Thread: Endgame Rogue Guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Default Endgame Rogue Guide

Hey guys, I've noticed that I've become increasingly good for an endgame rogue with no mythics, so what should I do now? Start an Assistance for Rogues that need help. So first off, this is obviously free and mainly I'm targeting rogues that have mythic but are struggling or rogues that dont have mythics and are being targeted by others. I will be dividing this guide into 3 parts:
    -Mage

-Warrior

-Rogue

I will be explaining how to kill all three classes, providing tips, and listing good pets for each class.

Build:

L41

Shadow Piercer: 2/5
    Shadow Absorption

Nox Bolt: 4/5
    All but Strengthened shot

Aimed Shot: 5/5

Medic Packs: 5/5

Knowledge: 5/5

Might: 5/5

Agility: 5/5

Damage: 5/5

Critical Shot: 4/5

L36

Shadow Piercer: 2/5
    Shadow Absorption

Damage: 4/5

1.)Mage:
    These little blue fellas are actually not so good without curse, in fact, you won't be killed by the average Nott if they don't have curse. If they don't have curse, you'll want to do your attacks like this:
    (Assuming they start with charged shield) Charged auto (for stun) after their fireball, charged packs immediately, charge auto again, release>aimed shot>nox bolt> shadow piercer, be careful when you shadow pierce and make sure your packs are always near you.
    (Assuming they start with fireball) Charged auto (for stun) if you recover before they do, spam aimed shot, nox, shadow, and auto, this will assure their death, if they recover first, do everything as if they started with shield, but do not hit for first 2 seconds after they do charged shield.

Curse Mages
    Are not so hard if you know how to kill them. It's simple, do everything as if they weren't using curse, then when they use curse, wait it out, Serillia said that you could aimed shot while curse is active but I like playing it safe and spamming skills after.

Pets:
    Malison
    Ribbit
    Crawly
    Little Bear
    Dovabear
    Samael
    (Pets I would prefer)

2.)Warrior:
    These giant monsters may look very intimidating but once I help you out, most of them will be pieces of cake (with exceptions of some tanks).
    First you will want to charged auto then aimed shot, nox bolt, shadow pierce, once you hit 70% HP, throw down charged packs. Once you hit 70% mana, use valkin's arcane ability for mana, repeat these steps and when they do HoR, wait when shield is over then spam the steps, this will usually assure their death.

(Assuming they have Jugg) These giants stacked with jugg will be unstoppable, it is very very very very unlikely you will kill them if you have legendary gear, but there is still a percentage because I've killed them before. First you will want to do everything the same as the first steps, but when they do jugg, I usually like to wait it out and when you have low health and no packs, charge shadow piercer.

The only chance to kill warrior in 1v1 is to kill him before his 2nd-3rd horn. If you don't do it, you will just run out of mana (if you don't spam mana pets). Maybe arcane ability of some pets, described above, can give you something for packs and a couple of aimed, but you won't be able to kill anymore. Mana pets only delay your death. It is possible to kill warriors, rogues can simply deal 6k damage in 8 seconds (a period between horn heal-over-time stop and next horn cooldown), so it depends only on your luck with crits.

Also beware of stuns, Skyward Smash and Axe Throw are the most common warrior PvP skills and both have 25% chance to stun. Stun can simply break your pack control which can result in defeat. Rogues can stun too, but unfortunately, only Samael can provide both mana regen and stun, so, if you are low on gold, you should choose between stun and mana...

Tips:
    VB looks like a ring pulsing outwards from the warrior
    Jugg looks like a ring going inward

Pets:
    Valkin
    Jack
    Samael
    Reason for this is because you will definitely need mana.

3.)Rogues

Rogues are the easiest of the three because rogue battles revolve around crit (mostly). Start with charged packs then charged aim and nox. If you're a risky person like me, you can add in a shadow piercer after nox (but it's very likely that you will lose).

Tips:
    Try going forward then running back so it might fool em into letting go of their charged auto/aim

Pets:
    Gyrm
    Malison
    Crawly
    Dovabear
    Little Bear
    Samael

So these are my ways of killing rogues, warriors, mages, but a lot of this depends on the skill of the person you're facing. Like for example, if I fight Alhuntrazeck, the noob, he obviously doesn't have the same skill as Atrid, so then he would obviously die whilst Atrid would not because of the skill difference. I use these techniques and actually manage to kill full mythic people, with:
    L36 Devourer Bow of Potency
    L35 Tarlok's Helm of Potency
    L35 Tarlok's Raiment of Potency
    L36 Night Ocean Ripple of Warfare
    L36 Tarlok's Heart of Potency

If you have mythic, these classes will not be a problem to you. The gear is courtesy of Goodsyntax (Kalizzaa, nice person) and (s)he also helped me out with elites so if you need elite help, (s)he's the one. I have gotten 9000 kills and 6000 deaths from this guide, I think, with that kdr and my gear, my guide is already successful. If you guys have anything to add to my guide, please do so because I may be wrong about some things, thanks!

