guy "take only 1 orb when he screams!" after he have already taken every single orb in the room? The guys have already started fighting gurg, talking would most likely mean death.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgveteran View Post
    So I joined a group the other night in Victory Lap.. looked like a decent group everybody had their rift or void armor, good bird ratio.. anyways after i join they all start argueing about when he spawns (obviously the first run and i could tell it was desert because of the drops) then they engaged ploth and everyone was yelling at mage to heal.. obviously a fail because next thing everyone was yelling rez... i give props to the mage for livng so long that he could still rev everybody 3 1/2 minutes later lol (exageration but might as well been)... but while all this was going on i just sat at the spawn because i wanted no part in this mess.. but couldnt leave due the epic fail-o-meter .. so anyways they all rev back, yell some more about stop pushing the mob out of bounds, next thing you know they all die... they started cursing at each other and went back and forth calling each other noobs for a good minute and then everybody left haha!!

Idk maybe youd have to be there but i found it hilarious, if you got a good fail story please share

So if perhaps this group of 4 was actually a team of 5 they might have done better?

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    So if perhaps this group of 4 was actually a team of 5 they might have done better?
    There is just no helping some groups. Really.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    haha perhaps.. but as soon as i entered they were cursing and trying one up each other over something as simple as when he spawns.. I dont enjoy grouping with people like this so no, i didnt put on my speed pot and rush out to help... and are you suggesting ploth is hard to kill with a group of 4 fully geared people?? since when?? and then just call each other noobs and leave?? haha... you can argue it anyway you wish but it was still a pathetic display.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Worst thing about noob teams is that they make me spam health pots too much(for Pally specifically). This destracts from my kill/time ratio. Yuck
    gaabob - lv50 pally/mage; gaabobtwo - lv50 dual bird; gaabobthree - lv50 intbear/strbear; gaabobfour - lv50 dextress; gaabobfive - lv50 bowbear; gaabobtwink - lv20 intbear twink; deathsparkles - lv20 bird twink; a mule; and a lv47 ao2 farmer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Hey Oldg I'm platinumarrow we farmed for a couple hours the other day lol...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I think I would have tried to run to help, but it sounds like they would have died first. LOL. Plus they were talking way to much if they were really having trouble killing. Should have been re-grouping.

And the player taking all those orbs is really annoying. I still remember a couple of those games -- stupid players -- and a time or two when I tried to tell a group that mages get orb-priority and got called all sorts of neat names for suggesting that, because you know, the orbs are meant for bears (!!) :P Sooo dumb.

I don't see that too often anymore, but really...

Oh, of course, full gear does not mean the player knows how to play. I remember a couple games in the last two days with quite a huge difference in play, in VL and in Nightmares. The good group pretty much rushes through; the others die some, throw mobs all about, has a hard time dealing damage and have mages with full mp bars... HUGE difference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Just wanted to add one thing. Uctiger, they were farming Victory Lap. Anyone who had made it to victory lap has had to go through all the bosses at least once. So therefore they would have had to learn how to beat them. If they decided to leech those stages and let someone else unlock while they did nothing, then they should make sure they learn how to it right before joining random games and doing whatever the hell they want.

When Ao3 came out, even after I unlocked all the levels, I still felt noobish with them for a while. So my farming started with plothozz, and as I got better and more comfortable, I added gurg, mynas, etc one by one. I would never just join a random team if I didn't know what I was doing. If someone did invite me, and they were doing a boss I wasn't so comfortable with yet, I'd tell them, and usually they would either explain, or at least do enough damage so I wouldn't be causing too much trouble.

Point is, let people know you don't know what you're doing. We're not mind readers and are not going to explain every time we see a new person. I used to do that, and let me tell you, it's tiresome. When you've been farming for so long, you just want to be able to go in with a good group and not have to explain anything to random noobs!

Ok, end of rant.
    Yeah, taht's true. You and Old are right about that. They would have had to go through the each level at least once, and if they were leeching w/o learning, then it IStheir fault.

I guess I'm just defensive because I'm having to learn the hard way how to clear the bosses and the 'pro' players that I sometimes team with are less than willing to teach a new lvl 50 how to not get stomped. Even the posts on some of the forums from people asking for help getting techniques down are met with 'QQ NUB, GO LERN2PLAY.'

Anyways...my bad. I try to be a good noob. >.>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Easy way to tell a good team when joining a VL group. When full, without saying anything, the entire group kills the lore dudes in the middle and goes straight for the Keeper.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Eh, Fluff a lot of people aren't bothering with Keeper anymore since most of his drops are worth next to nothing now. I don't mind if we do or don't, so I'll usually just let my friends decide.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Eh, Fluff a lot of people aren't bothering with Keeper anymore since most of his drops are worth next to nothing now. I don't mind if we do or don't, so I'll usually just let my friends decide.
    Was thinking about that. Guess it's harder to tell now, because IF you are going to kill the keeper at all, a good group does him first. But I guess now not all groups kill him.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Was farming with oldg, and then later too, and we only did desert mynas and OL
    gaabob - lv50 pally/mage; gaabobtwo - lv50 dual bird; gaabobthree - lv50 intbear/strbear; gaabobfour - lv50 dextress; gaabobfive - lv50 bowbear; gaabobtwink - lv20 intbear twink; deathsparkles - lv20 bird twink; a mule; and a lv47 ao2 farmer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up!