Thread: Warrior guidance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Warrior guidance

here's my stats

Skills: SS 5/5, WM 5/5 , HoR 5/5, and Jugg 4/5 minus movement impair

The question is what should I change to excel in elites when I get there. Some tips and advice would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Hi, nice kdr. Actually that mana regain of skyward smash in not essential. It don't have snaring effect in windmill. I would like to share my build which I m using from 10 months. It worked great for me(non mythic).
    Firstly, All points in strength. It gives you good health and good damage too. And about skills,I have five skills :Max out the HoR, juggernaut, vengeful blood.Ss and windmill 4/5. I don't have mana regain and snaring respectively. And in passives, 5/5 might and durable. I still have 3 points left which I put for intelligence. This is my build currently And if people call me noob, i don't care -_-
    p.s: sorry for my English

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ah many thanks. So its CS an optional skill as well? I've heard a lot of builds use CS for the additional taunt. Also I forgot to say that I have 5/5 might 5/5 wisdom and 1/5 whatever the skill name for dex is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerofmight View Post
    Ah many thanks. So its CS an optional skill as well? I've heard a lot of builds use CS for the additional taunt. Also I forgot to say that I have 5/5 might 5/5 wisdom and 1/5 whatever the skill name for dex is.

I would suggest armor over wisdom.

I use 5/5 str, armor, and damage as my passive.

Other tips I can offer include using a five skill spec (VB is a very powerful skill and combos well with HoR since its heal is based off damage). Additionally, do not max out all your skills (even though you may want to). I only maxed 2 of my five skills and I am very satisfied with the results.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Crow, we both have same build almost

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Fire View Post
    Crow, we both have same build almost
    Compare and contrast.

---

Crowsfoot's spec:

Here is my current spec I'm loving the adaptabillity. It works in any map since I can choose different maps for the best skill combos for the given situation.

Skills:
    5/5 heal
    5/5 vengeful blood
    4/5 windmill, no cripple
    3/5 skyward smash, damage and stun
    3/5 juggernaut, the first two upgrades

Passive:
    5/5 strength
    5/5 armor
    5/5 damage

Here are the scenarios for how I map skills-

Basic map (for easy elites, all bosses, and all regular maps): heal, vengeful blood, windmill, and skyward strike

Pro tanking map (for the mobs in those delightful stun lock levels): heal, vengeful blood, juggernaut, and windmill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

my war build is the same as crows except I don't have max heal. I think mine is 3 or 4/5. I know i don't have the range upgrade because I see it has waste. And for passives I have str, dex, agil 5/5 and dmg 3/5. I dont use armor because I do fine without it and with my passives I deal more damage as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Veluthe View Post
    my war build is the same as crows except I don't have max heal. I think mine is 3 or 4/5. I know i don't have the range upgrade because I see it has waste. And for passives I have str, dex, agil 5/5 and dmg 3/5. I dont use armor because I do fine without it and with my passives I deal more damage as well.
    The tank's job is to survive, taunt, and heal. Maxed HoR does all three. The area upgrade allows mages to stay farther away from me (take on less aggro since the mobs will be subsequently closer to me) and allows me to taunt a wiser area on each cast. The shield and duration upgrades are life savers, literally.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

i use 6skill build.
    same as crows bt only might and dmg passives.
    i use CS 2/5 with only feeble upgrade additional to crows build.

5% armour passive is negligible if u dnt hav 2100+ armour (this mamoth armour can be achieved by using upgraded mythic+abaddon+mythic sword+armour ring and amulet)

with legendery u can achieve max upto 1869. (tarlok will set+prance+ targe+armour ring nd amulet).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

I'll say this about Juggernaught. Its a necessity in PvE tanking. as for the upgrades, I dont like to use a point in Second Wind (50% chance to heal) since I dont like my health dropping below 25% health, otherwise, 3/5 (20% reduc, remove impairments) or 4/5 (no second wind) work perfectly.

I feel Second Wind is a PvP attribute where potting is not an option and that extra life gain is crucial.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hectororius View Post
    I'll say this about Juggernaught. Its a necessity in PvE tanking. as for the upgrades, I dont like to use a point in Second Wind (50% chance to heal) since I dont like my health dropping below 25% health, otherwise, 3/5 (20% reduc, remove impairments) or 4/5 (no second wind) work perfectly.

I feel Second Wind is a PvP attribute where potting is not an option and that extra life gain is crucial.
    Second wind allows me to ignore my ho temporarily and focus on making the most use of my attack combos to regain aggro and heal the party. VB + HoR is a god sent if you can hit all me!bers of the party do to the very high HP return of each tic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    i use 6skill build.
    same as crows bt only might and dmg passives.
    i use CS 2/5 with only feeble upgrade additional to crows build.

