Thread: How do you merch so well?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Question How do you merch so well?

Seriously have a lack of clues on this )':
    :: I am a plats player, I normally buy chest of plats once, twice a months and if I'd like to open crates, (which has always been a failed getting anything!) so usually I spunk it all lepre which gets me around 1.8m back.. ok it is getting so tiring/boring for me now as it's not really a hard earned golds.. will someone show me a link of some good merchant guides on here as I could not find anywhere or any advise pls?

do comment, thankuu !!
    stranger danger
    AL: Lovingly
    PL: Pollasauce, Whatachamp L35

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

See the AL Player Guides section, theres plenty of merching guides there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Trying to make cash from crates opening only is a bad idea. Unless you dont care wasting your plat.

People who have pockets full of gold did that simply by farming/selling items or/and buying/reselling from auction and sparing gold wisely.
    And naturally they didnt do that in 1 day.
    Also there are a lot of people who havent spent $€¥ and succeed in merching.

To be successful itg you dont have to be a pro business man irl but it sure does help you if you have some knowledge/experience in economy/commercial stuffs in general.

Guides? I dont know. Make a search

Advices? The most important thing: know/understand the game. Next dont be lazy.
    Thats how youll be successful itg (and irl also lol).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

It's like asking someone who made money in the stock market what their secret is. There are 2 basic methods to merching:

1) Find items that are mispriced (too low) and buy them, and then sell them at the proper price. Most often this happens when there are none of a certain item for sale in the auction, and then the person listing it does not know how much the price should be so they price it too low (or too high). So if the price is too low, then you buy it and relist it for the proper price and make a profit. If you don't know how much items sell for and you usually look to the auction as a guide, then that is not going to help you here. You must have advance knowledge and experience with how much items sell for, and this often changes, so you really have to be active and be moving a lot of items to be successful here.

2) Buy items that you think will go up in value and then resell them later. I did this a few months ago with the tarlok items during the winter event. I bought up hundreds of them, most for less than 1k each, and now I'm able to sell them for 30-60k each. Discontinued items tend to be the best investment.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    It's like asking someone who made money in the stock market what their secret is. There are 2 basic methods to merching:

1) Find items that are mispriced (too low) and buy them, and then sell them at the proper price. Most often this happens when there are none of a certain item for sale in the auction, and then the person listing it does not know how much the price should be so they price it too low (or too high). So if the price is too low, then you buy it and relist it for the proper price and make a profit. If you don't know how much items sell for and you usually look to the auction as a guide, then that is not going to help you here. You must have advance knowledge and experience with how much items sell for, and this often changes, so you really have to be active and be moving a lot of items to be successful here.

2) Buy items that you think will go up in value and then resell them later. I did this a few months ago with the tarlok items during the winter event. I bought up hundreds of them, most for less than 1k each, and now I'm able to sell them for 30-60k each. Discontinued items tend to be the best investment.
    Thanks bro !!
    stranger danger
    AL: Lovingly
    PL: Pollasauce, Whatachamp L35