Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: here's how long you can expect it to take to get magma gear from tooth vendor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Default here's how long you can expect it to take to get magma gear from tooth vendor

hey guys, i've been keeping track of tooth drop rate.
    I've done 60 boss runs (the amount of runs per boss and how many teeth per boss is being kept secret) and have gotten 7 teeth.

that's about 1 tooth every 8.5 runs. Lets assume 5 min for an average run. That's an average of 1 tooth every 42 min.

It's going to take 240 teeth to get both the helm and the armor which comes out to 10,200 min. There's 60 min in an hour so that comes out to 170 hours.

So if you want them in a month you'll have to run about 6 hours a day. Of course, by the time you've done that much farming you probably would have dropped other magma gear in elites or arena.

This is just a rough estimate of course. My point is it's going to take an extremely long time and we'll probably have dropped better gear by the time we've gathered enough teeth.

This is the elite legendary gear the same as architect was last season. I'd like to make a suggestion that the drop rates of the teeth be kept the same (so the shard recipe stays rare) but i'd like to see the cost of the gear be lowered significantly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Erm. im pretty sure carapace or another dev said somewhere that elite will have a higher drop chance for teeth. so with a decent team once you figure how many mobs spawn a boss so you can book it to him it should take sooner than that. plus itll have the chance at the elite 41s that the dev's said will be dropped from the new elite bosses aswell as the new chests. So the teeth will become not so much a hassle as a bonus to when your farming

least thats what im hoping for. only time will tell.

also ill support lowering the amount of teeth required. or at least make it a certain price for the total set or something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ventus View Post
    Erm. im pretty sure carapace or another dev said somewhere that elite will have a higher drop chance for teeth. so with a decent team once you figure how many mobs spawn a boss so you can book it to him it should take sooner than that. plus itll have the chance at the elite 41s that the dev's said will be dropped from the new elite bosses aswell as the new chests. So the teeth will become not so much a hassle as a bonus to when your farming

least thats what im hoping for. only time will tell.
    that's exactly my point. In elites we'll be farming for teeth to get gear that's worse than the gear we've already farmed while farming for the teeth.

edit: the drop rate in elites will be better but it will take longer to do the runs also.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    that's exactly my point. In elites we'll be farming for teeth to get gear that's worse than the gear we've already farmed while farming for the teeth.

edit: the drop rate in elites will be better but it will take longer to do the runs also.
    The gear available for teeth is actually the elite legendary gear that the elite bosses drop. Magma gear is what drops from elite Dragon Enclave.

The vendor only sells a specific version at the time. The bosses will drop the others (of will, of grace, of security, of savvy, etc.), including these already available ones.

Being able to farm teeth for these ones is a means for newer and weak players to farm for elite gear without having to spend all their gold for an item on the market with an artificially inflated price, nor run elite dungeons that are far too difficult for them.

So many people complain this game is pay to win to get mythics and good gear. Well, guess what...sts is providing YET ANOTHER way to help poorer players to get what they want without spending a dollar. The teeth are a currency that'll allow players to grind and farm relentlessly and select the item they want (I imagine sts has more stuff coming to be avilable for teeth to make for a selection).

Perhaps the price should be a little lower. But, keep in mind that this system is new and sts is testing the waters. Better they start off hard to get than super easy and then the market gets flooded. Sts is likely monitoring the numbers very closely and will adjust accordingly.

Perhaps the little known about Dragon Scale gear will be slightly better than magma gear, but costs A LOT of teeth (we do have a cap off 1000...a 500 tooth item is possible). If teeth were super easy early on, someone could have stocked up quickly and saved for the new items.
    Last edited by Morholt; 03-20-2014 at 03:06 PM.
    Only those who risk going past the edge will find out how far they can go.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Morholt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    267 Posts

Shazbot could have dragon teeth added to the loot table?

AL: Generalzod

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Commanderkeen For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morholt View Post
    The gear available for teeth is actually the elite legendary gear that the elite bosses drop. Magma gear is what drops from elite Dragon Enclave.

The vendor only sells a specific version at the time. The bosses will drop the others (of will, of grace, of security, of savvy, etc.), including these already available ones.

Being able to farm teeth for these ones is a means for newer and weak players to farm for elite gear without having to spend all their gold for an item on the market with an artificially inflated price, nor run elite dungeons that are far too difficult for them.

