Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: why staggering gear isn't very good and how to fix it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Default why staggering gear isn't very good and how to fix it.

imo staggering gear was a good idea but a complete bust the way it was implemented. We are less than a week into the expansion and there's nothing worthwhile to farm. Here's why:

1) the new legendary gear sucks stat wise. At the end of last season I was giving away all the level 35 and 36 elite pinks I looted (architect and noble gear). I did this because their value was so low I didn't want to bother listing them in auction only to make a few hundred gold. By the end of the season everyone could afford the elite pinks so they bought them. The level 35 and 36 elite pinks are better stat wise than the level 40 regular pinks. So, no one wants to buy the level 40 pinks. This keeps the prices of chests down as well. Today gold dragon chests are selling for 12500. Gold puzzleboxes were twice that for most of last season. With the cost of pots I do good to make gold.

Solution: Next time make the new regular legendary gear a little better than the previous elite legendary gear. This will keep their values up.

2) dragon teeth aren't worth farming. Unless you plan on spending $$$ opening crates to get a shard, you don't need a recipe as it's not tradeable. You can buy weapons with the teeth but the daggers are "of tactics". In the past, tactics versions were less powerful than potency and brutality. I think there's a strong possibility the potency and brutality versions will drop in elites. This makes me hesitate to spend all this gold and time farming teeth for an item that will be third best in the near future. (As a side note, be prepared to see many rage posts from people who bought the of tactics daggers if they do turn out to be 3rd best after elites come out).

Solution: Keep the recipe untradeable but make either potency and brutality versions available in the shop. Making the tactics versions tradeable still wouldn't solve the problem because their value will always remain lower than the potency and brutality versions.

Also, I personally don't like staggering gear because, in previous seasons, if you rushed to cap you could get in elites faster than everyone and make some serious gold buy elite farming. That opportunity won't happen this season because you've given everyone two weeks to make it to cap so they'll be that many more elite farmers when elites first open.

my 2 cents

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

The new legendary gear is supposed to suck. There is no problem here, no solution needed because comparing elite and legendary gear just doesn't work.

You can't compare elite gear to normal pinks. Just wait till new elite gear comes out, it will be way better than L36 gear.

Edit: The problem, like Sam said, is that there is no elites to farm, so there is a lack of good gear.
    Last edited by Bless; 03-18-2014 at 01:00 PM.
    Credits to Iady

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Yeah, we could have had a better staggering of gear for people in your circumstance, Wvhills. I totally get where you are coming from. Right now, we're head's down to get the Elites out in our promised time frame and so nothing else to farm for will be forthcoming. It's just a little over a week for the Elites, so I don't think anyone will die from the wait

Also, there will be more stuff added to the Dragkin Teeth vendor, so you might want to farm them now to save up for those new items coming. I'll see if we can't get a teaser put together to help inform your farming decision.

Respectfully yours,
    Samhayne
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

bless- why even go through the trouble of making the gear if you know no one is going to use it? I don't think we should have to wait weeks after the expansion comes out before we start farming. I'd rather elites come out as soon as the expansion hits but if they want to stagger gear next season then yes, they need to do something because there's nothing to farm right now that's worth anything.

and thanks sam.
    Last edited by wvhills; 03-18-2014 at 01:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

yeah don't compare regular trash gear to elite gear. thats like comparing the weaker wintermancer of potency/assault gear to the tarlok assault/potency gear. What we need is confirmation from the devs whether or not the 41 elite gear will trash the 36 mythic armour or what. so we can actually know whether or not it will be desirable to farm it. im not gonna waste dozens of plat and time to farm for the pinks only to see its lower then my 36 gear. Instead of having delphina flaunt the gear around how about she actually shows it to people? that'd be nice :S

^sam i still don't understand the point of shutting down all elite maps. you could of just blocked off the dragon ones. i'd of liked to run shuyal or rooks nest or heck. work on my APs during this 2 week ban from elites. its not fair tbh.
    The sad part about forum boards is you'll get people mad by necro'ing threads. But they'll get equally mad if you make a new thread asking the same question of the necro'd thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Currently, most of AL players wear lvl36 mythic set. I suppose that new elite gear will be worse than lvl36 mythics, pro players will have nothing new to wear (maybe weapons). Isn't it a good idea to add new mythic item with introducing elites? It can be even 1 item, possibly helm or amulets. Or make elite gear slightly (!) better than current mythics. Then players won't be bored.

