Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Dragonbone Daggers vs Magmatic Daggers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Default Dragonbone Daggers vs Magmatic Daggers

STG,

Is it possible to maybe buff or change the dragonbone daggers to a different version listed in the Dragkin teeth seller? Currently the Magmatic daggers of tactics compared to the dragonbone daggers of tactics make the dragonbone daggers look very lacking and not worth the 125 dragkin tooth price. It would be nice to have a fun choice between the new teeth gear and the elite dropped gear.

As a suggestion : Dragonbone daggers of brutality would be a nice replacement with their stats only being a little behind (almost equal) to the new magmatic daggers of brutality. Attached below is an image showing the two new daggers of tactics with 0 gear equiped - it should be noted that the time needed to get the new dragonbone daggers is incredibly high, whereas the 41 magmatic blades of tactics are already at a low of 400,000 gold in the auction house. And I would guess 25% less to 30% less by the end of the weekend. Give us more reasons to farm all over! I would love to decide between several weapons depending on the situation, I know everyone would - win win all the way around.

Name:  COMPARISON.jpg
Views: 866
Size:  830.9 KB

Thanks STG!

Rogue community I'm asking for your support!
    ORIGINAL ART BY CARLOS ORTEGA ELIZALDE
    46 R/W/M | <E N I G M A T I C> | CARROTS

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jexetta For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Yes, buff those 125tooth items making them worth it to be acquired.
    I find it not worth to farm 125tooth and just getting a less decent item than those on crates or dropped by boss.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cero For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

They look so cool, except the stats suck...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Solid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Agreed

They shouldn't be as good as magmatic of brutality because ofc. they are elite items and these are shop bought even though hardish to obtain. still a shop bought item so they should maybe be buffed to potency/brutality but should Not be on par with the best elite daggers.
    If they get buffed i'd still be tempted to use them even if its a few damage less because. they look like razorbacks xD
    The sad part about forum boards is you'll get people mad by necro'ing threads. But they'll get equally mad if you make a new thread asking the same question of the necro'd thread.

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

We have been discussing this internally as well. I can't make any promises, but we are considering the idea, with any action on this resulting in daggers that are not on par with the Elite daggers. Elite daggers would still be the superior ones.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    They look so cool, except the stats suck...
    The sorcerer staff looks bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    We have been discussing this internally as well. I can't make any promises, but we are considering the idea, with any action on this resulting in daggers that are not on par with the Elite daggers. Elite daggers would still be the superior ones.
    Maybe add an elite version of these daggers to the teeth store for more teeth and comparable stats to those of the elites.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Solid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Agreed Jexi , but I think the issue has more to do with the high teeth amount required. Not worth it imo...
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    The sorcerer staff looks bad.
    Yes, please buff sorcerer staff and warrior sword too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Thanks for the reply Carapace!

At the end of the day if you do a little math to calculate how long it would take to save up for these they should be pretty awesome.

Say you have a 20% chance of getting a dragkin tooth from a boss in a normal map - it would average out to about 625 tindirin runs, averaging 5 minutes per run, that's 52 hours of farming.

Say you have a 33% chance of getting a dragkin tooth from a boss in an elite map - it would average out to about 375 tindirin runs, averaging 12 minutes per run, that's 75 hours of farming. If you go the elite route of acquiring teeth odds are you're going to get several elite magmatic daggers in the process.

I'm guessing a lot at the numbers - but I think very few people or maybe 0 people will be using these. At the moment the magmatic daggers of riposite which have relatively close stats to the dragonbone daggers of tactics are selling for 60,000 gold. In terms of crates to gold prices - that's 6 crates (selling at 10,000 gold a crate) which you can farm in about an hour at km3 or jarl @ brackenridge. Comparatively then, you can get then the elite daggers in 1 hour (albeit the worst version), and the dragonbone daggers in either 52 hours or 75 hours depending.
    Last edited by Jexetta; 03-28-2014 at 03:28 PM.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jexetta For This Useful Post:

Senior Member TheMightyFeusalet's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

i dont get it, it is so much easier to get elite daggers then daggers bought with 125 tooths please consider this and make te dragonbone better ten elite please!

Join enigmatic, the best pve guild in al! We are Enigmatic, we are ONE!
    Want a sig (for free) pm me on forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jexetta View Post
    Thanks for the reply Carapace!

At the end of the day if you do a little math to calculate how long it would take to save up for these they should be pretty awesome.

Say you have a 20% chance of getting a dragkin tooth from a boss in a normal map - it would average out to about 625 tindirin runs, averaging 5 minutes per run, that's 52 hours of farming.

Say you have a 33% chance of getting a dragkin tooth from a boss in an elite map - it would average out to about 375 tindirin runs, averaging 12 minutes per run, that's 75 hours of farming. If you go the elite route of acquiring teeth odds are you're going to get several elite magmatic daggers in the process.

I'm guessing a lot at the numbers - but I think very few people or maybe 0 people will be using these. At the moment the magmatic daggers of riposite which have relatively close stats to the dragonbone daggers of tactics are selling for 60,000 gold. In terms of crates to gold prices - that's 6 crates (selling at 10,000 gold a crate) which you can farm in about an hour at km3 or jarl @ brackenridge. Comparatively then, you can get then the elite daggers in 1 hour (albeit the worst version), and the dragonbone daggers in either 52 hours or 75 hours depending.
    12 minutes per elite run and 5 minutes for a normal one? Maybe with a highly trained pro team with maxed gear. Or for a solo rogue on steroids.

Most decently skilled teams are running these elite maps in 17-22 minutes, and about 8 minutes for a normal one.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jexetta View Post
    lets think of average players and make it 30 min per elite run (The wilds) ? lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

I was just throwing numbers out there - but lets say 30 minute then :

Say you have a 33% chance of getting a dragkin tooth from a boss in an elite map - it would average out to about 375 tindirin runs, averaging 30 minutes per run, that's 187 hours of farming!

I guess I'm saying, if the equivalent of an entire month of full time employment working 40 hours a week (and overtime) is daggers that have stats worse than daggers you can afford after doing probably less than 1 hour of crate farming something is surely not right. The work needed to get the teeth gear / dragon bar is so high that it makes them a no go unless you're buying them just to sell in hopes someone just wants them for vanity sake. And even then, you're better off buying a dragonite bar, selling that and follow it up by buying last seasons mythic weapon. The weapons from the teeth seller just don't make any sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Underscore Estimate 187 hours of farming teeth to get daggers worse than elite daggers.

Compare

187 hours farming crates @ 5 crates an hour on average = 935 crates x 10,000 gold (sell) = 9 million gold

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

any updates on this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

The proc on these daggers seems far superior to the magma daggers. But yes, the stats are not as good. AoE stun plus armor reduction starts to sound like the maul proc a little. How often do they proc? Could be really good in PvP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Ya dragonbone could use a buff to it's stats. Maybe from tactics to potency?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Agreed
    #200 posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

My take on this is that the effort required to purchase the Dragonbone Daggers (with teeth, not gold :-/) is exceedingly more difficult that what is needed to loot Magmatic Blades.

Because of this, I honestly feel that the Dragonbone Daggers should be substantially better than the Magma blades. The stats and capability of the item should reflect the difficulty in acquiring it.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

27. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post: