Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Warrior guidance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Crowsfoot's spec:

Here is my current spec I am testing a six skill spec that is working fantastically. I am looking forward to testing it in elite.

Skills:
    5/5 heal
    5/5 vengeful blood
    4/5 windmill, no cripple
    3/5 skyward smash, damage and stun
    3/5 juggernaut, the first two upgrades
    5/5 axe throw

Passive:
    5/5 strength
    5/5 armor
    5/5 damage

Here are the scenarios for how I map skills-

Basic map (for easy elite maps and all regular maps): heal, vengeful blood, windmill, and skyward strike

Pro tanking map (for the mobs in those delightful stun lock levels): heal, vengeful blood, juggernaut, and windmill

Boss fighting map (for all bosses elite or otherwise): heal, vengeful blood, windmill, Axe throw
    Adapted for level 41. Note that I am now using 6 skills instead of 5.
    Last edited by Crowsfoot; 03-18-2014 at 06:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hectororius View Post
    at 2k armor you gain 100 armor.

it might not be significant on its own, but lets say you have a glaive, you can proc extra damage from that

Shuyal dogs do didnt care much about that 5% either :\
    Glaive procs diminishing armor as well, FYI. For shuyal dogs it really comes down to timing and pet usage. Early on in the shuyal season I resorted to using vixen during runs and simply pressing her ability as a last resort (vixen pushes all the mobs away giving you time to heal and max the party's HP again). This slows down a run, but keeps you alive. You should only use vixen's ability when you have multiple armor debuffs on you, or a party member has stolen a lot of the aggro due to you only pot spamming.

When you use jugg on a shuyal run is important do to the long cool down. I found that I would skip it on the first pull in order to have it ready in the second pull. I could then use it half way through the third and at the beggining of the fourth. If I spammed it I could have gotten 6 casts, but not at points where I needed it the most.

Eventually I started running elite shuyal in a party with 4 samaels. Needless to say, that solved a lot of struggles.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flluby2 View Post
    @Crowsfoot: Nice, I got the same exact build as yours! Just that I dont use 5 skills. I find SS to my disadvantage sometimes. I smash backwards towards barrel when I should be going forward lol. Nevertheless, it is the only AoE for warrior to clear "packed" mobs.

Got a question for you bro, since you put 5/5 in armor passive, was wondering if you knew how much armor you actually gained for 5%? I tried before during respec and dont feel any bit difference to it.
    At the level 31 cap (when I was in all legendary) I switched from 5/5 damage to 5/5 armor against the advisement of a "pro." I went from being one hit by frostir to having 2-4% HP after one of his fatal crits. It allows me to do deathless runs and its been a staple in my build ever since.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

My lvl 41 build : same as crow's. but i use jaug 4/5 leaving the last upgrade and 4/5 damage passive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

How are you holding all aggro without 5/5 jugg? You wrote "stun lock levels" and havenīt got jugg stun upgrade, I canīt understand it.
    Its all about playstyle, I known, for those, who is bored with "stand in the middle", I use this:

CS 4/5 (no pushback)
    WM 4/5 (no snare)
    Jugg 5/5
    HoR 5/5
    VB 5/5 - for normal maps and some other situations

5/5 strength
    5/5 armor
    5/5 damage

2 points with no idea, maybe some crit or int?

(Thought about 3 point to Axe Throw, but I canīt stand that delay when I use skill and canīt move for few seconds)

Running around the group of mobs and taunting everything, I put off 6th skill, because I want to have CS and Jugg amazing upgrades, which I couldnīt have at 36 (and Iīm so lazy on something, change skills for each map, ouch )

Just myth armor and helm, all other legendary and epic ring

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

When you use jugg on a shuyal run is important do to the long cool down. I found that I would skip it on the first pull in order to have it ready in the second pull. I could then use it half way through the third and at the beggining of the fourth. If I spammed it I could have gotten 6 casts, but not at points where I needed it the most.

Eventually I started running elite shuyal in a party with 4 samaels. Needless to say, that solved a lot of struggles.
    I always started a clash with Jugg activated so that I would be less likely to get stunned and slowed while setting up the pull. This is the other reason I never had Second Wind in Jugg since i would use it for its preventative measures as opposed to its heal. Most clashes usually last a bit longer than CD time for Jugg, and by the time the mobs were thinned out, HoR was more than enough to maintain the parties HP.

