Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Elite Maps are SOOOO HARDDDDD!!!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default Elite Maps are SOOOO HARDDDDD!!!!

I see everyone complaining about how hard these new elite maps are. I too have become frustrated a few times, once having died about 30 times during a run on map #5 that took over an hour, only to loot a green "rare" item and no teeth.

Whether or not to make these maps easier is a big dilemma... If they make the maps easier, then the elite magma items are going to go WAY DOWN in price. Yes, we will then be able to run these maps in 10-15 minutes instead of 30-60 minutes, but it will no longer be possible to loot a top magma weapon worth 2-3m. Instead the best items will be worth 300-500k like was the case in elite shuyal last season. Right now if you get any sort of magma item on elite maps 2-5 (not counting "the wilds" as that map is already pretty easy), it is worth 500k+. Last season in elite shuyal, you could loot an architect item that was worth 5k. It happened to me quite often and was discouraging to say the last.

After thinking about it all evening, I think they should keep it hard. While it becomes frustrating at times, and it does force us to make a decision about how much we care about PvE deaths, I do think there is a certain amount of excitement in the possibility of looting a really pricey item. If the best I can do is loot an item worth 500k, and there is a possibility I could re-roll to a legendary item worth only 5k, I probably would not bother running elites much. But with the possibility of looting items worth 2m+, it keeps me out there. Even if it means I die a ton and I only have time to run 2 or 3 elites each day, it still keeps the game more exciting.

Also, as the season progresses, they are going to release newer and better weapons, including new mythics. And those will boost our stats and make these dungeons a bit easier. So I suggest everyone have some patience and do your best. Remember there is no leaderboard for KDR, only for kills. So enjoy these hard dungeons, and if you die a ton like I do, just get back up and keep trying. Maybe you will get lucky and strike it rich!

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post: