Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: !must read!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by snowfu View Post
    So let me get this straight.
    You are going to loan us money, and in a given time slot, we have to give you the same amount of money?
    I think items also.
    EXAMPLE- You loan me 80k. I buy something in CS or on the street that costs 80k.
    But what now?
    We cannot get you the loan back in a day. It takes me a month to farm 40k at least (noob farmer :P) I don't really want to say go for it...
    I loan cash for a item lest say 150k cs price I'll judge cs price standard price merch prices and also inflation and deflation then give u a "reasonable price" then let's say I give 1-2weeks maybe I loan u 120k for a 150k cs item and say u have 1-2 weeks if u didn't pay back within this time I then sell ur item for what ever price I want make sense?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Good ingenuity (or you watch too much "pawn stars"), but it won't be sanctioned.
    Your terms and agreement do not fit in a trade window, therefore are null.
    I would assume that after the first transaction stg would consider that a sale of items for money, and they would not waste time to sort out any other disagreements afterwords.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    Good ingenuity (or you watch too much "pawn stars"), but it won't be sanctioned.
    Your terms and agreement do not fit in a trade window, therefore are null.
    I would assume that after the first transaction stg would consider that a sale of items for money, and they would not waste time to sort out any other disagreements afterwords.
    Yeah the only problem will be people trying to change deal after it's made or missing payment and trying to get a item that's gone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts

Or, in the trade box there could be a loan button where you decide how long you want to loan them an item, and they decide on a price to pay. So say you want to loan a savage set out for 3 hours and you want them to pay 100k, after the trade is completed there is a timer counting down, after the 3 hours is up the savage set is returned to the owner and the 100k is still with the owner of the savage set. I pretty much based this off the loan system in the game Runescape.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I've tried to set up a banking service run out of my guild, but there are several glaring issues that lead me to abandon the project.
    1. There's no way to advertise it.
    2. A not insignificant number of players don't seem to understand the concept of a loan or interest.
    3. There's no way to use collateral to secure the loan, since anyone who has an item valuable enough to use for collateral could just sell it and get the money they need.
    4. There's not enough trust on either end to have a stable banking system.
    5. If a player wants a loan to fund the purchase of a high level item, they stand a good chance of obtaining one as they grind the cash needed to repay the loan.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Battlegrinder For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

This is a terrible idea (don't wanna hate but...) so many scammers could easily scam, just make a random account, scam big bucks, transfer money to main, there you go, loads of scammers around-scammer city.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Promagin View Post
    Or, in the trade box there could be a loan button where you decide how long you want to loan them an item, and they decide on a price to pay. So say you want to loan a savage set out for 3 hours and you want them to pay 100k, after the trade is completed there is a timer counting down, after the 3 hours is up the savage set is returned to the owner and the 100k is still with the owner of the savage set. I pretty much based this off the loan system in the game Runescape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlegrinder View Post
    I've tried to set up a banking service run out of my guild, but there are several glaring issues that lead me to abandon the project.
    1. There's no way to advertise it.
    2. A not insignificant number of players don't seem to understand the concept of a loan or interest.
    3. There's no way to use collateral to secure the loan, since anyone who has an item valuable enough to use for collateral could just sell it and get the money they need.
    4. There's not enough trust on either end to have a stable banking system.
    5. If a player wants a loan to fund the purchase of a high level item, they stand a good chance of obtaining one as they grind the cash needed to repay the loan.
    Yes and no if there is a screen shot made of the agreement then that's what they agreed and I'm not playing pl to scam coz I don't see the point in it my goal is to become well known for loans and have a rep that can be trusted the biggest problem will be people trying to say that that had another day or they want extensions ONCE the deal is made for a set time and PRICE THAT IS IT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

What do you do the first time someone says to you - someone pawned my set to you without my permission.
    I wouldn't expect support to go back through days of chat between two other toons.

Another problem real pawn shops have, that they are a great place to sell stollen goods.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

i dunno..i say no to this suggestion. sorry..

I keep feeling that this scenario may happen:

A: loan me 100k
    B: ok but give me an item worth 100k, so if u don't pay back, i can sell this and get my 100k back

-This is where the outcome may branch in 2 directions-

Scenario 1:
    B: Where's my 100k?
    A: don't have it..
    B: ok then i will sell your item
    A: *to everyone* Player B is a scammer! he took my item, Report him!!!

Scenario 2:
    By the time player A leaves and never returns the money, Player B tries to sell the item, the price of the item already went down..

You can set up a loan system if you want to, but only loan to people you can trust. and not just any player in game thats asking you for a loan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

What do you do the first time someone says to you - someone pawned my set to you without my permission.
    I wouldn't expect support to go back through days of chat between two other toons.

