Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buffing Arcane Shield

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

sts should really remove the potion delay/cooldown...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    Pvp perspective: A big no no from me. Shield is already OP as it is. Mages have more survivalility than a warrior. On a mage, I can hardly do more than 600~ dmg non-crit whereas on a warrior I can do about 700+ non-crit. The arcane shield, with the right upgrades can easily triple a mages survivability.
    Whatever you are smoking, I need some. Mages are more powerful than someone with double armour and double my hp because of a shield that last a few seconds?

You are correct that shield triples make survivability.. although that isn't saying much seeing a mythic mage's life expectancy is one unchanged rogue shot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nesox:1550714
    Pvp perspective: A big no no from me. Shield is already OP as it is. Mages have more survivalility than a warrior. On a mage, I can hardly do more than 600~ dmg non-crit whereas on a warrior I can do about 700+ non-crit. The arcane shield, with the right upgrades can easily triple a mages survivability.
    Whatever you are smoking, I need some. Mages are more powerful than someone with double armour and double my hp because of a shield that last a few seconds?

You are correct that shield triples make survivability.. although that isn't saying much seeing a mythic mage's life expectancy is one unchanged rogue shot.
    Sorry, typing error, I meant Mages have more survivability than warriors WITH arcane shield. If the shield is made a shorter CD, it can be used more often. Isnt that a on/off warrior that does 450-500 dmg? Tell me that isn't OP, and I'll have what you're smoking.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Mages have more survivalility than a warrior.
    You just proof your incompetence with such statements.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali:1550868
    Mages have more survivalility than a warrior.
    You just proof your incompetence with such statements.
    Sorry, typing error, I meant Mages have more survivability than warriors WITH arcane shield. If the shield is made a shorter CD, it can be used more often. Isnt that a on/off warrior that does 450-500 dmg? Tell me that isn't OP?

Refer to the above.

Ps. You're rich hali so lets bet, lets go ingame right now and test this..? I'll put down money on the line.

And incompetent? How so?
    Last edited by Bless; 03-29-2014 at 07:31 PM.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Lol at how every little rogue jumped on this suggestion even though the OP was clearly referring to PvE. There can be changes that affect only one part of the game, y'know.

Spec some STR, learn the pulls for elites. The shield is fine as it is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Roques having 3 - 4k crit is not op, Warrior with 4 survival skills and super armor and hp is not op, so definitely a mage with 15 secs shield should not be op, the shield will not last last 3 seconds when crit by a roque. Right now the most op class are roques and when threads like this starts roque users always complains. 15 secs is not bad since the shield breaks, and really most players in pvp look at the smurfs as food.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Yes I know mages are squishy in PvE. It is just balanced because mages have an edge in PvE(look at LB). All the AoE skills and stuns. If you die too often try with good party. Mages are never meant to tank. According to my build mages have the highest armour in game for like 4 sec. Gale force + sheild.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

For those commenting here, please try out what im saying first, run a mage in elite nordr at least and with 1 warrior. Then also read the whole thread again because from what I've read in the comments so far, it seems that you are not getting me.

though admittedly, I run mostly with pugs, so i cant say for sure if the warrior is lacking or what. But I can say that for the most part, im doing the right thing as a mage. Fireball, clock, ice, shield.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Sorry, typing error, I meant Mages have more survivability than warriors WITH arcane shield. If the shield is made a shorter CD, it can be used more often. Isnt that a on/off warrior that does 450-500 dmg? Tell me that isn't OP?

Refer to the above.

Ps. You're rich hali so lets bet, lets go ingame right now and test this..? I'll put down money on the line.

And incompetent? How so?
    So you say that you can kill a warrior faster with juggeranut+vengeful blood+horn of renew activated than me with shield?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex:1551006
    Lol at how every little rogue jumped on this suggestion even though the OP was clearly referring to PvE. There can be changes that affect only one part of the game, y'know.

