Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [Guide] The Definitive Guide to Speed Leveling and Kraag Tomb 4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rare View Post
    I can solo KT4 in < 2.5m

Best best party I've run with in WT4 is just under 4 minutes.

Less pots, faster, less garbage mobs
    You need to solo at least at 2 minutes to reach wt4 level.
    Its SEEMS that its better, its easier to stay alive because less mobs and its really reminds me of backenbridge :-)
    As Arlorians like to say "The Best City Of Kraag" should have the best tombs too? huh?
    still with lower gear for me its imposible to solo Kraag faster than WT, I believe its same for everyone unless you have new gear (mythic prefered).
    And as Ishxmeet have said do not let for witches to spawn mobs if you dont like to fight the mass.
    Check out my blog about sorcerer's life in world of Arlorians'!
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/blog.php?130665-Syberg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

What kind of math are you basing this on? Where are your facts? Anyone can say blah blah this is so, but unless you back it with numbers it's just dust in the wind. Find another guide to troll. This one is already proven.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Lightbulb To each his own but...

You can do what you want but this research had made seasoned endgame players learn that there's always room to improve and you can't argue with the data and you can, and many have, verified this research Serancha did. It's legitimate science at this point... just saying. When I need to level pets or toons I've changed where I go often. I still goto WT but it's only because that's where everyone else is still. We'd prolly be better off if more would switch to Kragg. It'll be interesting to see how this effects next level cap when it comes!
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Oh I see its become drama from discussion, what kind of numbers you need? Me and ishxmeet could run wt4 if you need time. Who said I do not have numbers?
    And I am not trolling, I am trying to make as much pros and sins about those two tombs.
    But I have no idea why you so sure that wt4 is so bad? Yes, you kill alot of useless mobs if you can not kill witches fast, yes with bad party it takes 10minutes to run it (And I done KT with pretty bad party in +5minutes). In my eyes they are both nearly the same.
    Its just that sorcerers do not have problems to kill high amount of mobs, when they are attacking in same time (In other words they can just destroy any amount of pulled mobs). While rogue has good 1v1 skills. They dont have any high AoE attacks, as sorcerers do.
    KT4 do not have any more mobs than its shown, thats means rogue with some skills (this guide can give you enough of skills) can kill them one-by-one pretty fast.
    If rogue goes to WT4 and those useless mobs spawns 2 times, that makes alot more work for ROGUES.
    Now lets see what is about sorcerers.
    At KT4 sorcerer is pretty good with gun (Guns usually have higher distance). But skills does not works good for speed runs. Because:
    When you do pulls, mobs runs one-by-one with some spaces between them. And since at KT4 you need to run pretty much, if you want to kill mobs with AoE skills, your skills would not be so effective as it would be in WT4 (In WT, you need run less, but XP is nearly the same, you just need to kill a bit more (what does it means to kill 10 more mobs with AoE attacks? Yes, its nothing).
    So in MY opinion without any "Trolling" WT4 is better for sorcerers and KT4 is better for rogues.

!I do not want to make any drama here or ruin this good guide, I just want to say my own opinion!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I don't need numbers. They are already posted and the research conclusive. BTW over half the respondants on this thread are pro mages.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Actually neither set gives xp.

To test witches without anything else involved, use the very beginning of Watchers Tomb 3. There are 3 witches there that you can fight without triggering any other mobs.

There are a lot of mobs that spawn from the floor if you go slowly. These mobs are not witch spawns, but can be mistaken for them, which is why people sometimes think witch mobs give exp.

Probably about the same for essences, but definitely Kraag for xp, and you can get crates too.

Ravagerx uses Kraag.
    Oh ok thank you is the Mobs of WT4 is more than the Mobs of KT4?
    PERSEVERANCE and HARDWORK Propels SUCCESS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

There's no witches in Kraag, and no zombies (no no nasty Skratch jumping out to kill ya). It's goblin town.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Here is the data so far. I'll collect more today.

Wt4:
    4:24, 235 kills --> 235 k/264 s = 0.89 k/s
    4:09, 235 kills --> 0.94 k/s
    4:40, 236 kills --> 0.84 k/s

Kt4:
    2:27, 139 kills --> 139 k/147 s = 0.95 k/s
    2:38, 140 kills --> 0.88 k/s
    2:32, 140 kills --> 0.92 k/s

So far they are about even. But we'll see over a larger sample size. Some key points to mention as others already have... there are three bosses in kt. Each can drop crates. It also requires far fewer pots on average in kraag tombs.

In reality though, its really a matter of preference. They ate very close in terms of xp/kill per time.
    Last edited by Rare; 07-15-2014 at 05:25 AM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

There's no witches in Kraag, and no zombies (no no nasty Skratch jumping out to kill ya). It's goblin town.
    Skratch always ruins a run. So, yes to KT4 for not having him randomly pop in for a kill.

Some mages I talked to prefer wt4 because they don't like having to wait for mobs to gather when they can just spam skills along the way. For a rogue, however, kt4 is extremely efficient and pot-friendly.

Sent from this iPhone which seems stuck to my hands...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rare View Post
    Here is the data so far. I'll collect more today.