My current build is also 6 skill with CS instead of AT, but i might try AT now for the range vs these new bosses in Enclave. But i'll wait to actually run elites again to see what I need to change before i decide on a final spec
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

At the level 31 cap (when I was in all legendary) I switched from 5/5 damage to 5/5 armor against the advisement of a "pro." I went from being one hit by frostir to having 2-4% HP after one of his fatal crits. It allows me to do deathless runs and its been a staple in my build ever since.
    Thanks that's some useful bits Crowsfoot. I usually spam feeble and run to his back on Frostir. And Lol I might consider armor passive after being one hit by troll boss today. With full mythic gear and armor ring I thought I was invincible and was too lazy to move my bum. Bah, those red spots on grounds apparently not affected by me spamming feeble. and maybe wear a targe for elite... :/
    And tbh, 5% damage on warrior is nothing. Your pet will do much damage than that. And 30+ on heal won't do much good either.
    Good call :-)
    -rethgifllub-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Thanks that's some useful bits Crowsfoot. I usually spam feeble and run to his back on Frostir. And Lol I might consider armor passive after being one hit by troll boss today. With full mythic gear and armor ring I thought I was invincible and was too lazy to move my bum. Bah, those red spots on grounds apparently not affected by me spamming feeble. and maybe wear a targe for elite... :/
    And tbh, 5% damage on warrior is nothing. Your pet will do much damage than that. And 30+ on heal won't do much good either.
    tht tribal abominal does OHKO hit.
    i hav 1863armour+ 5/5durable+jugg = one shot.
    tht skill of boss is either bugged or it does one hit.
    bt it is dodgeble. as u can see boss does a long windup with his hammer (u will see a small tornado forming at the tip of hammer when it is about unlease) u only need to get out of red zone wat so ever. u can also use horn shield.
    also the triangular zone tht ends has 3m AOE. so even if u r out of red zone be sure to move 3m far more from the tip of red zone.

also it is predictable. he always use tht skill after using the skill which is exact of chest spilter skill animation.
    easy boss.

also most bosses are seem soloable by rogue easily. the troll, alargan and rendtail.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

I dont know so much if the Troll one hits, or a combination of getting hit+the rocks dropping at the same time. I get taken out too when i start feeling too brave and just say "Gimme your best shot!". SOMEtimes, they do just that
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hectororius View Post
    I dont know so much if the Troll one hits, or a combination of getting hit+the rocks dropping at the same time. I get taken out too when i start feeling too brave and just say "Gimme your best shot!". SOMEtimes, they do just that
    nope it one hit.
    u can take any hit from him. bt not that skill even if u r in jugg mode and full hp. tht wham the ground so hard tht it takes 3sec to take out and again to use tht hammer lol.

if u jugg mode+full hp , u can take 2-3hits from enraged inan lol. bt not this one.
    i bet.

u can test urself potting every skill of boss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jirikjurasek View Post
    How are you holding all aggro without 5/5 jugg? You wrote "stun lock levels" and havenīt got jugg stun upgrade, I canīt understand it.
    Its all about playstyle, I known, for those, who is bored with "stand in the middle", I use this:

CS 4/5 (no pushback)
    WM 4/5 (no snare)
    Jugg 5/5
    HoR 5/5
    VB 5/5 - for normal maps and some other situations

5/5 strength
    5/5 armor
    5/5 damage

2 points with no idea, maybe some crit or int?

(Thought about 3 point to Axe Throw, but I canīt stand that delay when I use skill and canīt move for few seconds)

Running around the group of mobs and taunting everything, I put off 6th skill, because I want to have CS and Jugg amazing upgrades, which I couldnīt have at 36 (and Iīm so lazy on something, change skills for each map, ouch )

Just myth armor and helm, all other legendary and epic ring
    I can't explain things any other way, therefore this is a bulleted reasoning to only 3 points in jugg:

-damage is a factor for holding aggro. This makes it easier for me, as a glaive user.
    *I also use vb to buff my damage further. This means a VB > WM > HoR combo will maintain a very large amount of aggro assuming you hit every mob with WM (make a small circle if necessary) and HoR to reaffirm the taunt.

-the taunt from jugg is the weakest of any taunt skill I have tested, so I consider it trash.

-I don't want to avoid stun. Stun is a vital hint that you are holding too much aggro (there is such a thing). My rule of thumb is no more than 2 mobs attacking each party member besides me (prefer 3-4 stranglers total). Jugg keeps me alive.
    *if I'm alive I can pop another HoR and give the party time to "thin the heard."
    *a warrior buys time for the party to kill. You don't have to be the perfect tank, you have to keep the party alive. The "I pull all aggro possible" tanks, die in AL unless they sacrifice all DPS and damage for pure armor (enjoy glacially slow runs).
    *My rule is if the party survives I am doing well, if they die I failed. I run deathless party runs, therefore I am successful IMO.

-Survive (period)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Why I hate CS:
    -You have to charge it to feeble some bosses.
    -It screws up my VB > WM > HoR rotation which let's me get 3 WMs off per cast of VB (very high damage, and by extension taunt).

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    nope it one hit.
    u can take any hit from him. bt not that skill even if u r in jugg mode and full hp. tht wham the ground so hard tht it takes 3sec to take out and again to use tht hammer lol.

if u jugg mode+full hp , u can take 2-3hits from enraged inan lol. bt not this one.
    i bet.

u can test urself potting every skill of boss.
    Even I was one hit, by watching I realized he and the second dragon boss (map 3) have a very, very, very short range attack which deals massive damage. Use charged axe to maintain aggro and kite to avoid being KOd. I was able to solo after some practice

PS: soloing took forever, warriors aren't known for high damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And what does the juggernaut do?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Even I was one hit, by watching I realized he and the second dragon boss (map 3) have a very, very, very short range attack which deals massive damage. Use charged axe to maintain aggro and kite to avoid being KOd. I was able to solo after some practice

PS: soloing took forever, warriors aren't known for high damage.
    tribal troll is easy and doesnt do massive dmg instead only his one skill does one hit. bt still predictable and dodgeble.
    takes hardly 10min to kill boss solo (assault mode)

while the 3rd boss alargan does serious dmg in rage mode. rage mode is predictable bt its pull is unpredictable and does massive dmg. its all attack and skill does high dmg so one needs to maneuver alot. bt thanks to horn tht i save only for the pull. its takes 15-20 min solo as one need to be super def mode
    (sword shield+prance+jugg).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lenderking14 View Post
    And what does the juggernaut do?
    its the main tanking skill for harder elite bosses and mobs.

jugg is a self healing skill which heals 300hp (500hp if charged).
    there r 4 upgrades:
    1) it gives 20% dmg reduction (imp)
    2) it taunts consistently for 15secs (most imp)
    3) it gives immunity to stun,freeze,root for 15secs.
    4) second wind upgrade tht has 50% chance to cast self when hp below 25% (imp in pvp only)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

its the main tanking skill for harder elite bosses and mobs.

jugg is a self healing skill which heals 300hp (500hp if charged).
    there r 4 upgrades:
    1) it gives 20% dmg reduction (imp)
    2) it taunts consistently for 15secs (most imp)
    3) it gives immunity to stun,freeze,root for 15secs.
    4) second wind upgrade tht has 50% chance to cast self when hp below 25% (imp in pvp only)
    If you don't have 4, get it. It sounds stupid at only 50%, but its 50% every second you are under 25% HP and it is a fairly high self heal. In some cases I don't eve use potions while jugg is active, you can't die unlss a verylarge number of mobs is attacking (10+ use potions).

The taunt in juggernaut hasn't been effective for me in the past. Does anyone here know its fundamentals? It appears to be several short ranged bursts of taunt which yield the same taunt as spamming basic attack (assuming you have a weapon which can hit more than one target).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

tribal troll is easy and doesnt do massive dmg instead only his one skill does one hit. bt still predictable and dodgeble.
    takes hardly 10min to kill boss solo (assault mode)

while the 3rd boss alargan does serious dmg in rage mode. rage mode is predictable bt its pull is unpredictable and does massive dmg. its all attack and skill does high dmg so one needs to maneuver alot. bt thanks to horn tht i save only for the pull. its takes 15-20 min solo as one need to be super def mode
    (sword shield+prance+jugg).
    Axe keeps aggro, kite them both and you avoid any heavy blows. Horn right before alargan's heavy ranged attack was a good call and I also used that technique when soloing.

Why I don't use jugg in a boss fight: the long cool down. Jugg doesn't help when the attacks I fear are cast every 5-15 secs. -20% damage does keep you alive if you get caught off guard, but if you are constantly being hit by a boss and one hit you are either under practiced at boss fight, or the boss is going to be nerfed. Remember, if warriors are being constantly one hit by a specific boss, all of the other classes are as well.

Jugg is a necessary in a build though. When running a map and there is that one giant pull that kills you instantly, its is a life saver.

Jugg is a tool, not a crutch. Too often warriors rely solely on it. If you can't run oltgar without it, you need practice (sorry).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

If you don't have 4, get it. It sounds stupid at only 50%, but its 50% every second you are under 25% HP and it is a fairly high self heal. In some cases I don't eve use potions while jugg is active, you can't die unlss a verylarge number of mobs is attacking (10+ use potions).

The taunt in juggernaut hasn't been effective for me in the past. Does anyone here know its fundamentals? It appears to be several short ranged bursts of taunt which yield the same taunt as spamming basic attack (assuming you have a weapon which can hit more than one target).
    Interesting that you have Second Wind upgrade instead of taunt Crows. As far as my hands could pot I never let my hp goes below full hp. Often I found myself dead when stunned and frozen, lowered armor, all those Shuyal debuffs going on. I might try this out.

Weak taunt is only good for tombs or mines IMO. Grabs the mobs attention for a few sec before your party behind do the finishing blow. By default with no taunt, the mobs will direct hits towards the Mage. And slightly helpful too if you are skipping some mobs while running in Elite.
    -rethgifllub-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

... but its 50% every second you are under 25% HP....
    Again? Its 50% chance when being hit by creature
    Last edited by Jirikjurasek; 03-21-2014 at 02:35 AM.