Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xanthia's Healing Build 2.0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Xanthia are you sure the buffs are zone wide? I thought they just had a very large radius on them. For instance if you are in the stash and a mage buffs over at the pot vendor, will it reach all the way? I know that the animation doesn't show on a player very far away which is why i ask, but maybe it still effects all players?

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

intresting build Xanthia, and wish you all the best when pvp comes out, i hope it works well for you.

as for my character im gonna see how my paladin plays out in pvp, not being able to use pots worries me tho...

also has pixxie updated his str build for lvl 35 players. cos i copied his lvl 30 build, and then i got all the way up to 35 and sorta made a lvl 35 spinoff of his build

i might post on his thread my build or make a new thread about it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Blessings, as I suspected, are not zone-wide. I just tested and a player outside the expanding circle did not get buffed. Very large radius though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Violentsaint View Post
    intresting build Xanthia, and wish you all the best when pvp comes out, i hope it works well for you.

as for my character im gonna see how my paladin plays out in pvp, not being able to use pots worries me tho...

also has pixxie updated his str build for lvl 35 players. cos i copied his lvl 30 build, and then i got all the way up to 35 and sorta made a lvl 35 spinoff of his build

im sure you can improvise or think of your own way to take the paladin build another 5 levels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Can I ask how magic shield will be useful in PvP? Please understand I am not trying to tear down your setup. I'm sure you have put a lot of thought into this, and that's why I'm asking. Magic shield is barely useful to me in PvE, and with no pots in PvP, I really can't see how anyone could use it at all. Your mana is far more valuable than your health. You are going to be casting a lot of heal, which turns a little mana into a lot of health. As soon as you flip on the shield, you are burning mana that you can only reclaim slowly through regen. Anyway, I would really appreciate hearing the other side of this because I figure I must be missing something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    im sure you can improvise or think of your own way to take the paladin build another 5 levels.
    i have and i posted my lvl 35 build on pixxies thread

i did not post my own thread as i do not want to take credit for the build as i copied the first 30 lvls off pixxie, but from lvl 30-35 ive gone with what i think is best.

feel free to check it out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Violentsaint View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    Can I ask how magic shield will be useful in PvP? Please understand I am not trying to tear down your setup. I'm sure you have put a lot of thought into this, and that's why I'm asking. Magic shield is barely useful to me in PvE, and with no pots in PvP, I really can't see how anyone could use it at all. Your mana is far more valuable than your health. You are going to be casting a lot of heal, which turns a little mana into a lot of health. As soon as you flip on the shield, you are burning mana that you can only reclaim slowly through regen. Anyway, I would really appreciate hearing the other side of this because I figure I must be missing something.
    First, I want to say sorry for not responding quickly, my computer has been in the shop getting repairs and I have not been able to do anything online really. Kinda bumming me out. Anyway to the fun stuff. @ Azrael - BoV and BoM are not zone wide but the range is quite large, and honestly players should not be straying very far anyway. So, the communication and teamwork that the group will require in PVP will be at the utmost importance.

@Royce - Questioning my build is allowed and wanted I love to see differing opinions and it helps me to make the build that much better taking into effect the different approaches that players take. Magic Shield is extremely useful in the game so far. Most players are very unaware and unknowing of when to use it. This skill adds +12 to your Armor for 12 seconds and all damage is deflected to your Mana pool. So, basically you are immune to death for 12 seconds, because when you lose all your mana the spell doesn't stop, you basically just do not take damage any more. But, you might ask well why would I not want mana especially if I am a mage. Good Question! However, if you use Class Appropriate Gear (Intelligence Based, Robes) you should have a very high M/S Percentage, currently I am at +12 M/S. With a regen that high you will be able to heal within 3 seconds, which is faster then the regen of that skill. So you should be able to keep your group alive. If you are smart you will also be running around and not be stationary, because if you are using my build, you can be moving and cast all skills except Revive, so no reason to be stationary because its easier for an enemy to attack you, this goes for PVP and PVE.

I will provide a scenario for you, to effectively use Magic Shield. Level V in Ancient Swamps. I was in a group last night with Nyk and Azrael and DuCiel and we were fighting the boss witch or what ever her name is. Anyway, the tank pulled the boss, and she hit him for 1/3 his health, I healed as I ran toward the boss, healing the tank back to full health, then when I got into de-buff range of the boss, I casted Weakness and Nightmare, then immediately casted Magic Shield, because I knew I had enough M/S to heal and didn't need any more because my debuff job and buff job had already been completed. This is how I stay alive and keep my group alive when fighting the hardest boss in AS. I know that any of those players would agree that with the Mage buffs and debuffs, the mob was much easier to kill and stay alive, and I believe that they would vouch that this approach is very successful and will work time and time again.

If you have any further questions please, feel free to ask!
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom
    Guild Website - www.venom-guild.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm with Xanthia on this one. Magic shield is great, and quite frankly what else are you gonna loose by not getting it?
    Combining Magic shield with debuffs creates a great survival buffer.

@ Xanthia: However if what you say is true about magic shield making you invincible once you run out of mana, i have not had this experience, or it is new in the latest update. When i soloed bosses with my magic shield on and my mana ran out in MMMU, all the damage went back to my health bar. If i potted for more mana it returned to my magic bar for the duration of the 12 seconds. I'll check this again, but you may want to check it as well.
    If magic shield does make you invincible for 12 seconds, it is a bug and requires fixing.
    Last edited by Azrael; 05-09-2010 at 01:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

magic shield deffinetly doesnt make me invincible, again some enemies like the witch they can completely take out my mana shield with one hit. and they take out all my health with another, some of the bosses are just that hard, or maybe ancient swamps is that laggy i cant tell...

also i posted my build on pixxies thread (not sure if i should post my own thread)

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...als-omg!/page8

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

With such a high m/s regen, why do you level revive and the buffs? Since all that does is decrease the mana cost, which should not affect you with your high m/s.

if you dont max these skills you get around 11 points more, which is enough to max two others skills.
    / oh hai~!
    /

IGN: Igglebob , Moondrake

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Love the guide!
    I'm using this for my support enchantress which is looking pretty good!

EDIT: May i ask why DEX is put in?
    Shouldn't INT be maxed in order to obtain the highest M/S possible and largest mana pool so you are able to spam heal and buffs/debuffs?
    I'm a little new to the concept of all this so correct me if i'm wrong.
    Last edited by Away; 06-07-2010 at 06:17 AM.
    Retired PL user.
    Away- Level 37 Support Enchantress
    Dictionary- Level 17 Smart bird
    IGetPooedOn- Level 28 Tank bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Their reasoning is that dex boosts evade and hit% where int will only add so many points to mana becuase of the game mechanics, giving a base mana regen of 3 at around 111 and 4 at around 160, however from what I hear with the new alien oasis str gear giving a total of +20 mana regen, paladin chanters are looking like the ones to go for