Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PvE tank build

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    Every player has a different playstyle therefore you might develop a different build for tanking.

Hector's build works great for him and I have no qualms about it when running. He does a damn good job with it and never dies on trash in Elite Tindirin.

So my suggestion for you is to find what works for YOU and not follow a specific players build.
    I try to only suggest what I have seen works best. However, if I do see a falsity I try to point it out so others aren't misinformed. At one point, twinks believed SS dealt higher damage over time than Axe throw because one guy claimed it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    I try to only suggest what I have seen works best. However, if I do see a falsity I try to point it out so others aren't misinformed. At one point, twinks believed SS dealt higher damage over time than Axe throw because one guy claimed it.
    LOL@SS > AT. He must have been pulling nonsense out of his you know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    LOL@SS > AT. He must have been pulling nonsense out of his you know.
    He had gear, not skill. For the record, SS is the lowest damage over time warrior skill in the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

25 Int and 10 Dex doesn't make up for a skill that adds 50 str, 25% damage, and 25% crit chance
    but we can only put 4 skills at same time...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by toughenn View Post
    but we can only put 4 skills at same time...
    Firstly, my post was typed to point out a false claim that 25 extra int and 10 extra dex base stats doesn't deal more damage overtime than having VB speced.

On the idea of a four skill versus a more than four skill spec: ypu can remap skills when necessary. I am, quite successfully, using a 6 skill spec at level 41. I use a basic map of HoR, VB, SS, and WM which I can substitute the skills Jugg and Axe into where desired. Usually SS is taken out and Jugg or Axe added in it place. Jugg is used in the when tanking a difficult elite map and Axe is used at boss fights. With a wide range of skills I am prepared for most situations.

Adaptability is a huge factor in this game. And I don't think "throw away passives" as I call any passive that has a less than 5% over time affect on damage, taunt, or survivability (in the case of warriors) are a better use of points than additional skills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

why no one try JC? give lots of dodge and with dam reduce pet can have 10%dmg reduce. jugg is nice but cd is too long and cost lots mana.
    too bad shield in this game don't give block, and there are no parry like WOW...
    and this game is not really need a "tank" to tank, cuz all those taunt skill are suck, can't hold aggro for long.... you just need a good skilled party to do elite.
    warr go in first follow by mange->stun>root>froze follow by rouge.
    your key is mage they know what to do, warr just try to hold aggro and don't die in when def skill are in CD...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by toughenn View Post
    why no one try JC? give lots of dodge and with dam reduce pet can have 10%dmg reduce. jugg is nice but cd is too long and cost lots mana.
    too bad shield in this game don't give block, and there are no parry like WOW...
    and this game is not really need a "tank" to tank, cuz all those taunt skill are suck, can't hold aggro for long.... you just need a good skilled party to do elite.
    warr go in first follow by mange->stun>root>froze follow by rouge.
    your key is mage they know what to do, warr just try to hold aggro and don't die in when def skill are in CD...
    1) dodge in this game is absolutely bazaar to me. Rogues can have a 40% dodge chance and still get hit well over 90% of the time.

2) In practice, RC is the worst skill in the game. The only added benefit that is worth anything in elite is the armor buff which is lower that that of bombs (a rogue skill every rogue should have for elite).

-RC was a very good skill in season 1 but had lost almost all popularity by season 2 after passive was introduced. This is because a reconfiguration of how the affects of dodge and armor were calculated.

-RC is extremely hard to use since, in a proper party, DPS/Damage dealing characters are often standing several paces away and out of the range of RC.

-I use Jugg for the self heal mainly. Jugg keeps me alive in elite when needed, RC doesnt. In my experience, it helps you farm ribbit eggs faster because of the extra movement speed.

3) AL is not WoW. Tanks most actively move to maintain aggro in AL and even then can't hold aggro permanently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

25 Int and 10 Dex doesn't make up for a skill that adds 50 str, 25% damage, and 25% crit chance
    Yes Yes, I may have exaggerated, which is probably not what I should have done. what I should have probably said was that while yes, you do gain 50 STR and 500HP from casting VB (along with the increased heal from HoR and aggro) I think the damage reduction from Jugg probably (probably) absorbs more than the combined healing and bonus damage you get from VB+HOR. I could once again be smoking something as I say this, but from what I have experienced so far, the build works ok. I've actually switched yet again to something else, which i'll keep to myself for the time being

At least warriors are in demand again
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hectororius View Post
    Yes Yes, I may have exaggerated, which is probably not what I should have done. what I should have probably said was that while yes, you do gain 50 STR and 500HP from casting VB (along with the increased heal from HoR and aggro) I think the damage reduction from Jugg probably (probably) absorbs more than the combined healing and bonus damage you get from VB+HOR. individually, yes. The over all HP return from a VB+HoR combo is much higher since HoR heals the whole party and has a shorter cool down than Jugg. I could once again be smoking something as I say this, but from what I have experienced so far, the build works ok. I never said it was a bad build. I just wanted to point out that one inaccuracy. I've actually switched yet again to something else, which i'll keep to myself for the time being

At least warriors are in demand again I know, right?
    Response is in bold.