Thread: "Cancel" to refund in trades

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Default "Cancel" to refund in trades

Hi, I just thought of this idea. Maybe you can make a "cancel" to get refunded in trades (or gifts). For example if A bought a staff for 100k from B, then B wants the staff back, or A wants the money back because he didnt like the staff, A or B can "cancel" the trade and get exactly what they traded, which means A gets 100k back from B and B gets the staff back from A. This "cancel" system should only be able to refund in a day, after 24 hours passed you cant refund anymore.

I think this would be a good idea. It may help getting back what account "hackers" took from them, and it helps the ones who got scammed get back what they were scammed easily. Also this could be known as a loan system, that you can loan your guildy something and get back anytime you want. Noone would lose or gain anything from this, its like the trade between them never happened, so it wont cause much drama and exploit. A disadvantage is that people will just trade and test the item and then get the gold back, but there are many more advantages!

I think many merchers will disagree because they cant lowball anymore, but think about it! If you are happy because a random "nub" (who doesnt know price) just get you a very good deal, then when the "nub" know about the actual price, how do they feel?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

This is a great idea in theory but one can easily take advantage.

• Merchants: If they sell a person an item & later on, they find somebody buying it for higher, all they need to do is hit "cancel" and then resell to the higher bidder.
    • Eggs: So, after the trade, the customer has to wait a day to open his egg? That would be agony!
    • Inflation/Deflation: The AL economy has rapid inflation/deflation. Lets say that yesterday, I sold you a pair of hooks for 9m. Now, I heard the announcement that they're being upgraded, so I quickly cancel the deal?
    • Insufficient Funds: What happens if the seller no longer has the funds to make the purchase? Would that not break the system or turn into an exploit?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    267 Posts

Ok let's say party A bought a arcane staff for 1 million from party B. Then party A sells arcane staff for 2 million in 3 hours after purchasing it from B? Who gets what back?

Trades are final.

AL: Generalzod

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    This is a great idea in theory but one can easily take advantage.

• Merchants: If they sell a person an item & later on, they find somebody buying it for higher, all they need to do is hit "cancel" and then resell to the higher bidder.
    • Eggs: So, after the trade, the customer has to wait a day to open his egg? That would be agony!
    • Inflation/Deflation: The AL economy has rapid inflation/deflation. Lets say that yesterday, I sold you a pair of hooks for 9m. Now, I heard the announcement that they're being upgraded, so I quickly cancel the deal?
    • Insufficient Funds: What happens if the seller no longer has the funds to make the purchase? Would that not break the system or turn into an exploit?
    1 more thing...

Trolls... here's a small scenario to illustrate my point:

Player A: Selling arcane maul for 500,000 gold!
    Player B: I'll buy!
    *trade ensues*
    Player B: (OMG) WOW THANKS!
    *2 minutes later*
    Trade has been cancelled.
    Player B: :'(

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

tbh I didnt think about most of those scenarios, but now I think if it was added, when one side stash or trade/gift someone else or not have enough money to refund, they cant cancel the trade if it was like that, then I dont think trolling is possible because they could just liquidate it and get to stash and buy it back
    Btw like zeus said, this is worse in real than in theory bad idea

EDIT: I just thought of another way to defense from "hack" or "take items on the account they were shared with" because recently there are cases of "items lost" and STS said theres no prove. It is to add a personal trade history ingame, which can reveal exactly the history of trades made in a day or 3 or a week. If this was added, I think we can controll the way we spend/make money easier, along with reporting the "hacker"
    Last edited by Sceazikua; 03-08-2014 at 05:08 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Sounds good in practice but too many loop holes. What if I sold something for 50 million, to player A and then player A trades it with B, and B trades it with C and so on. It would mess everything up should everyone person cancelled. It's a slippery slope that isn't a good one. You want to try something only to find u don't like it after? Sell it back out yourself. That's how an economy works!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show....php?p=1507681

Note- I'm not promoting my thread. Please post only in this thread.

Just look at point 2. It's a better solution.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

I made this suggestion 4 months ago:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ghlight=trades

And it basically addresses all of the points brought up by people here. But don't expect it to be done. STS added a comma. Case closed.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post

The Swift Trade Scam: A player offers to trade you their item/gold for your item/gold. Before confirming their trade, they will change the item/amount of gold in hopes that you wont notice.
    Example: Player A offers 200,000 gold for your Leprechaun Pendant and you decide to sell it. In the trade menu, they put down the 200k and you put down the leprechaun pendant. Before you confirm the trade, they change the amount to 20,000 gold, and they confirm the trade.
    Example: Player A is selling their Lvl 10 Storm Sword for 200k. You wish to buy it. In the trade menu, Player A puts his level 10 item down and when you put your 200k down, he changes his item to a lvl 30 storm sword (which is cheaper), and you both confirm.

Advice on Avoiding this Scam: Always double check the confirm screen before ending the trade. Check the 0's on the gold amount, and check the item name/level.
    This is such a common scam, yet there are people against these suggestions just because they dont want to go through the unnecessary hassle of 3 windows.

5 minute window is a good idea but the trolls can be heartbreaking I like that and the pop up window solution which says "Player X gave you ABC items, is this what you had asked for?" With check option for no and yes. Yes closes window, no reverts trade. Imagine how many people would be saved from the aforementioned scam.

P.S.- I don't mean to insult anybody's opinions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hiosahaf View Post
    This is such a common scam, yet there are people against these suggestions just because they dont want to go through the unnecessary hassle of 3 windows.

5 minute window is a good idea but the trolls can be heartbreaking I like that and the pop up window solution which says "Player X gave you ABC items, is this what you had asked for?" With check option for no and yes. Yes closes window, no reverts trade. Imagine how many people would be saved from the aforementioned scam.

P.S.- I don't mean to insult anybody's opinions!

Honestly, that doesn't solve the problem - it just delays the inevitable from happening.

This is what will happen from that solution:

1. It will work for those that are already careful when trading.
    2. People will take it as a nuisance and quickly button mash their way through it.
    3. People will then create a thread on forums asking for an anti-scam system. <--
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Honestly, that doesn't solve the problem - it just delays the inevitable from happening.

This is what will happen from that solution:

1. It will work for those that are already careful when trading.
    2. People will take it as a nuisance and quickly button mash their way through it.
    3. People will then create a thread on forums asking for an anti-scam system. <--
    It's an endless cycle :|