Thread: Remove listing fees for items under 1k

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default Remove listing fees for items under 1k

I really think that items being put up for under 1k in the shop should have no listing fee. If I put something in there for 800g for 4 hrs, I lost 100g+ if it doesn't sell. And then if I relist, I lose another 100g, plus I've probably lowered the price to 700g. If I start out at 500, it's even worse.
    And there's no point at all in putting them up for more than 4 hrs, bc then it costs 300g+.

I know, I know, I can just give my junk pinks away. But honestly, I don't know anyone who actually needs them and wouldn't just liquidate them. And I hate liquidating pinks . Would rather sell them in the shop to someone who actually wants it. But it's becoming ridiculous. It's simply not worth putting them in the store anymore -- you could end up actually losing money instead of making.

Just throwing this idea out there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Totally Agree!
    Rusalio~Lvl 75 Tank|Dexalio~Lvl 75 Archer|MaGalio~Lvl 76 Mage|[COLOR="red"]| plus 100 more...Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I concur with this. The other option that I could see would be to scale the cost based on base item level. Ie. a level 10 would cost 25 to post, a 20 would cost 50 to post, a 30 would cost 100 to post. (The numbers used are just examples, any variant thereof could be used)

The way it stands right now, until you get a somewhat decent bankroll, it's not really even worth posting items as you'll more than likely waste the money in posting fees.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Erosion, the problem with that is level doesn't really effect the price of an item. Most of the items I'm selling for under 1k are lvl 50 pinks!
    Without the fees, I would also be more willing to list these items for 4-500g. I see it as a win-win for both buyers and sellers. Right now, the sellers really don't benefit much at all from selling these items. It's basically like giving them away (or even worse, losing money on them).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Every pink should not and will not have the same demand or supply as every other. So in my opinion, that's not a valid argument. Just because a pink is a pink, doesn't mean you should be able to pull 50K gold from it. Period.

I also see posting fees as a method of reducing in-game money. One of the various ways to cut down on inflation. But as it stands, low levels cannot benefit due to the high costs and high levels don't benefit because of the high costs. Mid range "could" benefit, but it would take some wheeling and dealing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I Like the idea, a lower fee on items sold under 1k (maybe 10-50g?) would be more accurate than the current system. The alternative solution would be to rise the liquidate fees on pinks (like 500,800 gold, depending the level...
    /Erathic -Tank: L50 (almost full rift! :/)/ TheGrudge -Mage: L50 (finally full cosmos!)/BadFarmer - Archer: L30

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Erosion, I don't think you understand what I'm asking for. I never said all pinks should be worth the same. I'm simply asking that that shop doesn't take most of the money if I try to sell something for under 1k.

I don't know why you brought levels into this. Everyone benefits if an item can be sold for a few hundred gold without having to worry about losing your money over it. Those without money would actually be able to find better deals that way on common items that they need.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I absolutely understand what you are saying, but feel that it's a bit of a steep solution to the issue, thus why I proposed the scaling solution.

In my opinion a level 1 grey posted at 500g and a level 50 pink posted at 500g should not have the same posting fees as the supply and demand of a level 50 pink should be inherently greater than a level 1 grey.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Well I still don't think it should matter WHAT the item is. Some low level greens and purples are worth more than lvl 50 pinks, and would sell faster. I don't think the devs should mess around wiu deciding what's worth what -- that's up to us by buying or not buying.
    I'm simply saying that my fee to sell something for 800g should not be only slightly lower and selling an item for 20k.
    When they first announced the CS opening, I remember them saying the shop would take 1% ofthe sale price (which it does, on top of the listing fee). I'm simply suggesting that perhaps there should be ONLY a percentage price OR much lower listing fees for lower priced items. But if they want to keep the fees (based on time in store), at least remove those fees for 1k and under.

Again, color or level should play no part in this, as it does not always affect price. It would get too complicated if they try to control something like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For me its gotten so out of hand that i actually have just a char that caries all my pinks and i have over 200 items.. I just dont wanna get rid of them For 198 gold ad it takes forever to sell them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

In wow the fee is based on a percentage of the amount the item is being posted for the higher the posting the higher the fee. That's the way I think it should be in PL imo.
    Last edited by Cabero; 12-08-2010 at 04:32 PM. Reason: typos
    Currently playing Acabero in PL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cabero View Post
    In wow the fee is based on a percentage of the amount the item is being posted for the higher the posting the higher the fee. That's the way I think it should be in PL imo.
    It would be better if there was a small, tiered listing fee based on the listing price and a percentage fee if the item sells successfully. A small gold cost to list items and more gold is removed from the economy when expensive items sell will allow more inexpensive items to be listed and help reduce inflation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by omnipresence View Post
    It would be better if there was a small, tiered listing fee based on the listing price and a percentage fee if the item sells successfully. A small gold cost to list items and more gold is removed from the economy when expensive items sell will allow more inexpensive items to be listed and help reduce inflation.
    So your saying one fee for posting and another if it sells? If so I disagree it should be a set percentage based on the price your selling it for. Just as a example say 10% is the fee you post something for 500k and the fee be 50k or say you post for 500g and pay 50g. Also increase by post time like it is now.

PS. Hopefully I did the math correctly. lol
    Currently playing Acabero in PL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Yeah, right now it's 1% for higher priced items, but the lower priced items end up being 10% or more because of the time-based listing fee. Should just be one percentage for all prices.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It can be done just like ebay you pay a small fee depending on the amount you list the item so higher level items pay higher fees. You can add a cap to the amount you pay. and you can pay a listing fee and a percentage if the item sells if not only pay the fee.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I think pinks 1k and under should have really really really low rent prices. Like 20 gold for 3 hours. Thats about accurate with like power armor of the rift in ratio of gold.

Rents also prevent merchanting, it is still easy to merchant a item if its obviously listed at a silly price (Zuras shocklance for 90k.). But rents are realistic to real life auctions (20% of sale price goes to auction house) and prevents people from buying hundreds of items for slightly lower prices and then making bank by selling for 1-2k more.

Quote Originally Posted by Shemron View Post
    It can be done just like ebay you pay a small fee depending on the amount you list the item so higher level items pay higher fees. You can add a cap to the amount you pay. and you can pay a listing fee and a percentage if the item sells if not only pay the fee.
    The fee's already are kind of based on how much the item is. But I do like the idea, instead of having to pay any fee if it doesnt sell you should get your money back. Auction houses which best represent the consignment shop will only charge you if your item sells.