Spec some STR, learn the pulls for elites. The shield is fine as it is.
    Yeah, it's not a pve suggestion solely. The OP mentioned that in pvp, mages shield doesnt last the whole 15 seconds - which implies that thy want shield in pvp to be elongated too. And you've been on the forums a lot, its like a neverending buff/nerf fight with the three classes. Balance will be easily toppled if sts buffs or nerfs.

Mages get buffed -> rogues wont stand a chance
    Rogues get buffed -> mages wont stand a chance
    Warriors get nerfed -> get owned by the other classes

Didnt you see how lots of warriors didnt like the following suggestion? Because they will die a lot as a result of neverending mana.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...for-Mana-Rouge

Quote Originally Posted by Meguy:1551045
    Roques having 3 - 4k crit is not op, Warrior with 4 survival skills and super armor and hp is not op, so definitely a mage with 15 secs shield should not be op, the shield will not last last 3 seconds when crit by a roque. Right now the most op class are roques and when threads like this starts roque users complains. 15 secs is not bad since the shield breaks, and really most players in pvp look at the smurfs as food.
    Food? Far from food. Scenerio: A mage can easily 3 shot me with a crit, and thats the thing, their stun is so long and definate that I can't even drop packs before they execute the full combo. Only maxed rogues hit 4k. You want to make the mage an on/off warrior and they will own rogues....STG gave you the highest dmg and at the same timethe lowest survivability FOR A REASON.

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali:1551635
    So you say that you can kill a warrior faster with juggeranut+vengeful blood+horn of renew activated than me with shield?
    I never said that :P, I only said the following:

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird:1549868
    On a mage, I can hardly do more than 600~ dmg non-crit aimed shot whereas on a warrior I can do about 700+ non-crit aimed shot. The arcane shield, with the right upgrades can easily triple a mages survivability.
    Want to test it? C: Also, I am incompetent how so?
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

I actually wish the cooldown was just 40 seconds instead of 45. WHENEVER I vs a warrior, my shield ALWAYS!!! is ALMOST finished cooling down...then I die.

Playing sorcerer in PvP is just awful.. You can kill a rogue (maybe.) but then they respawn and kill you back when you don't have shield lol..

I play both sorcerer and rogue, and sorcerer is by no means survivable even with shield. Rogues can crit about 1/4 of my health even with shield, and I am probably the highest health sorc in my bracket at around 2400 health @ L24

The other issue is our heal is beyond terrible. Mine heals about 50% of my health. Is that even useful? By the time I need to use heal, my shield would probably break anyway, and 50% health won't save me. I might as well just keep attacking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadJudge:1551992
    I actually wish the cooldown was just 40 seconds instead of 45. WHENEVER I vs a warrior, my shield ALWAYS!!! is ALMOST finished cooling down...then I die.

Playing sorcerer in PvP is just awful.. You can kill a rogue (maybe.) but then they respawn and kill you back when you don't have shield lol..

I play both sorcerer and rogue, and sorcerer is by no means survivable even with shield. Rogues can crit about 1/4 of my health even with shield, and I am probably the highest health sorc in my bracket at around 2400 health @ L24

The other issue is our heal is beyond terrible. Mine heals about 50% of my health. Is that even useful? By the time I need to use heal, my shield would probably break anyway, and 50% health won't save me. I might as well just keep attacking.
    Heal % is in your control. If you have more damage, your heals will be better.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Yeah, it's not a pve suggestion solely. The OP mentioned that in pvp, mages shield doesnt last the whole 15 seconds - which implies that thy want shield in pvp to be elongated too. And you've been on the forums a lot, its like a neverending buff/nerf fight with the three classes. Balance will be easily toppled if sts buffs or nerfs.

Mages get buffed -> rogues wont stand a chance
    Rogues get buffed -> mages wont stand a chance
    Warriors get nerfed -> get owned by the other classes

Didnt you see how lots of warriors didnt like the following suggestion? Because they will die a lot as a result of neverending mana.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...for-Mana-Rouge

Food? Far from food. Scenerio: A mage can easily 3 shot me with a crit, and thats the thing, their stun is so long and definate that I can't even drop packs before they execute the full combo. Only maxed rogues hit 4k. You want to make the mage an on/off warrior and they will own rogues....STG gave you the highest dmg and at the same timethe lowest survivability FOR A REASON.