Another problem real pawn shops have, that they are a great place to sell stollen goods.
    A) why would they have someone's acc details= ban?

B) if they pawn someone else's set why would the other person lend the set in the first place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    i dunno..i say no to this suggestion. sorry..

I keep feeling that this scenario may happen:

A: loan me 100k
    B: ok but give me an item worth 100k, so if u don't pay back, i can sell this and get my 100k back

-This is where the outcome may branch in 2 directions-

Scenario 1:
    B: Where's my 100k?
    A: don't have it..
    B: ok then i will sell your item
    A: *to everyone* Player B is a scammer! he took my item, Report him!!!

Scenario 2:
    By the time player A leaves and never returns the money, Player B tries to sell the item, the price of the item already went down..

You can set up a loan system if you want to, but only loan to people you can trust. and not just any player in game thats asking you for a loan.
    Yeah I do see ur point "immature players" having sook coz they can't follow the agreement that they agreed to -./

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xpowerlevalx View Post
    A) why would they have someone's acc details= ban?

B) if they pawn someone else's set why would the other person lend the set in the first place.
    A: your right it shouldn't happen but does. I brought that up because I've seen numerous "I've been banned" threads where ppl say stuff like- I didn't give him my info I had acc saved to phone and he took my phone w/o permission.

B: people lend sets ( I don't anymore). It's not smart but happens a lot.
    When someone pawns you a set they don't own and disappears, now you have a bad rep because someone shady used your service.

Either way, you personally can't sort out all the stupid things ppl will do, and you shouldn't expect support to do that extra work so you can make some money. I think it still boils down to this; your contract does not fit in the trade window and therefore can't be upheld by stg.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

A: your right it shouldn't happen but does. I brought that up because I've seen numerous "I've been banned" threads where ppl say stuff like- I didn't give him my info I had acc saved to phone and he took my phone w/o permission.

When someone pawns you a set they don't own and disappears, now you have a bad rep because someone shady used your service.

Either way, you personally can't sort out all the stupid things ppl will do, and you shouldn't expect support to do that extra work so you can make some money. I think it still boils down to this; your contract does not fit in the trade window and therefore can't be upheld by stg.
    But if I write do u "player" accept the loan price of "amount" for such "period of time" and then write another message

If this is not payed in time the item will be sold do u "player" agree? And screen shot all that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

um..am i the only person that feels STS should remove that check box that says "remember password"?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

@ op- I'm not trying crap on your idea but I think a lot of us have brought up different possible problems. You may personally think these things will be avoided easily but some people will look for and try anything to get ahead. When this happens, not if, when there is a problem (real, imagined, and or intentionally created) it will be on supports shoulders.
    Why should they have to arbitrate your business?

One of the richest to have played this game got there in part by lying to and exploiting support.
    I applaud your ingenuity, but think something could go bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

@ op- I'm not trying crap on your idea but I think a lot of us have brought up different possible problems. You may personally think these things will be avoided easily but some people will look for and try anything to get ahead. When this happens, not if, when there is a problem (real, imagined, and or intentionally created) it will be on supports shoulders.
    Why should they have to arbitrate your business?

One of the richest to have played this game got there in part by lying to and exploiting support.
    I applaud your ingenuity, but think something could go bad.
    Yeah this is why I decided to put on forums first and see what others think and what they think could go wrong could be changed and to see if it would even work it popped in my head so I decided to see what I could do with then idea

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Might as well call it: Finance Legends

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Hmm. I still don't get it. It seems to me that this accounting system is full-proof. It's merely the exchanging of assets on both sides, and the gaining of liability on both sides. Granted, the liabilities are not "programmed" into the game but due to the fact that the initial trade is voluntary, and that the assets and liability are all of equal value, I see no harm. Any scamming or other such issues which might arise could only cause as much harm as they would without this system. Like I said, I see nothing wrong with this idea. Am I missing something?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    Hmm. I still don't get it. It seems to me that this accounting system is full-proof. It's merely the exchanging of assets on both sides, and the gaining of liability on both sides. Granted, the liabilities are not "programmed" into the game but due to the fact that the initial trade is voluntary, and that the assets and liability are all of equal value, I see no harm. Any scamming or other such issues which might arise could only cause as much harm as they would without this system. Like I said, I see nothing wrong with this idea. Am I missing something?
    Idk bro I see it same as u basicly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

The idea sounds OK. I just have one question, to see how it will work in practice. Let's say I give you a demonic x-bow. How much would you give me for it and how much time do I have to pay back my loan?
    When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled / Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about and gallantly he chickened out / Bravest of the braaaave, Sir Robin!