Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Demise of Singe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Default Demise of Singe

OK guys lets talk about singe and his apparent demise from being OP on release to now being so so and cheaper then whim. No other arcane pet has had such a dramatic fall from grace not even whim dropped down so severely. This pet needs some urgent care and attention from STS with some buffs urgently required, Originally singe was nerfed as its stats were considered to OP, So firstly It needs a buff to its original planned stats, Secondly it could do with some extra buff on its attacks as it hits are very weak, And lastly it could do with some extra oomph on its stun.

New levels are very hard with bosses from lvl2 onwards pretty tough, I can only imagine what elites are going to be like so plz sts take a look at whats going on with singe and wave your magic wand.
    Kind regards
    Fame.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to famousfame For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

I hope and wish. Going back to its original stats would be too strong at twink levels perhaps. Change that 40 percent stun to 80 to 100 percent stun. The cooldown is already long. In pvp, there is stun immunity so it wouldnt be OP in pvp. In pve, we already have 100 percent stun pets such as george and kelvin. Sure its only 1 enemy stun but keep in mind this pet is arcane and the cooldown is long.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Agree with you ravager, however sam is already OP at twink levels and increased buff for singe would make little difference to that, We need original planned stats for singe and increase on stun or terrify chance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Its not popular because of the nonexistent crit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Just add crits and it would be perfect =) oh and perhaps 60%stun because we all know how 40% in sts terms is like -15% chance to stun hehe

Other than that its a pretty nice pet.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spell For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

If I could only have one Arcane pet it would never be Singe. Stats alone don't make u op. It's the abilities and the AA specialty. IMO the only ability that can surpass Samuel is shadow clones of yourself and Singe doesn't so more than a wide range deary. I would take glacian or hammerjaw over Singe.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

I'd like to see its previous stats returning; i'll also take a crit boost any time of the day. I do hope sts reconsiders this
    duck dynasty falls

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Limsi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Yeah, this is why we need "devs" to test these pets not just "players". I like how STS is very close and always listening to player feedback but for future pets/gear and other platinum updates, you should limit what players can "influence". For example, if they stats are OP on a pet, well it's because STS has a reason and no player can ever know that reason therefore they shouldn't have the "power" to change things right there because they don't fully understand/know where STS is heading.

Players will always try and change things if they see something they cannot handle because they are afraid. All you PvP players need to stop hurting platinum sales/improvements/updates with your delusions; y'all bunch of whiners not warriors.

We don't know how tough the elites are going to be and if they are, maybe Singe was designed to be OP for this reason.

#ReturnVanillaSinge!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zorin View Post
    Yeah, this is why we need "devs" to test these pets not just "players". I like how STS is very close and always listening to player feedback but for future pets/gear and other platinum updates, you should limit what players can "influence". For example, if they stats are OP on a pet, well it's because STS has a reason and no player can ever know that reason therefore they shouldn't have the "power" to change things right there because they don't fully understand/know where STS is heading.
    [/B]
    Players will always try and change things if they see something they cannot handle because they are afraid. All you PvP players need to stop hurting platinum sales/improvements/updates with your delusions; y'all bunch of whiners not warriors.

We don't know how tough the elites are going to be and if they are, maybe Singe was designed to be OP for this reason.

#ReturnVanillaSinge!
    Exactly!
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spell:1536217
    Just add crits and it would be perfect =) oh and perhaps 60%stun because we all know how 40% in sts terms is like -15% chance to stun hehe

Other than that its a pretty nice pet.
    Haha too funny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Singe's stun doesn't work as well because of stun immunity. They can give you 100% stun and it will still be 0% chance because of stun immunity. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe stuns can be dodged. If they added crit to Singe it would be way too OP. Whim is good because of speed + damage and its arcane. It works great on some maps, and I have been using Whim exclusively to farm teeth. In PvE I wouldn't know where to use Singe to be honest In PvP, Samael will always be tops for a mage. They probably can go back to the original stats but I don't agree with adding crit. He's already the highest damage pet.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Singe's stun doesn't work as well because of stun immunity. They can give you 100% stun and it will still be 0% chance because of stun immunity. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe stuns can be dodged. If they added crit to Singe it would be way too OP. Whim is good because of speed + damage and its arcane. It works great on some maps, and I have been using Whim exclusively to farm teeth. In PvE I wouldn't know where to use Singe to be honest In PvP, Samael will always be tops for a mage. They probably can go back to the original stats but I don't agree with adding crit. He's already the highest damage pet.

I've seen some people use the AA with singe, and then switch it out to another pet in PVE haha, they want the buff but not the base stats xD
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    I've seen some people use the AA with singe, and then switch it out to another pet in PVE haha, they want the buff but not the base stats xD
    His buff is the same as Deary, so if you don't use it for the base stats then I don't know why you'd buy him. Because the best thing about Singe is his base stats. If you want to buff yourself/party Shiloh maybe a better option (+40 STR for 8 seconds). Without naming names, I've seen someone do this in PvP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Bump. That dragon is going for too low a price in the traders market!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Surprising that this was all hyped up and now its going less than 10M.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

This is what happens when you give in to whiners. People wanted to protect their precious Samael investments. It's disappointing, really. I was really hoping for another pet I could use other than Samael.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    This is what happens when you give in to whiners. People wanted to protect their precious Samael investments. It's disappointing, really. I was really hoping for another pet I could use other than Samael.
    STG should really stick with their original plans and not give in to what consensus dictates. It's funny how a sheer number of players complained how Op singe was yet when the arcane ring was released, no one complained. :/

I hope STG reconsiders
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Limsyoker View Post
    STG should really stick with their original plans and not give in to what consensus dictates. It's funny how a sheer number of players complained how Op singe was yet when the arcane ring was released, no one complained. :/

I hope STG reconsiders
    I actually was looking to pick up another red pet, lol@redpetskei and either this or Whim was going to be it. All I have heard is all the Singe owners have remorse purchasing or opening it. The Arcane Pet of THE SEASON and EXPANSION is not living up to what it is.

My suggestion is to give back its ORIGINAL stats and then throw in some Crit % like Sam's

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    I concur adding crit wouldn't be right and would be way off balance... Some of the new mobs seem to have stun immunity it seems making stun effectively useless. Hmmm... Whim on the new maps... ur right the speed is awesome and sure would help when escaping from some boss red zones.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Lol... What a samael dependant thread...