Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: !must read!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default !must read!

Hey guys lately I have been thinking heaps about how merching in pocket legends has become such a huge thing.

2 years ago there would have been 1-2 merchants in each balefort now there are easily 10-20 this makes merching a lot harder as if one person offers a price the next guy along will offer 3k more and then next guy 3k more and just carries on. So I have decided to come up with a new concept.

I have come up with a "loaning system" this will work by me "loaning money" I set a loaning price on a item through private chat and we both agree on the terms and conditions I then ask does the "player" agree to the stipulated price and time to pay back the loan I then screen shot this message proving any accusations of me "scamming" as the player agreed to this.

IF THE LOAN IS NOT PAYED BACK BY THE TIME SET I then sell the item for my desired price. I will also keep a written record of the player loaning the time of loan the item loaned and when it is due to be payed.

I am not doing this to scam I am thinking of new ways to play pocket legends and to help others and myself out I think this is a good new way.

let me know what u all think

Powerleval, domimation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Than might as well make a new section in the forums for loaning scams.

pl: zapder, krazyzap, azapder, ninjaxzap, zapsgotpotent, penguinfillet
    AL:goal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zapder View Post
    Than might as well make a new section in the forums for loaning scams.
    I'm not scamming tho if the player agrees to a amount of cash so I loan money I hold item if they don't pay back then they don't get item back I'll screen shot as proof that they agree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Everyone doesn't play this game as much as you probably.

They could just get a loan and quit especially if they are new.
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I won't loan every single item but id say from lv50+ like shadow items and stuff like that just to help people through

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Loaning mechanics will just lead to more scamming... nothing really more on this except that you are putting a lot of trust that any person who withdraws a loan will pay it all back on time.

Question for thought: Once the loaning period is over, and the debt due, what do you propose to happen to the person who hasn't returned the item loaned?

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well yeah if they don't repay it I sell it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

It's a novel idea and perhaps a good one in an ideal world but realistically PL isn't an ideal world. You cannot call in a team of lawyers to check out who agreed to what and when. I personally think you'll leave yourself open to abuse and even if it is acceptable under TOS (which I very much doubt) it seems that the devs will be the ones having to smooth things over if they go wrong. I think they have enough to do at the moment without this and I'm sure you really don't want the hassle of repayment avoiding and debt collection. But it's just my opinion.

Trulyhappy Officer of TCG
    It's not always rainbows and butterflies
    It's compromise that moves us along.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xpowerlevalx:1524038
    Well yeah if they don't repay it I sell it
    How would you sell it if you don't have it? If you loan people the items, you won't have the items on you to sell them.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by The Happiness View Post
    It's a novel idea and perhaps a good one in an ideal world but realistically PL isn't an ideal world. You cannot call in a team of lawyers to check out who agreed to what and when. I personally think you'll leave yourself open to abuse and even if it is acceptable under TOS (which I very much doubt) it seems that the devs will be the ones having to smooth things over if they go wrong. I think they have enough to do at the moment without this and I'm sure you really don't want the hassle of repayment avoiding and debt collection. But it's just my opinion.
    U are very right idk just popped in my head so I decided to put on forums and see what people think about it but if people agree to this they should also stick to it if it is a agreement then that is what happens no ifs buts maybes that's was was dealed unless people sook or try say was a scam all coz they couldn't follow through on their end of the deal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    How would you sell it if you don't have it? If you loan people the items, you won't have the items on you to sell them.
    Re read the topic I loan "cash" for their items I then hold their items for a period of time untill they pay back and then give item back if they don't repay loan by set time I sell the item they loaned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Happiness View Post
    This is exactly what I thought. Xpower, you doing this will just cause more scamming around PL, maybe some you could trust but not all are trustworthy. Also, people could be banned without you knowing and you'll also assume that as scam which will be a huge misunderstanding. Just my 2 cents.
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xpowerlevalx View Post
    I have come up with a "loaning system" this will work by me "loaning money" I set a loaning price on a item through private chat and we both agree on the terms and conditions I then ask does the "player" agree to the stipulated price and time to pay back the loan I then screen shot this message proving any accusations of me "scamming" as the player agreed to this.
    Pay attention to this part guys.