So many people complain this game is pay to win to get mythics and good gear. Well, guess what...sts is providing YET ANOTHER way to help poorer players to get what they want without spending a dollar. The teeth are a currency that'll allow players to grind and farm relentlessly and select the item they want (I imagine sts has more stuff coming to be avilable for teeth to make for a selection).
    i hadn't thought of it that way so that's a good aspect. Those of us who run elites won't worry about the magma gear from the teeth vendor. "of tactics" is middle of the road and not one that most elite runners would want. Another one of my points is by the time players get enough teeth for the gear, there will be better gear in auction. That's why i recommend lowering it's cost.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

I dont know what map you are doing, try the first. A tooth run even with a newbie or PUG party takes no more than 3 minutes (under 2 mins if you have arcane mages in pt) to complete. I esitmate one tooth every 5-10 runs. A tooth every 30 mins at the least. I got 5 in an hour once, totalling 14 now, and I've only farmed < 5 hours!
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    I dont know what map you are doing, try the first. A tooth run even with a newbie or PUG party takes no more than 3 minutes (under 2 mins if you have arcane mages in pt) to complete. I esitmate one tooth every 5-10 runs. A tooth every 30 mins at the least. I got 5 in an hour once, totalling 14 now, and I've only farmed < 5 hours!
    ur estimate of 1 every 5-10 runs in the first map is a lot different from the tally I have on my chart. if ur farming time was within the first 3-4 days the drop rate was a lot higher then. There was a secret nerf at the beginning of this week. I've done 60 runs so i don't have a good sample size yet but i'm still compiling numbers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

ur estimate of 1 every 5-10 runs in the first map is a lot different from the tally I have on my chart. if ur farming time was within the first 3-4 days the drop rate was a lot higher then. There was a secret nerf at the beginning of this week. I've done 60 runs so i don't have a good sample size yet but i'm still compiling numbers.
    Of course, mine is from personal experience, no data collected but try to do it with a good pt in first map. The faster the runs = the more runs you can do = the more potential teeth farmed
    Credits to Iady

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Guys, there was no secret nurf. I am looking at the files that contain the % drop settings and they have not changed since going live. I know with rare drops, you can have streaks, etc. and that can color your perception, but we didn't stealth nurf it.

Also, for your calculations, sure you can run normals 'till your head caves in if that is the path you want to take. It is an option. We feel like most will get with guildies and run elites and have a bit faster time to their objective.

Thanks
    -Samhayne
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Guys, there was no secret nurf. I am looking at the files that contain the % drop settings and they have not changed since going live. I know with rare drops, you can have streaks, etc. and that can color your perception, but we didn't stealth nurf it.

Also, for your calculations, sure you can run normals 'till your head caves in if that is the path you want to take. It is an option. We feel like most will get with guildies and run elites and have a bit faster time to their objective.

Thanks
    -Samhayne
    Da Man has SPOKEN!
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Thanks
    -Samhayne
    If ur running elites with guildies don't u think u would have dropped the elite gear by the time u get enough teeth to buy from tooth vendor? I'm just saying the price of the gear should be reduced is all. I like the fact that players who normally couldn't do elite will be able to get decent gear. I just think it's too long a time commitment to put in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

My average is 1 tooth every 1,5 hours. And thats not a streak. I'm counting hours since the release. Its over 50 spent in Tindrin. So far I have 35 teeth.

Must be the same "streak" I had with Malison egg. I ran Rooks Nest Elite over 200 times. Often with luck elixier. 200 times... and I never looted Malison. Saw it dropping by the dozen for others, but never for me.

Finally my head caved in and I bought it. :/

I'm not sure how the system in AL really works, but I think there should be something like a bracket around the "hit-zone". Like a minimum and maximum output in a certain amount of time: 1 teeth per hour at least, but max is 3. Something like that.

Because those streaks make people frustrated with the game. I know a lot of people who gave up playing the game over the arcane items. Seems to me this might happen with the dragon teeth as well.
    Last edited by Frohnatur; 03-23-2014 at 12:03 AM.

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

I think the dragon scale gear will be stronger? Maybe its like comparing frozen gear to tarlok gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

If ur running elites with guildies don't u think u would have dropped the elite gear by the time u get enough teeth to buy from tooth vendor? I'm just saying the price of the gear should be reduced is all. I like the fact that players who normally couldn't do elite will be able to get decent gear. I just think it's too long a time commitment to put in.
    They said they will put the better versions like brutality, potency and assault in the store instead of those versions.
    Btw running elites would be fun with the higher teeth rate, maybe 1 in 2 or 3 runs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills:1530838

Thanks
    -Samhayne

Guys ,, understand what he is trying to tell,

When we are farming for 50teeth in Elite for the Magma Gear with the Vendor

We would get 5-10 Magma Gear Drops From the Elite Boss when we farm for 50teeth in Elite

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

i think buy a Elite golden dragon chest for 40 teeth is more of an issue
    Every strike brings me closer to my next home run

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Toy View Post
    i think buy a Elite golden dragon chest for 40 teeth is more of an issue
    Think of it this way, in nordr there wad a quest for elite golden warchests. 20 elite bosses. With these, it's s minimum of 40 (probably a lot more)

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)