Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Interacting with customers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Interacting with customers

DEVELOPERS PLEASE READ: I have been on the Facebook page for a while, and for an up and coming game, its the gamers that keep this alive. I have posted various issues, and suggestions but no one has every replied. In order for this game to be a well loved game, the developers need to love their customers... paying or non paying. You guys need to start interacting with us and help us to want to stay, listen to what the gamers want. We are suggesting because we love the game and we want to improve it and stick to it. Normally especially on an iPad app if someone doesn't like it, its as easy as deleting that app.. but these people haven't, they complain and give suggestions and the reason is because they don't want to leave. Just interact with us.. thats all we ask. For some of us, we like to take this game just as seriously as any subscription mmo.

Just to confirm, i am in love with this game and i am a geeky role play gamer, i love it and never want it to end.. and for this reason, i feel there should be more interaction on the Facebook page, many people may not know about the forum and Facebook is their only way to contact.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

They interact at a high level on forums

If people don't know about it, they can. I don't look at the Facebook page, but I'm willing to bet it mentions the forums.

This is just a suggestion, take it or leave it... but your message comes off as kind of demanding. I, personally, really don't like it when people make demands to me. They're human too and I suspect they feel the same way. Even though they'll never say it. While you may be right, maybe a lot of players would benefit from activity on facebook, the delivery might be a little on the negative side.

STS is the first game developer I've ever seen that is so receptive to customer feedback. This is one of the reasons I continue to play their games actively after so many years.
    Last edited by Rare; 03-25-2014 at 10:52 AM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Why Facebook? You have these awesome forums. There are links to forums from both game and Facebook page. Interact? these are the best way to interact. The devs DIRECTLY interact with players and settle their problems. It is not possible to introduce every suggestion. Most of the suggestions are ridiculous and not important too and there are also very good suggestions. If people don't how to use things they have to learn them instead of complaining
    p.s: sorry for my English
    Last edited by CrazyTank; 03-25-2014 at 11:01 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,015 Posts

Come on and hang at the forums! Devs and mods regularly visit the chat box and reply to threads we have posted, especially suggestions. We would love to have your input here.

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Facebook is kind of a PITA to have a recurring conversation. Either that or I'm just getting old. I'm rather attached to good 'ol forum interaction.

Thanks for the kind words too
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

You're not old, Sam

There are just so many types of social media to interact on these days, that it would be a logistical nightmare to keep discussions going on all of them. The forum is a central information hub, with Facebook as a type of highlight reel. The forum is also mobile optimized, so friendly to all users.

Having discussions on Facebook means revealing your true identity also, which would alienate all the players who want to keep their first and last names to themselves (and don't want to make a fake fb account). There's a lot of creepos online - privacy is the best policy.

And I like forums too.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.