Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Guide : How to make a successful pro endgame guild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwihawk View Post
    i think Waug was winning then you would have cryed and got joepally ans smokestar to team

Also Smoke star is an amazing pvper, i respect him....
    lol sure

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Dis no ping is a personally favrouite

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by quantionus View Post
    lol sure
    Family invite pls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by quantionus View Post
    lmao but the content is Family
    dis post is as funny as clouds quick chat, I enjoyed.

Lol y u trying to prove dat all family members have skillless boosted kd, we ain't saying but ur the one who want to prove it, lol and u being a guildy shouldn't do that, ur gm maynot like it.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts

I find quan to be an overachiever. All he does is suck seeds =D~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

^ lowl ru talkin about overachiever some rhino?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

This is what happens when a whole generation of players were taught that rushing (rather than ffa) is the way the game is meant to be played. All family has done is take that mindset to it's most strategical conclusion (What's stronger than a 3v1?). Granted, they could be a bit more nice about it. I remember Yich used to preach day and night that involuntary ffa is not cool because it always ends in a 2v1 or 3v1, but no one listened to him. They just thought he didn't like being rushed.

I made this thread awhile back. At the time no one listened to me either, but perhaps now folks might reconsider. Let's just hope no more "Family" guilds show up (though I've already seen small scale clones of family in various twink levels): http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ush+exhaustive

(Read the section at the end, "What are we to make of rushing?")
    Last edited by MightyMicah; 03-14-2014 at 09:34 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

^ first off this is not a family oriented thread as most of the peoples took it. If u ask me as I said several times in game also that 99% guilds teams the person who rushes their members, so what's new and unique about family? nothing. so what's the point?

If you really ask me, what was the inner sarcasm in it, I would say it sarcastic to the str players and pvp balance that how a group of just OK str group (with healers) can devastate any old pro non str group in endgame IN GENERAL.

Also I can't agree on ur new gen. rushing concept, its same old just few ppls got another excuse to rush -'samhayne said blah blah' next game if they get rushed they would say, - 'hey bro y u rushing me'

its just the opness that ppls using not enjoy so called 'rush' or FFA.
    Last edited by Waug; 03-14-2014 at 10:43 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Choosing an op set has nothing to do with the attitudes of characters. In most mmo's players seek to have the best build possible. People want to succeed by the easiest means possible and that will never change.

The difference is that long ago during sewer cap people understood that teams and classes can be unbalanced, therefore making ffa unfair. This is why ffa was always initiated voluntarily. Nowadays people have completely forgotten what is fair and fun in this game and they've decided that whatever is in their best interest has become "fair and fun." In this case, three str set characters with healing. What's to stop them? "Everyone" agrees that rushing is how the game was "meant" to be played.

You see, it ultimately comes down to this. Family and all other guilds like them are doing just exactly what everyone has told them to do; namely rushing. The difference is that they are big and they are organized. They pose a huge threat to everyone else's gaming fun. Why do they ruin people's fun? Is it because of their trash talking? No. Trash talking has been around forever in the gaming industry and that never ultimately stopped anyone's fun. So why is it that family gets so much hate? It's because no one, I don't care who you are, no one wants to be rushed 24/7 by everyone. Free for all 24/7 and rushing 24/7 are totally different ideas. One is involuntary, and the other is voluntary. (And generally one involves odds such as 1v3 and 2v3)

Anyways, as I was saying it ultimately comes down to these two solutions:
    1. Accept that Family and other guilds are doing exactly what they've been told to do by everyone. Stop complaining, grow some thick skin, and deal with it. (This thread could possibly be considered mild complaining.)
    2. Stop preaching that "rushing" is the way this game was meant to be played, and start preaching that (voluntary) free for all is.
    Last edited by MightyMicah; 03-14-2014 at 11:44 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

1> Nope its being always nearly same what current guilds are doing. NOTHING NEW. Nobody learned anything new since very old methods other than 'go'.

2> I don't say rush and FFA r same, neither I promote anything.

3> Read carefully this is not a complain thread neither family thread. This is a real guide anybody can follow to make a successful endgame guild. How u finding complain in it?

4> Even if it contain sarcasm, then IT HAS THE STRONG MESSAGES THAT HOW FEW STR CLASSES ARE OP-ER THAN NON STR.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by legendfb View Post
    1> Nope its being always nearly same what current guilds are doing. NOTHING NEW. Nobody learned anything new since very old methods other than 'go'.

2> I don't say rush and FFA r same, neither I promote anything.

3> Read carefully this is not a complain thread neither family thread. This is a real guide anybody can follow to make a successful endgame guild. How u finding complain in it?

4> Even if it contain sarcasm, then IT HAS THE STRONG MESSAGES THAT HOW FEW STR CLASSES ARE OP-ER THAN NON STR.
    You never listened in the past and I doubt you ever will. Perhaps others reading this won't be so close-minded.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Amen Micah, wisely said and well put. You my friend should be a psychologist.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Thanks, Will, that means a lot coming from you.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah:1521728
    Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Thanks, Will, that means a lot coming from you.
    You guys are pathetic... Waug is right

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    You never listened in the past and I doubt you ever will. Perhaps others reading this won't be so close-minded.
    anyone can blame without even proper logic, should I listen to that -? bring some real facts definitely I would do that..

let me point out few more..

I think instead of saying several times its not family thread , u kept focusing on it, showing ur close minded can't think larger and broader issues like str being op.

U asked me to be thick skinned, no problem, its not ur fault that u don't know me, but u suggested it to the wrong person, cause I love to do 3/2vs me no matter if I'm not even winning, so I don't complain on getting teamed.

As I don't complain about anything being op IN GAME , cause sorry to say, there are several close minded ppls would say "cry" answering or in a more civilised way, "ur complaining" - like u did.

Fact is Forum is for bit more matured place and for feedback, so that devs really can get what's wrong in it, and u say 'don't complain' so friend wait a bit, and re-think, ur points are really valid?
    Last edited by Waug; 03-14-2014 at 09:34 PM.