L41 Gear:
    L41 Expedition Recurve of Potency (or Brutality if you need health)
    L41 Ancient Druid Helm of Potency

L41 Ancient Druid Doublet of Potency

L41 Onyx Loop of Potency

L41 Sacred Elondrian Pendant of Security

Please keep in mind that these items are for people that aren't financially blessed in game.

Edit: Here are some nice looking vanities to cover up your gear (IMHO):
    Gilded Set
    Golden Ranger Set
    Red Founder Hat + Tribal Vanity Armor
    Golden Ranger Hat + Blighted Armor of the Watch
    Red Founder Hat + Conquistador's Doublet of Snow
    Last edited by Xenobiotic; 07-07-2014 at 11:14 AM.
    AL-Freelancer

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Xenobiotic For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Nice guide
    But, I use a different method for warriors which drains less mana, also for curse mages I hit them normally but with the exception of nox.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Yea, I wouldn't use Nox while Curse is active. That's usually what destroys rogues against mages.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xenobiotic View Post
    Hey guys, I've noticed that I've became increasingly good for an endgame rogue with no mythics, so what should I do now? Start an Assistance for Rogues that need help. So first off, this is obviously free and mainly I'm targeting rogues that have mythic but are struggling or rogues that dont have mythics and are being targeted by others. I will be dividing this guide into 3 parts:
    -Mage

-Warrior

-Rogue

I will be explaining how to kill all three classes, providing tips, and listing good pets for each class.

Build:
    Shadow Piercer 2/5
    Shadow Absorption

1.)Mage:
    These little blue fellas are actually not so good without curse, in fact, you won't be killed by the average Nott if they don't have curse. If they don't have curse, you'll want to do your attacks like this:
    (Assuming they start with charged shield) Charged auto (for stun) after their fireball, charged packs immediately, charge auto again, release>aimed shot>nox bolt> shadow piercer, be careful when you shadow pierce and make sure your packs are always near you.
    (Assuming they start with fireball) Charged auto (for stun) if you recover before they do, spam aimed shot, nox, shadow, and auto, this will assure their death, if they recover first, do everything as if they started with shield, but do not hit for first 2 seconds after they do charged shield.

Curse Mages
    Are not so hard if you know how to kill them. It's simple, do everything as if they weren't using curse, then when they use curse, wait it out, Serillia said that you could aimed shot while curse is active but I like playing it safe and spamming skills after.

Pets:
    Malison
    Ribbit
    Crawly
    Samael
    (Pets I would prefer)

2.)Warrior:
    These giant monsters may look very intimidating but once I help you out, most of them will be pieces of cake (with exceptions of some tanks).
    First you will want to charged auto then aimed shot, nox bolt, shadow pierce, once you hit 70% HP, throw down charged packs. Once you hit 70% mana, use valkin's arcane ability for mana, repeat these steps and when they do HoR, wait when shield is over then spam the steps, this will usually assure their death.

(Assuming they have Jugg) These giants stacked with jugg will be unstoppable, it is very very very very unlikely you will kill them if you have legendary gear, but there is still a percentage because I've killed them before. First you will want to do everything the same as the first steps, but when they do jugg, I usually like to wait it out and then spam my attacks.

Tips:

Pets:
    Valkin
    Nexus
    Konga
    Samael
    Reason for this is because you will definitely need mana

3.)Rogues
    These vicious ladies are the hardest of all in my opinion. When you're fighting a mythic rogue, it is extremely extremely hard to kill these rogues because they have 1-hit KO crits. Still, I have beaten some so it is still possible. You will want to charge auto so it stuns them and then spam your skills EXCEPT shadow pierce because thats makes you vulnerable if they recover. Place packs at the start of the duel.

Tips:Try going forward then running back so it might fool em into letting go of their charged auto/aim

Pets:
    Ribbit (almost assures you a win if everything goes smooth)
    Malison
    Crawly
    Samael

So these are my ways of killing rogues, warriors, mages, but a lot of this depends on the skill of the person you're facing. Like for example, if I fight Alhuntrazeck, the noob, he obviously doesn't have the same skill as Atrid, so then he would obviously die whilst Atrid would not because of the skill difference. I use these techniques and actually manage to kill full mythic people, with:

If you have mythic, these classes will not be a problem to you. The gear is courtesy of Goodsyntax (Kalizzaa, nice person) and (s)he also helped me out with elites so if you need elite help, (s)he's the one. I have gotten 1,200 kills and 900 deaths from this guide, I think, with that kdr and my gear, my guide is already successful. If you guys have anything to add to my guide, please do so because I may be wrong about some things, thanks!