5% armour passive is negligible if u dnt hav 2100+ armour (this mamoth armour can be achieved by using upgraded mythic+abaddon+mythic sword+armour ring and amulet)

with legendery u can achieve max upto 1869. (tarlok will set+prance+ targe+armour ring nd amulet).
    I have 2004 armor. I spec around my gear. I find, mathematically, that this skill set makes the most sense for the party I usually run with, or prefer to, which is 2 mages, a rouge, and myself. I lobby my build because I earnestly believe in it as a good build.

I will agree that adaptations to this build would be necessary for those with different gear. I personally don't like CS for elite so I don't use it. I would much rather stay relatively stationary and buff my heal to keep everyone alive than run in circles making sure I apply feeble to every mob possible. I'm lazy. I have seen tanks skillfully use CS and arguably do better mob control (mainly due to higher taunt than me). However, when I am the only warrior in a party I am still able to hold the majority of aggro, therefore I will stick with SS which is much stronger in a boss fight (where everyone seems to have push back) than CS.

I often say, play style is a larger factor than gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

I used Crow's build when I first started getting heavy in to elites, and would revisit it when I would get upgraded gears and see what I could change to make me an overall better tank. It got to the point where all i did was was pure tanking and spec'd accordingly for that time.

that build was:

4/5 SS (no manna)
    4/5 WM (no cripple)
    4/5 Jugg (no self heal, my reasoning above)
    5/5 HoR

Passive were 5/5 DMG/Might/Armor and Rest were in Dex (forgot to change this to INT). This worked pretty amazing as a Pure Tank.

Now at lvl 41 cap and with some interest in part-time PvP, i'm Hybrid Spec'd to add some PvP skills. Its a mess!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hectororius For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Compare and contrast.

Crowsfoot's spec:

Pro tanking map (for the mobs in those delightful stun lock levels): heal, vengeful blood, juggernaut, and windmill
    @Crowsfoot: Nice, I got the same exact build as yours! Just that I dont use 5 skills. I find SS to my disadvantage sometimes. I smash backwards towards barrel when I should be going forward lol. Nevertheless, it is the only AoE for warrior to clear "packed" mobs.

Got a question for you bro, since you put 5/5 in armor passive, was wondering if you knew how much armor you actually gained for 5%? I tried before during respec and dont feel any bit difference to it.
    -rethgifllub-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

at 2k armor you gain 100 armor.

it might not be significant on its own, but lets say you have a glaive, you can proc extra damage from that

Shuyal dogs do didnt care much about that 5% either :\

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Hectororius For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    I have 2004 armor. I spec around my gear. I find, mathematically, that this skill set makes the most sense for the party I usually run with, or prefer to, which is 2 mages, a rouge, and myself. I lobby my build because I earnestly believe in it as a good build.

I will agree that adaptations to this build would be necessary for those with different gear. I personally don't like CS for elite so I don't use it. I would much rather stay relatively stationary and buff my heal to keep everyone alive than run in circles making sure I apply feeble to every mob possible. I'm lazy. I have seen tanks skillfully use CS and arguably do better mob control (mainly due to higher taunt than me). However, when I am the only warrior in a party I am still able to hold the majority of aggro, therefore I will stick with SS which is much stronger in a boss fight (where everyone seems to have push back) than CS.

I often say, play style is a larger factor than gear.
    Wow. I m sure u eat crits from bosses.
    Bt can tell me how mch does elite shuyal bosses crit to u? Ik u hav 6.3k hp+
    I cant jst eat crits lol. Thts y i use cs as i hv like 1800armour and 5.7k hp. No single mythic.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

My current Skill & Passives (Lv.40):

CS - (4/5) (No relentless/knock)
    VB - (5/5)
    Jug - (5/5)
    HoR - (4/5) (No increased ranged)

Dura - (5/5)
    Might - (5/5)
    Knowledge - (5/5)
    Agility - (5/5)
    Crit - (1/5) (will add crit in 41)

Equipment all legendary.
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

and the most important skill for tank is spamming pot )
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    Wow. I m sure u eat crits from bosses.
    Bt can tell me how mch does elite shuyal bosses crit to u? Ik u hav 6.3k hp+
    I cant jst eat crits lol. Thts y i use cs as i hv like 1800armour and 5.7k hp. No single mythic.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
    Im not sure. Boss fights have become extremely easy to where I spend a lot of time cracking jokes when I'm in a strong party (Obviously you have to pay attention when in a PUG). I do know that a crit from overgrow dropped me to 60-65% at lvl36 and inan'hesh dropped me to about 40%.

I use hammerjaw for all boss fights which helps decrease their critical chance as well as debugging their defense heavily.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Newcomx View Post
    and the most important skill for tank is spamming pot )
    Yup. A good spec helps a lot too though. Spamming potions won't make you immortal.