Wt4:
    4:24, 235 kills --> 235 k/264 s = 0.89 k/s
    4:09, 235 kills --> 0.94 k/s
    4:40, 236 kills --> 0.84 k/s

Kt4:
    2:27, 139 kills --> 139 k/147 s = 0.95 k/s
    2:38, 140 kills --> 0.88 k/s
    2:32, 140 kills --> 0.92 k/s

So far they are about even. But we'll see over a larger sample size. Some key points to mention as others already have... there are three bosses in kt. Each can drop crates. It also requires far fewer pots on average in kraag tombs.

In reality though, its really a matter of preference. They ate very close in terms of xp/kill per time.
    DId you kill the bosses, or no?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

DId you kill the bosses, or no?
    No, none of these are boss kills. Well, not the end boss in KT4 anyway. Those other bosses usually get killed in cross fire.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Coolio.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Don't want to post a view at a thread, where the thread poster shows no respect to the ones against the thread.
    For xp
    Kt4 good for solo
    Wt4 good for party.
    Well with 7day xp+ combo+ normal xp elixir, I get 820xp per run in wt4. Run takes 4.00 mins.
    In kt4, With those xp elixirs, I get 420 xp in 2.30mins.
    If you can do further mathematics, you'll see that which one gives better xp output/min

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Please read the entire initial post. We have the numbers showing how much exp / time each run gives. There are many reasons one is better than the other on top of this.

Plus, even devs use Kraag

Name:  devs.png
Views: 350
Size:  532.9 KB
    Last edited by Serancha; 07-18-2014 at 11:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

We have a very well put together guide here. This guide is how I capped my toon. I just wish it could be kept as a good guide thread and all this non sense would stop. Some people feel that their way is better than others. This is natural in life. It doesn't mean that you need to go out and make a point of putting others down that don't share your view point. I can't blame an OP when they are defensive towards people that are attacking their thread. There is plenty more space to post a new thread in the guide section. If you have a method that you feel is superior, or even just different, then I suggest it be brought forth under a new thread.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigboyblue For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyblue View Post
    We have a very well put together guide here. This guide is how I capped my toon. I just wish it could be kept as a good guide thread and all this non sense would stop. Some people feel that their way is better than others. This is natural in life. It doesn't mean that you need to go out and make a point of putting others down that don't share your view point. I can't blame an OP when they are defensive towards people that are attacking their thread. There is plenty more space to post a new thread in the guide section. If you have a method that you feel is superior, or even just different, then I suggest it be brought forth under a new thread.
    Neither me, nor Ishtmeet said that this thread is bad. We are just giving out numbers that KT4 is good for solo and since its hard to find GOOD party for WT4 peoples prefer KT4..
    And since we both like xp runs with party, we prefer WT4..
    Its my last post, since as Ishtmeet said we have no respect for our opinion in this thread even with all these numbers..

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Syberg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

This guide was made in March. The point was made back then. Why you are deciding to make an issue of it months after it's been established, without reading the entire guide, is why your opinions are not getting the respect you are hoping for. I respect people who make informed comments with all the facts, but it was clear you had never even run kraag, since you said you needed to go into all the rooms to pull the mobs. If you read the guide and ran the map, you would know this is not the case.

The guide is also not based on opinions, and while it's nice to have those, that is not the purpose of this guide. This isn't a debate, but an information resource. What people do with it is up to them - the guide provides people the ability to make informed decisions. People saying they prefer WT4 is not useful to this discussion, because it is an opinion. The numbers were posted with the guide, so the information you provided is not adding to anything here. If you like wt4 that much, then feel free to make your own guide, but the nasty comments are uncalled for and out of line.
    Last edited by Serancha; 07-19-2014 at 04:29 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

22.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #118
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Hey guys! Let's make sure that we are keeping on topic and friendly.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arpluvial For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Syberg View Post
    Neither me, nor Ishtmeet said that this thread is bad. We are just giving out numbers that KT4 is good for solo and since its hard to find GOOD party for WT4 peoples prefer KT4..
    And since we both like xp runs with party, we prefer WT4..
    Its my last post, since as Ishtmeet said we have no respect for our opinion in this thread even with all these numbers..
    Leave it!
    Cheers
    No need to prove what's wrong or right. We know, that's all what matters.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Ishtmeet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    If your way is so great, go put in the time and effort to make a guide for WT4, just as Serancha did here. Others, including myself and probably Serancha, will be supportive of it. Proving you are right by disproving another person is wrong and is counterproductive. In other words, what you're basically saying to anyone who reads this thread is that this is all wrong, yet you don't want to put together a guide for the "correct" way, which is of no help to anyone, ever.

There's no reason that Serancha should even have to defend this great thread against you or syberg. Put up a guide for WT4, make sure to post run times and XP gain and let others decide. At the end of the day, looking at the big picture, in the grand scheme of playing this game, the difference between the two will be negligible. You cap from 36 to 41 in a day, so I don't see what you're making a fuss about, but at least there is a guide here for new players. If you truly want to have the last word, do it the right way and start a new thread called WT4 Guide. Peace!
    Lol who said this thread is wrong? If you don't know what I opposed, don't write anything. I've even thanked this thread. This discussion started in the last 40th post where serancha said, you don't get xp from floor spawns and those floor spawns are not because of witches.
    For you: go in wt4, km3, hauntled and kill that witch in one hit and see whether those mobs spawn? And then again check it by waiting. Those floor spawns give xp and kill as well. That's the second set of mobs that spawn which don't give kill or xp.
    Peace!