Thread: I Need Major Help...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Smile I Need Major Help...

Alright so I'm level 24, almost 25, and I have about 3K kills... I'm an enchantress.
    I've seen level 40s+ with about 3-5k kills...
    Some even have less kills than me and they're WAY higher levels...
    Can anyone mind helping me with this...? or at least teach me how to level up faster?
    Thanks.

Fiuevy - Level 60 Enchantress.
    Sanatorium - Level 5 Twink Enchantress.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The best way to level up is to play in areas where the enemies are your level or slightly higher. You no longer receive XP from a kill when you are 3 levels higher. At your current level you should be finishing up with fathom crypts and moving into lost expedition.
    Pocket Legends Warrior: Manbearzombie || Mage: Zombiemagik || Archer: Undeadeyes
    Star Legends Commando: Biggun || Operative: Deadeye || Engineer: Manbearzombie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Also there are Elixirs that give you 2x Exp and 2.5x Exp. That's probably what they're using. You can buy them from the store with Plat or Gold. The 2x Exp (Hardcore Playa Potion) is 1500 gold. It last for 5 minutes (unless you die or leave the area).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fiuevy View Post
    Alright so I'm level 24, almost 25, and I have about 3K kills... I'm an enchantress.
    I've seen level 40s+ with about 3-5k kills...
    Some even have less kills than me and they're WAY higher levels...
    Can anyone mind helping me with this...? or at least teach me how to level up faster?
    Thanks.
    Experience increases with dificulty. Here's an easy visual clue. Next to the health meter on the opponents is a colored bubble. It is a threat level indicator, with red being the highest threat, then yellow, then green... etc. The threat level changes as you advance. For instance, when you are level 30 in Swamps, it is red, but when you become level 33 it goes yellow, and when you reach level 36 it goes green, etc. When you can no longer gain XP it goes gray. Red gets you 2 xp, yellow gets you 1.5 xp, green gets you 1 XP, etc. per kill. Grey mean you get no XP and the kills stop being added to your total.

Secondly, each campaign has some level where there are many hallway mobs and you can skip rooms.

Thirdly, a Hardcore Playa's Potion double xp fior 5 minutes, so red gets you 4, yellow gets you 3, etc.

Fourth, you get XP from all kills within range, so you gain XP fastest by running with a crowd.

So put these four ideas together and you get the trick for gaining XP the fastest possible way:

Find the lowest level map with red threat level opponents that has the most hallway mobs. Then use a Hardcore Player's Potion while running and kill as many as possible in 5 minutes. Do it with friends to increase the number of kills.

At level 24, the threat level in Fathom is yellow. You should move on to Lost Expedition now.

I should explain also that what I described is power levelling. It is totally legal in the game. Leeching is different, but some people confuse the two. Leeching is when you run around behind people and don't do anything, just get xp and drops from their efforts. We have seen some people reach very high levels by leeching. They have very low kill numbers. Your numbers are kind of high. I didn't get to 3500 kill until Swamps on my mage. So you might be running a lot of solo games. If you want faster xp, don't play solo, but you will get fewer kills because, naturally, only the player who delivers the deathblow gets the kill.
    Last edited by Snakespeare; 12-09-2010 at 06:40 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Also your a mage. Mages are epic kill stealers. Its quite common to see lvl 50 bears with only like 3k kills (they don't really inflict any damage now.. Just tanks..)

Plus some might be myna's gens. Myna's gens are basicly new players that powerleveled really fast from extremely low levels in crush the keeper. They have really low kill counts since they are basicly worthless to the party.

The more kills you have the better. Some players actually will boot you from the game if you don't have enough *It tells how experienced a player is in ao3*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    Experience increases with dificulty. Here's an easy visual clue. Next to the health meter on the opponents is a colored bubble. It is a threat level indicator, with red being the highest threat, then yellow, then green... etc. The threat level changes as you advance. For instance, when you are level 30 in Swamps, it is red, but when you become level 33 it goes yellow, and when you reach level 36 it goes green, etc. When you can no longer gain XP it goes gray. Red gets you 2 xp, yellow gets you 1.5 xp, green gets you 1 XP, etc. per kill. Grey mean you get no XP and the kills stop being added to your total.

Secondly, each campaign has some level where there are many hallway mobs and you can skip rooms.

Thirdly, a Hardcore Playa's Potion double xp fior 5 minutes, so red gets you 4, yellow gets you 3, etc.

Fourth, you get XP from all kills within range, so you gain XP fastest by running with a crowd.

So put these four ideas together and you get the trick for gaining XP the fastest possible way:

Find the lowest level map with red threat level opponents that has the most hallway mobs. Then use a Hardcore Player's Potion while running and kill as many as possible in 5 minutes. Do it with friends to increase the number of kills.

At level 24, the threat level in Fathom is yellow. You should move on to Lost Expedition now.

I should explain also that what I described is power levelling. It is totally legal in the game. Leeching is different, but some people confuse the two. Leeching is when you run around behind people and don't do anything, just get xp and drops from their efforts. We have seen some people reach very high levels by leeching. They have very low kill numbers. Your numbers are kind of high. I didn't get to 3500 kill until Swamps on my mage. So you might be running a lot of solo games. If you want faster xp, don't play solo, but you will get fewer kills because, naturally, only the player who delivers the deathblow gets the kill.
    Ahh, thank you so much.
    Yeah I was just curious, I've bought the other towns a while back and I've been jumping onto them frequently to level up with the 2.5 EXP elixir when my level 50 friends are on so they could help me, but I was just curious since I've seen Enchantress, Warrios, and Archers with less or the same amount of kills as me being level 40+, but thanks... it helped a lot .

Fiuevy - Level 60 Enchantress.
    Sanatorium - Level 5 Twink Enchantress.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got level 50 on my Bird with 1k kills even, lol.