Thread: About Platinum Revival

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default About Platinum Revival

Based on my experience I need to revive at the spot where i died but since im not a plat user i couldnt be i suggest maybe it would be fair if it would be also purchasable with gold like 1plat=3-5k and 5plat=15-20k.
    Loved by few, Hated by many, Feared by all.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Prayed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

There's a thin line to your suggestion that could impact the prices of mythics and arcanes. If sts allows plats to be purchased with golds, this would allow everyone to open crates and if that happens cs will be flooded with mythics and arcanes. Make the revival purchasable by gold but make sure plats can't be. There should also be a limit as to how many times you can revive per elite run so as not to make it too easy.
    AFROBUG
    ELITE RUNNERS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

1plat=3-5k and 5plat=15-20k?
    Who do you think will ever buy plats with real money again?

If for plat you meant "revival"
    I still don't agree because nobody will buy plat to revive anymore.

Even though i totally don't like the idea of removing a good plat draining system like the revivals and making AL more and more locked crates centered just because players don't want to revive at base[....]

Anyway this is better:

50 pieces of revival= 500 story tokens.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 03-31-2014 at 05:46 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Anarchist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

I agree with making the revival purchasable with golds provided there should be a limit like say once or twice per elite run maybe and after that if you die again you either have to revive with plat or run back from the beginning.
    AFROBUG
    ELITE RUNNERS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I mean revival purchasable with gold not plats purchasable with gold
    Loved by few, Hated by many, Feared by all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I don't think revives with gold will have as much of an impact on plat usage as you'd think. Especially for those that do not have a great amount of gold. Consider this:

Lets say you have a decent party (not great, just ok, which I assume is quite common). Then, lets say the revive costs between 5k and 10k a pop. In a "decent" party, let say you die 10 times in an elite map (including the boss). So, per run, you're looking at between 50k and 100k gold spent. Add on top of that the amount that is being spend on pots.

I seriously don't think too many people are going to be spamming gold revives. Consider doing 10 elite runs. We're talking between 500k and 1m in revives. 5-10k doesn't seem like much, but when you add it up over time, it is. I still think those with a lot of plat will still often choose to spend 1 plat for a revive.

This is just my opinion, but I think gold revives are a REAL and significant gold sink. And its truly a gold sink that is for convenience. Not like pots which are simply a required expense nowadays.

By the way. There is already a thread about this in the suggestions forum. Check it out here
    Last edited by Rare; 03-31-2014 at 07:28 AM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    I don't think revives with gold will have as much of an impact on plat usage as you'd think. Especially for those that do not have a great amount of gold. Consider this:

Lets say you have a decent party (not great, just ok, which I assume is quite common). Then, lets say the revive costs between 5k and 10k a pop. In a "decent" party, let say you die 10 times in an elite map (including the boss). So, per run, you're looking at between 50k and 100k gold spent. Add on top of that the amount that is being spend on pots.

I seriously don't think too many people are going to be spamming gold revives. Consider doing 10 elite runs. We're talking between 500k and 1m in revives. 5-10k doesn't seem like much, but when you add it up over time, it is. I still think those with a lot of plat will still often choose to spend 1 plat for a revive.

This is just my opinion, but I think gold revives are a REAL and significant gold sink. And its truly a gold sink that is for convenience. Not like pots which are simply a required expense nowadays.

By the way. There is already a thread about this in the suggestions forum. Check it out here

Any player even with a random pug will use his money to revive in spot if he is at the boss except everyone died.(think about it).

What actually i am "worried" about are those players who have plat and are willing to use them for revives:
    1. A player that uses plat to revive in spot most certainly is rich and knows what he is doing.
    2. If he notice that he can revive with gold instead of plats he will never ever care about burning his plats on revive anymore.
    3. Players with plats are the ones owning elites for now so technically are the ones doing more runs. If you buy elixir it is certainly in your interest to use it.

What i am trying to say in essence is give the system a gold to revive thingy and nobody will spend a single plat to revive in spot ever again.
    Or players revive with gold or the revive at base.

I hope you understood. XD

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Anarchist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I understand what you're saying. But I disagree is all. People will still use plat to revive. I would. If we're talking 100 plat or 1m gold (at 10k per revive). I'd spend the plat still. At 5k, I'd probably still spend the plat most of the time.

As for reviving at the base, I don't think that matters here. People already do that, so adding a gold rev option wouldn't change whether they revive in place or at the start. We're talking specifically about what currency can be used.

The major concern, IMO, is preventing the gold rev from becoming an easy way to suck in elite and still make gold. By setting the cost high enough it will encourage people to use it as recourse as opposed to using it as a crutch.
    Last edited by Rare; 03-31-2014 at 09:06 AM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

I prefer engineer that revives me on the spot. Thats it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It just won't happen, I know it would be nice but nope.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

The reason why the PL economy is what it is today is because of a lack of gold sink. If AL is the "true successor" to PL, then AL cannot take the same path as PL's economy. Right now the main "gold sinks" in AL are potions, which will turn the economy even worse as there are way more gold going into circulation then sinking. I give a +1 to this idea, because the more gold sinks in the game the better to balance out the horrid economy.