Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Elite Zones Live in Arcane Legends + Elite Loot Explained!

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #81
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

We are watching the difficulty debate, but it will be a little bit of time (probably through the weekend at least) before we decide to pull the trigger on any changes to the current elite difficulties. As it stands we're getting a decently mixed set of "too hard", "just right" and a very small number of "too easy". Everyone has different play abilities, but we don't want to make any quick, unwarranted adjustments while players are settling into how to run the elites. Times are getting quicker, and deaths are getting fewer as more players get used to the pulls and strategies.

Thanks for the feedback guys, keep it coming!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    We are watching the difficulty debate, but it will be a little bit of time (probably through the weekend at least) before we decide to pull the trigger on any changes to the current elite difficulties. As it stands we're getting a decently mixed set of "too hard", "just right" and a very small number of "too easy". Everyone has different play abilities, but we don't want to make any quick, unwarranted adjustments while players are settling into how to run the elites. Times are getting quicker, and deaths are getting fewer as more players get used to the pulls and strategies.

Agreed. Our party times have drastically decreased from the first few runs. It is all about strategy and routine along with collaboration of your team mates.

I have to say that you CANNOT PUG the new Elites.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post

Elite oltagr is pain to me... While i was with 2 tanks and 1 rogue..

I am afraid to say how HARD are dragon elites...

Brrrrr....

Game became hard... Not only in elites i noticed sir..

---------------
    Regards!
    Deadroth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Please do NOT lower the difficult of elites.. Here is why I ask this....

1) I have had just as much trouble as the rest of you. But keep in mind that most of us running these dungeons are equipped with level 31 & 36 gear. Last season with shuyal, most of us upgraded our mythic helm and armors almost immediately, so then when we began running elites we were already upgraded. As level 41 mythics have yet to be released, and only a couple of players have the arcane ring, most of us are running these dungeons with either old gear or cheap crate gear. Over time we will all gradually upgrade our gear and then it will become easier.

2) Having it really hard is a good thing... it means that the loot is worth good money. If you make it easier, then the loot becomes pretty worthless and farming becomes a waste of time. We all saw that play out last season. How many of you were running elite shuyal late in the season? Not many because most of the architect gear was not worth much at all, and the elite chests had gone way down in price too. With this new difficulty, it may take a long time to finish the dungeon, but any legendary items you loot or any elite chests you loot will have some good value. I looted an elite copper chest yesterday and was able to sell it for 13k. Last season that chest would have sold for less than 3k. Harder means less people do it, which means the loot is more rare. It makes farming more profitable for everyone.

3) If they make it easier, then what is going to happen is the few players who have arcane gear are going to breeze through these dungeons, make a fortune selling all the legendary gear, and then that gear will become so common that it will be worthless in a short time. The rest of you who do not have arcane gear will never have a chance to make any money from this expansion. That is exactly what happened last season.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

The perceived difficulty stems from the implemented itemization. The hardest maps are not meant to be run from last season (literally ) or older gear. But that's what you have to do currently, since they are still the best there is. Maybe it is soon time to take the next step in the itemization - what ever it is - and give little bigger group of players possibility to run the new elite maps.

But meanwhile, kudos to you all of you that have the stamina, skills and what ever it takes to complete elite Tindirin.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jiarijiba For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

As far as i see there are three diferent classes:
    - Arcane players: elite is challenging; loot is not usefull for them, just for sale (remember: with maul alone you have 150 more dmg than with entombed warfare, not to mention heal from Samael)
    - myth player: (too) hard since the effort is mostly not worth the loot. Best gear is entombed warfare from nordn
    - legendary: nearly impossible to get the gear they would really USE because it has better stats than their current gear

In our guild we have many legendary players who are very disappointed from the elite maps.
    Personally I like that you actually need a tank in the team again, in shuyal i felt like slowing down the rogues and mages...

I think what Energizeric mentioned, that only arcane palyers make a fortune, is happening right at the moment already...

CaptnSharky lvl 41 - Schattenwolff lvl 21, Mein Motto: Have Fun!, unser Forum

10. The Following User Says Thank You to alexdroog For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alexdroog View Post
    As far as i see there are three diferent classes:
    - Arcane players: elite is challenging; loot is not usefull for them, just for sale (remember: with maul alone you have 150 more dmg than with entombed warfare, not to mention heal from Samael)
    - myth player: (too) hard since the effort is mostly not worth the loot. Best gear is entombed warfare from nordn
    - legendary: nearly impossible to get the gear they would really USE because it has better stats than their current gear

In our guild we have many legendary players who are very disappointed from the elite maps.
    Personally I like that you actually need a tank in the team again, in shuyal i felt like slowing down the rogues and mages...

I think what Energizeric mentioned, that only arcane palyers make a fortune, is happening right at the moment already...
    People who use the legendarys lvl 36 are obviously not geared enough. They need to play more wisely or put more effort to be more geared, rather than crying for a nerf on a hard thing so they can continue using what they have used for months. The legendary conquistador gear are just like devourer and dimensional last season with bad stat. Energizeric is right, any nerf on the current elite will only make it easier for the best geared players, and if that easiness keeps going on the market will be flooded.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

Either way arcane players are the only group that profits.
    Atm legendary players have to buy the gear arcane players looted at a high price...

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alexdroog For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

My only real complaint with elites thus far are the snake dragons and ghost mage with totem right at the start of Cave of Tarewa.

I mean really, could you guys have put such a nasty mob any closer to the warp portal/entrance?

Last night I went in there with a full party and as soon as we started the map it was a massacre, and upon reviving we were instantly killed again and again simply from the ridiculous proximity of that mob to the spawn point - not to mention that the warp portal can interfere with auto attacks while you're trying to get your bearing as you fight that mob off.

So if it's possible put that group a little further back so spawn kills are less likely to occur.

Please and thank you in advance!~
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts

Any question?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140328_205111.jpg 
Views:	358 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	72748

Eskimosmurf
    Helden Von Heute - Guild Master

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nice
    Last edited by Toogy; 03-29-2014 at 02:49 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimocallboy View Post
    Any question?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140328_205111.jpg 
Views:	358 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	72748
    U like to copy/paste?

Sent from Vox TV via...wait,what?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Pandorix For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

pfff the elites are extremely hard and many people don't have the fun yes I agree that the more difficult it is the more valuable things are but many people will give up the game because it became a deadend and by that I mean PvP is only for mythic ppl and experienced players that atleast know how to survive and make some kills. So for the other people there shelter was PvE so now that are having troubles even completing a map where is the fun? Not to mention that the new lvl41 equip is junk my tarlok of assault lvl35 is much better from all of that and not only that but people are listing these items for 300k-1m so what players are supposed to deal with new expansion when lvl41 gear is for the rubbish?
    Thanks
    Maoejal

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Socrates For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

Fully agree,

I remember running elite nordn in lvl31 cap with my mage in legendary gear, frost and no plat. It was hard but fun. I am still proud of my "techno viking" title :-)
    Now I have a myth warrior, made already about 2 Million in Tindirin but it is less fun.

Make elite as hard as it was in 31 please. Legendary players should have fun too.

And for STG revenues; I want magma as vanity, the look is so cool! I am bored of running around with entombed hammer and architect. Give us a new mythic weapon and amulet.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to alexdroog For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Default Elite Zones Live in Arcane Legends + Elite Loot Explained!

When is pocket legend s turn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pls help me how can i get back my mythic helm i accidentally sell it to my inventory because of lag. I restart my cellphone because i cant press anything pls i need ur help i hope u will help me to recover it
    IGN: Ogoorase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Please do NOT lower the difficult of elites.. Here is why I ask this....

1) I have had just as much trouble as the rest of you. But keep in mind that most of us running these dungeons are equipped with level 31 & 36 gear. Last season with shuyal, most of us upgraded our mythic helm and armors almost immediately, so then when we began running elites we were already upgraded. As level 41 mythics have yet to be released, and only a couple of players have the arcane ring, most of us are running these dungeons with either old gear or cheap crate gear. Over time we will all gradually upgrade our gear and then it will become easier.

2) Having it really hard is a good thing... it means that the loot is worth good money. If you make it easier, then the loot becomes pretty worthless and farming becomes a waste of time. We all saw that play out last season. How many of you were running elite shuyal late in the season? Not many because most of the architect gear was not worth much at all, and the elite chests had gone way down in price too. With this new difficulty, it may take a long time to finish the dungeon, but any legendary items you loot or any elite chests you loot will have some good value. I looted an elite copper chest yesterday and was able to sell it for 13k. Last season that chest would have sold for less than 3k. Harder means less people do it, which means the loot is more rare. It makes farming more profitable for everyone.

3) If they make it easier, then what is going to happen is the few players who have arcane gear are going to breeze through these dungeons, make a fortune selling all the legendary gear, and then that gear will become so common that it will be worthless in a short time. The rest of you who do not have arcane gear will never have a chance to make any money from this expansion. That is exactly what happened last season.
    -----------------------------------------
    1) I have 41 lv gear, upgraded. It is still pain to me, bah, it is MEGA pain to me. (I am talking bout nordr now, forget bout Enclave elites. These.. just... Awful)

2) Having difficulty is good thing, If you don't get one shooted by most of toucher MOBS

3) Arcane players are making fortune on this elites now, too, aren't they? . Difficulty won't scare them.

Problem is, sts gave us crap pinks for expansion, which is ROUGHLY +2 better than the 36 good pinks... When elites became to be 2x harder than previous ones...

Magma isn't worth of farming for me. It is SLIGHTLY better than mine conquistador, which doesn' change that, conquistador gear still suck.
    But, i wanted to thx for expansion, it is good, but, maybe.. a lil, very, veery op
    Last edited by Deadroth; 03-31-2014 at 06:21 AM.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deadroth For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

nice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deadroth View Post
    Problem is, sts gave us crap pinks for expansion, which is ROUGHLY +2 better than the 36 good pinks... When elites became to be 2x harder than previous ones...
    Unfortunately this is a necessary thing they had to do as part of their itemization change for this season. In order to change to this new way of releasing gear in increments, it meant that the first gear they release at the beginning of the season had to be worse than in the past, otherwise the improved gear released later in the season will be too OP.

This is just the new way things are going to be.... At the beginning of the season, the elites are going to be super tough, and then as better gear is released throughout the season, it will become easier as you upgrade your gear. So you can't compare it to past seasons where they used to release all of the best gear right away at the beginning of the season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Unfortunately this is a necessary thing they had to do as part of their itemization change for this season. In order to change to this new way of releasing gear in increments, it meant that the first gear they release at the beginning of the season had to be worse than in the past, otherwise the improved gear released later in the season will be too OP.

This is just the new way things are going to be.... At the beginning of the season, the elites are going to be super tough, and then as better gear is released throughout the season, it will become easier as you upgrade your gear. So you can't compare it to past seasons where they used to release all of the best gear right away at the beginning of the season.
    Erkhm.. Magma is slightly better than mine conquistador..

With full esteem Energizeric ... But what to compare here? The elites will be hard even wid magma gear...

Apart from it... This won't change that we will get 1 hitted from bosses or mobs... This is just too hard... Only full geared players can allow theirselves for such dmg and survive.
    I think the 1 hit ones should be cleaned up from elites. That is mine statement here bud.

Regards!
    Dead