Edit: Forgot about this, ROGUES, you guys will want to wear vanities so you don't look like a noob with tarlok because I can assure you, you will be ganged if you wear no vanities. Try wearing Red Founder's Hat and Tribal Armor, it looks nice and professional and most people will not think you're using tarlok, but mythics like them.
    Good guide, but about the bolded part: I obviously do not have the same amount of skill as Atrid in 1v1s because he outgears me (and therefore you) - He has a mythic staff and mythic ring more than my mythics.
    Besides, I have killed you most of the time I fight you...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

Hey guys, I've noticed that I've became increasingly good for an endgame rogue with no mythics, so what should I do now? Start an Assistance for Rogues that need help. So first off, this is obviously free and mainly I'm targeting rogues that have mythic but are struggling or rogues that dont have mythics and are being targeted by others. I will be dividing this guide into 3 parts:
    -Mage

-Warrior

-Rogue

Build:
    Shadow Piercer 2/5
    Shadow Absorption

1.)Mage:

Curse Mages

Pets:
    Malison
    Ribbit
    Crawly
    Samael
    (Pets I would prefer)

2.)Warrior:

(Assuming they have Jugg) These giants stacked with jugg will be unstoppable, it is very very very very unlikely you will kill them if you have legendary gear, but there is still a percentage because I've killed them before. First you will want to do everything the same as the first steps, but when they do jugg, I usually like to wait it out and then spam my attacks.

Tips:

Pets:
    Valkin
    Nexus
    Konga
    Samael
    Reason for this is because you will definitely need mana

3.)Rogues
    These vicious ladies are the hardest of all in my opinion. When you're fighting a mythic rogue, it is extremely extremely hard to kill these rogues because they have 1-hit KO crits. Still, I have beaten some so it is still possible. You will want to charge auto so it stuns them and then spam your skills EXCEPT shadow pierce because thats makes you vulnerable if they recover. Place packs at the start of the duel.

Tips:Try going forward then running back so it might fool em into letting go of their charged auto/aim

Pets:
    Ribbit (almost assures you a win if everything goes smooth)
    Malison
    Crawly
    Samael

If you have mythic, these classes will not be a problem to you. The gear is courtesy of Goodsyntax (Kalizzaa, nice person) and (s)he also helped me out with elites so if you need elite help, (s)he's the one. I have gotten 1,200 kills and 900 deaths from this guide, I think, with that kdr and my gear, my guide is already successful. If you guys have anything to add to my guide, please do so because I may be wrong about some things, thanks!

Edit: Forgot about this, ROGUES, you guys will want to wear vanities so you don't look like a noob with tarlok because I can assure you, you will be ganged if you wear no vanities. Try wearing Red Founder's Hat and Tribal Armor, it looks nice and professional and most people will not think you're using tarlok, but mythics like them.
    Thanks for the guide You're awesome

Sent from my iPhone 3000
    using Tapatalk,Ign is Tendirin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    Good guide, but about the bolded part: I obviously do not have the same amount of skill as Atrid in 1v1s because he outgears me (and therefore you) - He has a mythic staff and mythic ring more than my mythics.
    Besides, I have killed you most of the time I fight you...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendirin View Post
    Thanks for the guide You're awesome

Sent from my iPhone 3000
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
    Yea, I wouldn't use Nox while Curse is active. That's usually what destroys rogues against mages.

I don't attack when curse is active, at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    AL-Freelancer

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Yet you give them what, 8 seconds to get in two fireballs and almost 3 lightnings while you just sit there? That's not the best thing to do .-.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

my power is increasing o.0

Sent from my iPhone 3000

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
    Yet you give them what, 8 seconds to get in two fireballs and almost 3 lightnings while you just sit there? That's not the best thing to do .-.

Look, I'm not a professional or anything but I've found out that this is the easiest way in beating mages imo, if you know how to use your packs, you'll win.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    AL-Freelancer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

The only chance to kill warrior in 1v1 is to kill him before his 2nd-3rd horn. If you don't do it, you will just run out of mana (if you don't spam mana pets). Maybe arcane ability of some pets, described above, can give you something for packs and a couple of aimed, but you won't be able to kill anymore. Mana pets only delay your death. It is possible to kill warriors, rogues can simply deal 6k damage in 8 seconds (a period between horn heal-over-time stop and next horn cooldown), so it depends only on your luck with crits.

Also beware of stuns, Skyward Smash and Axe Throw are the most common warrior PvP skills and both have 25% chance to stun. Stun can simply break your pack control which can result in defeat. Rogues can stun too, but unfortunately, only Samael can provide both mana regen and stun, so, if you are low on gold, you should choose between stun and mana...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoloToha View Post

Yea, I'm gonna copy and paste this onto my guide alright?
    AL-Freelancer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Yea, I'm gonna copy and paste this onto my guide alright?
    Ahahaha, of course :-) Btw, I play with warrior, so this is warrior's perspective. I challenged with lots of rogues, both amateur and pro, so these tips are approved by my real experience in 1v1.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MoloToha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

you should update this guide for lvl 41

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Xeno update this please, i got many doubts n question about rogues /

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Xeno update this please, i got many doubts n question about rogues /
    Updated the build and gear, that's about it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AL-Freelancer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

hey xeno! thnak u very much for this! i have 3 endgame characs (mage,tank,rogue) and i didnt know about rogues hehe and i feel rly good with my rogue! and i can do a lil of pvp too! haha thank u very much!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good guide , but i still confuse . What point should i choose ? I mean str or dex or int ?

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Dex