Thread: scams and how to avoid them

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Default scams and how to avoid them

Hi xroxinex here this thread is about what scams there are and how to avoid them I will list detailed descriptions

Drop the digits: It is the one where the buyer drops a digit in the trade window....so 1111111 becomes 111111 This is an old scam, but it is still a problem....and will continue to be a problem until commas are added to the trade window. Tips r just to count the numbers carefully

Selling plat:see here's the truth..PLAT CANNOT BE SOLD..I suggest u ignore them.and say plat can't be sold. That's what the buy platinum and free platinum buttons are for
    Example: Person1: says selling plat pm me
    Person2: might say oh I want plat
    Random person: plat can't be sold its a scam
    Person 2: oh thank you!
    Hopefully the victim listens. To the advice given or you will get scammed

Selling gold: GOLD CAN'T BE SOLD idk who would fall for this. you won't even get your gold you'l. Just be giving them. Some what's the point if your trading gold for gold
    Example : person 1:selling GOLD!
    Person 2:I want some gold!
    Random person:it's a scam
    Listen to the random person

Selling account: see here's the thing you can instantly banned for this. Some people might just give it to you some might not. Here's an example
    Person 1 says selling account pm me
    Person 2 says how much you want
    Person 1 says 100k
    Person 2 trades and confirms trade
    Person 2 says what's the info
    Person 1 will either run away or give you the wrong info
    Just lvl. Yourself it's better than being scammed also it says DO NOT SHARE YOUR ACCOUNT INFO!! I advise you to listen to that

CAN I BORROW THIS?: ok so someone asks u to borrow a really expensive item such as black druid. Set.you gig it to he/she and say give it back.in 10 min..they run off and deleted u as friend.. I advise u not to give anyone ur. stuff even people u trust can scam u

Mass boot from guild: ok suppose you promote an officer of some sort and then go offline. You go online later and all ur guild members are not In guild..
    advice:careful who you promote quiz them interview them befor. U promote

Royal Switch: Sanguine Royal names do not contain "top", "legs", or "hat" in the name. Scammer offers to trade one royal piece and adds a less expensive piece in the trade window.
    Example : person 1: Trade my Royal Crown for your Gamer
    Person 2: Okay
    In Trade Window, Person 1 adds Royal skirt instead of crown.
    Advice is stick to Auction House when buying Royals or only trade with people you trust.
    Drop

Moderator or developer impersonator: this scam is when someone tries to impersonate a mod or dev.They do that so they can try to take ur items. always remember a mod has a GREEN name and a dev has a RED name while we bave light blue name.

ill ban you/or report you: say a lower lvl wants some cool rare items and you say no.They might use this technique as a bluff or they might rlly report.My advice to this scam is to just take a screenshot of the chat and report it to sts.

Money cheat: Suppose a person an item in pubic chat they will say “give me rare items and ill show you the money cheat!”. well guess what this cheat ISNT REAL so dont give ur item for a persons lie.
    ------------------------------------------
    Things like this aren't scams
    ------------------------------
    Begging: some people just want stuf. So badly that they beg but trust me it's not.a scam. U can resolve this by ressing. The magic button(mute)

Spamming : suppose someones bored and they want to spam the time away. spamming is wen someone says same thing over and over repeatedly. like begging just press the mute button

Hope this helps,xroxinex
    Last edited by xroxinex; 07-10-2014 at 04:05 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xroxinex For This Useful Post: