Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why does my warrior die like it paper!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Why does my warrior die like it paper!?

Name:  xgak.jpg
Views: 791
Size:  237.6 KB

For skills I have maxed,horn,ww,jugg. Passive:str,and armor (although I see no improvement in my armor).
    And yet I die when I have 5+ mobs on me.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sorry for double img post, couldn't delete the other one

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

Find a better party!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff View Post
    Find a better party!
    I guess my expectations were too high seeing how I come from wow. Tanks in this game are only as good as the partys...sadness back to my Mage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Actually you are not very bad. And your stats look good. Maybe you are doing something wrong with skills like Charging and using HoR and running into a group of mobs like that. Ask a pro warrior about the play style. You can also pm me in game. I m not very pro but I may help you to solve your problem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Fire View Post
    Actually you are not very bad. And your stats look good. Maybe you are doing something wrong with skills like Charging and using HoR and running into a group of mobs like that. Ask a pro warrior about the play style. You can also pm me in game. I m not very pro but I may help you to solve your problem
    So charging hor and running in is bad? I thought the heal + heal over time followed by a ww was a good start? Arg. I guess I need to do more research....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aith View Post
    So charging hor and running in is bad? I thought the heal + heal over time followed by a ww was a good start? Arg. I guess I need to do more research....
    Actually Using HoR and running into is not a good idea. By using HoR u get invincible sheild for 2 sec and heal over time. So u are at full hp and still uses HoR and run into a mob so u can ur healing is 0. The damage is absorbed by the heal over time. After that HoR will be in cool down. So u can't use heal when mobs are hitting you. Instead you can go into a mob fight with them and when your hp is falling, use HoR so you can sheild and heal and do more damage.
    p.s: sorry for my English

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

Is your HoR 5v5?
    You don't want the aggro upgrade until you're 35/36.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Yes. You can take out taunt from HoR and Juggernaut

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Why take out taunts? I want to be a warrior tank 100% I'll rely on party to do dmg

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I know where u come from, tbh arcane legends classes doesn't makes sense to me.. Am also an elite wow player..

For example maxed out war has like 525 dmg and 2k armour ( 31 arcane weapon) with Very op skills

And maxed out mages have 615 dmg and 1.1k armour ( 36 arcane weapon) (-_-)

War should've been like 3k armour and 425 damage max

A mage has so much damage and most skills attract aggro and less armour -_- aoe+low armour never go well with each other!!!

Imo war shouldve been very high armour, less damage

Rogue maxed damage, less armour

And mage normal attack and normal armour -_-

Sorry for going off topic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nagin View Post
    I know where u come from, tbh arcane legends classes doesn't makes sense to me.. Am also an elite wow player..

For example maxed out war has like 525 dmg and 2k armour ( 31 arcane weapon) with Very op skills

And maxed out mages have 615 dmg and 1.1k armour ( 36 arcane weapon) (-_-)

War should've been like 3k armour and 425 damage max

A mage has so much damage and most skills attract aggro and less armour -_- aoe+low armour never go well with each other!!!

Imo war shouldve been very high armour, less damage

Rogue maxed damage, less armour

And mage normal attack and normal armour -_-

Sorry for going off topic
    No this is exactly what I mean, space time studios is trying to re write mmos, a tank is a tank that does little dmg but stands there and takes dmg and holds Argo, a Mage is a "glass cannon" and a rogue is someone who stands behind a target and rips there head off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

So if I understand correctly you only have 3 skills? WM is great for grabbing aggro, but another way to keep mobs from doing damage is stunning them. Skyward Smash does this for you.

When I'm pure tanking my spec is ss/wm/jugg/hor. Save the horn for when u are around 35-50% life or see your party getting low on health Jugg can be used at the start of a clash to avoid being stunned/panicked and removing 20% damage, or if you like to live dangerous then when your HP falls below 25% (I consider this add-on a PvP spec, in pve you have pots, dont be shy with pots).

Also a good tanking weapon like the sword n boards or a blade that procs taunt (beheading blade and at 35/36 architect blade) are great. Mauls that proc stun are also good to use.

Tanking isn't for everyone but done properly and you'll be on everyone's friends list
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aith View Post
    Why take out taunts? I want to be a warrior tank 100% I'll rely on party to do dmg
    Gear is huge in this game, as well as pulls. A pro tank with a strong party will never die, just as a pro tank with top gear will rarely die.

Unless I am running elite shuyal or arena, I find dying difficult.

---

I will say, that if you are going full tank, you shouldn't use a devourer maul. A dimensional targe, or other sword and shield weapon will increase your armor.

Additionally, regarding skills, passive upgrades don't show up on your skills screen (unless they are increases to base stats) you must self calculate your true stats. Furthermore, I notices you only use 3 skills. I strongly suggest you add SS (a dash skill that does area damage and stuns) or CS (a short cool down skill that hits up to 3 targets, taunts, and applies feeble as well as disturbs a target's wind up phase).

---

If you have further questions you may friend request me in game. It is rare to find players who understand the proper role of a warrior in PvE in this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Gear is huge in this game, as well as pulls. A pro tank with a strong party will never die, just as a pro tank with top gear will rarely die.

Unless I am running elite shuyal or arena, I find dying difficult.

---

I will say, that if you are going full tank, you shouldn't use a devourer maul. A dimensional targe, or other sword and shield weapon will increase your armor.

Additionally, regarding skills, passive upgrades don't show up on your skills screen (unless they are increases to base stats) you must self calculate your true stats. Furthermore, I notices you only use 3 skills. I strongly suggest you add SS (a dash skill that does area damage and stuns) or CS (a short cool down skill that hits up to 3 targets, taunts, and applies feeble as well as disturbs a target's wind up phase).

---

If you have further questions you may friend request me in game. It is rare to find players who understand the proper role of a warrior in PvE in this game.
    I agree I need ss for the stun, thanks for the tips. All of my gaming life iv been a tank. 8 years of wow. And another 10 in the diablo series. I'll sry the new spec and see if I become more "tank like" in this game like I was in others. Thanks again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Spam Hp and mana pots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default Why does my warrior die like it paper!?

@Aith: Good to see you are tank-minded when playing warrior class. I enjoy playing the tank class and grabs aggro. One thing that I noticed, if you are using touchscreen, let go of the D-pad when potting. The system sometimes don't read my pot and movement pad at the same time.
    Alternate jugg and horn. With constant potting, you will never die, well unless ur ping is bad...
    Passive armor is rather useless at lower level. And at end level, I don't find it much helpful either. Better to put that in passive might/int/dex.

And check that the party u r in is not too high above yours. The mobs level will scale up according to those in your party. No point to tank for a lv35 party when u r lv25. Hope that helps :-)
    Last edited by flluby2; 03-10-2014 at 04:11 AM.
    -rethgifllub-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by flluby2 View Post
    @Aith: Good to see you are tank-minded when playing warrior class. I enjoy playing the tank class and grabs aggro. One thing that I noticed, if you are using touchscreen, let go of the D-pad when potting. The system sometimes don't read my pot and movement pad at the same time.
    Alternate jugg and horn. With constant potting, you will never die, well unless ur ping is bad...
    Passive armor is rather useless at lower level. And at end level, I don't find it much helpful either. Better to put that in passive might/int/dex.

And check that the party u r in is not too high above yours. The mobs level will scale up according to those in your party. No point to tank for a lv35 party when u r lv25. Hope that helps :-)

Thanks for the tips.

One thing I noticed, everyone keeps saying SS is a "stun" but if you read the stun part of that skill, it only has 25% to trigger the stun, so I wounded is 25% better than nothing and I should still get it or is there a better tanking skill?
    I read on throw axe, it has a pull + silence or stopping a channel skill. Not sure if the pull and silence works on bosses that would seem OP on boss fights, sorry I keep doing spin offs of main topic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks flluby2, iv always had a mind set on playing tank or healer, which would be a cool new class AL could introduce a healer + aura or buff /debuff. So anyways back on topic.

A lot of you guys/gals keeping saying get ss it's a stun and does nice dmg, but when I read ss and the point you put in for the "stun" it reads that it's only 25% to trigger that stun.....I. Guess a chance of this trigger is better then no 4th skill at all.

I was reading on axe throw u can put sub points into a pull a tweet and chance to stuff , do these work on bosses!?

Chest splitter also stops targets "windups" which I understand to be a channel skill, does this also work on bosses?

Sorry for the spin off on main topic, thank you all for the tips they really help.
    Last edited by Aith; 03-10-2014 at 11:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

It's my pleasure Aith. Personally I don't use axe throw much, only tried it during respec so I can't say much about this. But it seems to be the standard skill for PvP. It hits only one and does feeble.

For PvE, definitely take Chest Splitter, I never knew I could have so much fun with it. It hits a max of 3 mobs in an arc and gets the enemies attention (!).
    It does cancel some boss windups, like the spider boss, mother and antee. Some boss (I'ld say most bosses) the windup just didn't work. You have to move away from the red zone. The hauntlet last boss will still spit poison even with CS. The major plus of this skill is it does feeble, up to 3 enemies! In elite map if you target those archers and mages, you will ensure that they don't critical you and your party.

For Skyward Smash: practice your distance and charge smash it, it does stun rather often for me and hit wide if you really do charge smash from a distance. But for elite map, you won't have the chance to do much stun smashing... Windmill would be a better choice... Unless you could group the mobs neatly around you. Which I was still hoping to do :/
    But if you do take smash, it's all about that stun skill upgrade.
    -rethgifllub-