What he's suggesting is a temporary "sell." For exmaple, I give him my void armor, and he gives me an agreed price. (Probably about 100k since that's the value of the item.) Then I can use the 100k for a period of time until I'm supposed to return the money, at which point I give him the money back and he gives me the void armor. If I can't return the money, he keeps the void armor. No "scamming" can occur.

What I think (If I'm not mistaken) he's trying to do is not scam people out of their money, but simply raise his business. If he's the one performing all of these loans, I imagine he'll get a lot of business aside from loans as well. Also, I imagine he will settle a price 10-15k cheaper than the price of the item. That way, if they don't return the money (and someone borrowing gold for any reason likely won't get it back in time) he makes a little profit.

Personally, I don't think it's such a terrible idea. I wouldn't do it, though, simply because I'm not a fan of loans even in real life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    Pay attention to this part guys.

What he's suggesting is a temporary "sell." For exmaple, I give him my void armor, and he gives me an agreed price. (Probably about 100k since that's the value of the item.) Then I can use the 100k for a period of time until I'm supposed to return the money, at which point I give him the money back and he gives me the void armor. If I can't return the money, he keeps the void armor. No "scamming" can occur.

What I think (If I'm not mistaken) he's trying to do is not scam people out of their money, but simply raise his business. If he's the one performing all of these loans, I imagine he'll get a lot of business aside from loans as well. Also, I imagine he will settle a price 10-15k cheaper than the price of the item. That way, if they don't return the money (and someone borrowing gold for any reason likely won't get it back in time) he makes a little profit.

Personally, I don't think it's such a terrible idea. I wouldn't do it, though, simply because I'm not a fan of loans even in real life.
    U got it exactly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

I like it.

For those who didn't understand him.

He determines what a item is worth. I.e

I have a swift armor. I need quick gold to buy a fiery set. I talk to him, he determines the worth of swift armor is 3.1m, I give him armor, he gives me gold. I have to pay him back 3.1m for my armor back. If I dont he can sell the armor.

Its almost fool proof. Expect YOUR the one deciding the items worth. You can also scam us. Not that im saying there's no credibility behind you, but it seems like you can merch off of us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by largecommand View Post
    I like it.

For those who didn't understand him.

He determines what a item is worth. I.e

I have a swift armor. I need quick gold to buy a fiery set. I talk to him, he determines the worth of swift armor is 3.1m, I give him armor, he gives me gold. I have to pay him back 3.1m for my armor back. If I dont he can sell the armor.

Its almost fool proof. Expect YOUR the one deciding the items worth. You can also scam us. Not that im saying there's no credibility behind you, but it seems like you can merch off of us.
    Well yes and no by me scamming but Iv got to allow for cs to go up and down plus the standard price so if I offer fairly fair price I don't see what's wrong with this and I can see it working well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    438 Posts

I owe enough in RL . I don't need or want to worry about my savage set getting repoed

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Oldcoot View Post
    I owe enough in RL . I don't need or want to worry about my savage set getting repoed
    Lol

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

I failed to see the 'must read' part of this thread.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dudetus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xpowerlevalx View Post
    Hey guys lately I have been thinking heaps about how merching in pocket legends has become such a huge thing.

2 years ago there would have been 1-2 merchants in each balefort now there are easily 10-20 this makes merching a lot harder as if one person offers a price the next guy along will offer 3k more and then next guy 3k more and just carries on. So I have decided to come up with a new concept.

IF THE LOAN IS NOT PAYED BACK BY THE TIME SET I then sell the item for my desired price. I will also keep a written record of the player loaning the time of loan the item loaned and when it is due to be payed.

I am not doing this to scam I am thinking of new ways to play pocket legends and to help others and myself out I think this is a good new way.

let me know what u all think

Powerleval, domimation
    So let me get this straight.
    You are going to loan us money, and in a given time slot, we have to give you the same amount of money?
    I think items also.
    EXAMPLE- You loan me 80k. I buy something in CS or on the street that costs 80k.
    But what now?
    We cannot get you the loan back in a day. It takes me a month to farm 40k at least (noob farmer :P) I don't really want to say go for it...
    Still, be careful. It's like that oatmeal cookie I had last week. I ended up eating 13 that day, so don't go overboard like I did (I didn't actually do that, but one can see my point)...
    Last edited by snowfu; 03-16-2014 at 08:42 AM.