I never said that :P, I only said the following:

Want to test it? C: Also, I am incompetent how so?
    Oh yea, mages got better survivalility with using skills than a non moving warrior, or the best is even not on the map.

Have you ever played as a mage in pvp?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

In pvp, a mage vs rogue match doesnt last 15 seconds anyway so whats the fuss all about? In a group match, a mage, more often than not, dies within 15 seconds unless they run and abandon their team when their shield breaks, so again, whats the fuss all about?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

This is wrong. You can only increase damage at the expensive of STR. By doing so lowers your health and weakens your shield. You boost STR you get more health but it lowers your damage so life giver recovers less health. But basically its a zero sum game because if you boost your damage, you are getting more percentage wise because you have less health. So it only looks more impressive then it is because the health bar only shows as a percentage. In reality they should nerf rogue packs. They are always 90% regardless of rogue damage. They should tie rogue packs to damage so if they add STR and lower damage it recovers less.

I suggest mage's don't use life giver in PvP or PvE. Force rogues to spec more INT and use lower damage mana pets. You will die anyways by the time you need to use life giver so its not helping you. Its better to spec as much STR as you can to improve your shield. And stay close to a warrior so you get hit by horn and steal a rogue pack or two. All that matters is number of kills right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    This is wrong. You can only increase damage at the expensive of STR. By doing so lowers your health and weakens your shield. You boost STR you get more health but it lowers your damage so life giver recovers less health. But basically its a zero sum game because if you boost your damage, you are getting more percentage wise because you have less health. So it only looks more impressive then it is because the health bar only shows as a percentage. In reality they should nerf rogue packs. They are always 90% regardless of rogue damage. They should tie rogue packs to damage so if they add STR and lower damage it recovers less.

I suggest mage's don't use life giver in PvP or PvE. Force rogues to spec more INT and use lower damage mana pets. You will die anyways by the time you need to use life giver so its not helping you. Its better to spec as much STR as you can to improve your shield. And stay close to a warrior so you get hit by horn and steal a rogue pack or two. All that matters is number of kills right?
    Yeah, it's like the mages mana heal, it heals the same mana on all three classes but it looks like the other classes get way more.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Heal only as fifth in PvP. Unless you're really skillful with curse and shield.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by otb View Post
    In pvp, a mage vs rogue match doesnt last 15 seconds anyway so whats the fuss all about? In a group match, a mage, more often than not, dies within 15 seconds unless they run and abandon their team when their shield breaks, so again, whats the fuss all about?
    This.

So STS pls consider my suggestion.. It would affect PvE survivability of mages greatly.

As for PvP the only thing that it would affect is that a mage can't be hunted down right away after enemy respawn after the mage wins a duel. Thats all I can see there, which shouldnt be the case in the first place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

STG gave you the highest dmg and at the same timethe lowest survivability FOR A REASON.
    On stats we have the highest damage. But in fact rogues do. The average rogue and mage roughly have the same hp (3300-ish). The damage on rogues is about 450 at level 41 and about 500 for mage. The big difference is that rogues crit goes up to 60%-65%. This doesnt compare with 25%-30% crit. And also bear in mind 25% armour reduction so we abosrb more damage from the first aimed shot is fired. -.-" so rogues have a max 2/3 chance to crit whereas mages have a less than 1/3 chance to crit, bear in mind also that rogues crit do higher damage than mages. So here is really how things stand:

Rogues: highest damage - medium survivability
    Mage: medium damage - weak survivability
    Warrior: medium damage - highest survivability

Also....

the thing, their stun is so long and definate that I can't even drop packs before they execute the full combo.
    A normal bow shot stuns the same duration as a fireball so umm...... yea.... the only difference in mages stun is AOE.