Btw warriors don't even have a good lvl41 weapon to hold. Conquerer's wall sucks. Rogues and mages are now able to enter PvP with lvl41 expedition weapons, but warriors can't with their lvl36 devourer mauls and architect blades...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limitational View Post
    yeah don't compare regular trash gear to elite gear. thats like comparing the weaker wintermancer of potency/assault gear to the tarlok assault/potency gear. What we need is confirmation from the devs whether or not the 41 elite gear will trash the 36 mythic armour or what. so we can actually know whether or not it will be desirable to farm it. im not gonna waste dozens of plat and time to farm for the pinks only to see its lower then my 36 gear. Instead of having delphina flaunt the gear around how about she actually shows it to people? that'd be nice :S

^sam i still don't understand the point of shutting down all elite maps. you could of just blocked off the dragon ones. i'd of liked to run shuyal or rooks nest or heck. work on my APs during this 2 week ban from elites. its not fair tbh.
    ok, listen. i'm not a noob. i understand there's a difference in elite gear and "trash" pinks. but there's no reason why level 41 "trash" pinks could be a little better than level 36 elite gear. It would just give people more stuff to farm.

but i agree, the two week ban on elites is silly.

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limitational View Post
    Removing access via the map was the easiest way to control access to Elite maps. The point was to control the scope of work we had in front of us to get the expansion out, rather than add additional work (hooking up access to some Elites, but not all). The joys of managing an intricate project
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

I was going to suggest you farm arena, but then I checked the price on Elite Golden Puzzlebox II and its less then 30k in cs. The only thing to farm right now is locked or any eggs which drop on normal maps. I believe each Nordr boss can drop an egg on reroll. These eggs are around 60k. Or you can farm teeth and horde teeth and hope they release something good later on.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Yeah, we could have had a better staggering of gear for people in your circumstance, Wvhills. I totally get where you are coming from. Right now, we're head's down to get the Elites out in our promised time frame and so nothing else to farm for will be forthcoming. It's just a little over a week for the Elites, so I don't think anyone will die from the wait

Also, there will be more stuff added to the Dragkin Teeth vendor, so you might want to farm them now to save up for those new items coming. I'll see if we can't get a teaser put together to help inform your farming decision.

Respectfully yours,
    Samhayne
    A teaser for items would be nice to find out if the 36 Mythics are gonna be trounced and a wishlist of items to drool over is always fun! It would also keep us busy yelling OP NEEDS NERF / OMG YOU HATE [Insert Class Here] which will give you more time to work on the levels in peace while we vent into the void

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

What about scale up bael and krunch till elite maps open? Keep me busy for a few weeks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    I was going to suggest you farm arena, but then I checked the price on Elite Golden Puzzlebox II and its less then 30k in cs. The only thing to farm right now is locked or any eggs which drop on normal maps. I believe each Nordr boss can drop an egg on reroll. These eggs are around 60k. Or you can farm teeth and horde teeth and hope they release something good later on.
    the EGP's i've put in auction havent sold. I relisted 3 times and finally just opened. lol.
    I was hoping to horde teeth and hope for something good in the future but i've ran 18 bosses since i've posted this and have gotten 1 tooth (i'm keeping a tally, lol). it makes me want to farm even less now.

thanks for the advice on eggs tho, i'll get on it! (it's a shame we have to go to old areas to farm when there are brand new ones out).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

If you check the pet descriptions Shadowlurk probably drops from the boss "This spider can be collected from a giant spider in the caves in Tidirin." I would check Caves of Tarewa and use lep before boss dies.

18.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #14
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    What about scale up bael and krunch till elite maps open? Keep me busy for a few weeks.
    We do have plans to scale up Bael and Krunch, but Rome was not built in one day. First we need to get the Elites out. We have some new vanities (based on the Conquistador look) coming to the store and locked crates along with a few other bug fixes for Thursday.

Remiem will be posting the additional items coming to the Dragkin Teeth vendor when the Elite Zones come out in the near future.
    | | | |

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Maybe the teeth gear will be part of a set w/ set bonus? Or they will be the basis to upgrade to new mythics, arcanes?

(Love pure speculation)

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    We do have plans to scale up Bael and Krunch, but Rome was not built in one day. First we need to get the Elites out. We have some new vanities (based on the Conquistador look) coming to the store and locked crates along with a few other bug fixes for Thursday.

Remiem will be posting the additional items coming to the Dragkin Teeth vendor when the Elite Zones come out in the near future.
    Sam, can I ask why ur spending time working on vanities and more reasons to open crates instead of working on elites? I understand u guys make money off crates and I love the fact u do (instead of thrashers like pl) but give something the rest of us can do. I just sold a gold dragon chest for 9000 gold. I want to play this game but honestly I'm searching for a reason too and the expansion has been out a week. U can check my plat spending records, I am a plat spender but I spend it on pets, plat revs, vanities etc. we have new lep vanities and already have jungle vanities. We want to play the game man.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    Sam, can I ask why ur spending time working on vanities and more reasons to open crates instead of working on elites? I understand u guys make money off crates and I love the fact u do (instead of thrashers like pl) but give something the rest of us can do. I just sold a gold dragon chest for 9000 gold. I want to play this game but honestly I'm searching for a reason too and the expansion has been out a week. U can check my plat spending records, I am a plat spender but I spend it on pets, plat revs, vanities etc. we have new lep vanities and already have jungle vanities. We want to play the game man.
    I believe, that there is team, who is working on elites and team who is working on design vanities and so on. More people donīt always mean faster work ;-)