Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Offensive Names

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Question Offensive Names

Currently what is being done with people with offensive names? Can these names be reported?

I have seen names along the lines of

DaddyTouchedMe
    MyWhoore
    Variations of genital parts done so they aren't simply just spelled out

I understand people choosing their own name as they wish but I am sure they could have picked a much less offensive name.

Is Spacetime Studios doing anything to curve this recent issue? Are you going to force renames on their characters?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Send this to support@spacetimestudios.com

To report any offensive name or language
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11145&dateline=130178  8828

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would sift through the list of thousands of names personally to get rid of these people. I had "daddytouchedme" pop into my game, and all I said was... "Awkward." Then boot. Yes I would spend hours of my life for free to have the vulgar/nasty named players removed, so if you want to take advantage of this offer devs, I am serious about this. No charge, willing to read through the thousands, just to make the community a better place. <3
    [B]Level 50 Cyber Void Full Dex Archer: Seratonin, Level 50 (Experimental) Dex/IntMage, Cyber Cosmos, Void: Species,
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Cross-eyed yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The offensive name should have been filtered in the first place but people always find a way around it
    NOTE: I will be leaving this profile and use my new profile called "Reported" my main character in game name. I will change profiles after the video contest

Would you like to reach lvl 50 in 3 days? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

get a life kid, we aren't 10 years old to report names anymore thats just lame.......... and Why would you want to report people anyways thats the dumbest thing ever.

-look at my sig-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Well that is what I was thinking about earlier... before I saw your post. For example your "bowjobs" is just plain funny to me and anyone who thinks further than throwing arrows already knows what this is about anyways. On the other hand, "TouchingKids" for example is clearly offensive! What I am trying to say is that it is really hard in some cases to draw the line vs other cases where it's just plain obvious... I dunno must be difficult for the PL people to keep up with all the complaints.

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Actually, we DO want the names reported. This remains a game that a lot of kids play. We go to great lengths to keep our little corner of the world as safe as possible for them.

So please behave in game, and let us know who is not.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by supersteak View Post
    get a life kid, we aren't 10 years old to report names anymore thats just lame.......... and Why would you want to report people anyways thats the dumbest thing ever.

-look at my sig-
    Dude, chill, seriously. The devs want us to report them. Kids play this game, and people think they're all cool naming their characters horrible names, and some times, VERY offensive, and racial. So he's doing everyone a favor. It's not childish to report people with inappropriate names, it's childish to name your characters inappropriate and horrible names.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well offensive names which there are many just ignore so many like s***t f******k all those.... They're usually like lvl 1-18 and don't go any further into the game except for some my friend has a lvl 1 acc called c*** :/

edit: dude - if it's not okay in the game, its not okay here
    Last edited by Justg; 12-13-2010 at 05:44 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11145&dateline=130178  8828

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Dude, chill, seriously. The devs want us to report them. Kids play this game, and people think they're all cool naming their characters horrible names, and some times, VERY offensive, and racial. So he's doing everyone a favor. It's not childish to report people with inappropriate names, it's childish to name your characters inappropriate and horrible names.
    +1. Lol u always nail it mystic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by icantgetkills View Post
    +1. Lol u always nail it mystic
    Mother would be proud

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

So... what happens to offensive names accounts? Do they get to be renamed or banned?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    So... what happens to offensive names accounts? Do they get to be renamed or banned?
    Both I believe. I'm pretty sure if it's very offensive. It's ban for good. If it's just inappropriate. Temp ban, and they rename it I think to something that is similar to there name, but not inappropriate. They might even lock the ability for the person to rename their character. Thats just a guess though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

meh... bowjobz is funny as hell
    I'm on the come-up buy my pinks!!

JonDaDon - Lvl 45 Pure Mage l PaladinsRage - Lvl 47 Pally l JWarr - Lvl 47 Tank l JonDaDon-Fnord- Lvl 4 Mule

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Exclamation Offensive Names

Once again I brought this topic up not because they offend me but it could offend others and last I checked kids under the age of 18 do and can play this game. I don't know of any game that would want their society to be known as full of racist/vulgar/offensive names as it will just make people believe the dev team just don't care about the game as they allow anyone to create whatever they want and also behave however they want.

You can tell by most of these people they picked it just to be offensive or because they are immature as they have taken the time to go around the system and create the name that isn't blocked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Actually, we DO want the names reported. This remains a game that a lot of kids play. We go to great lengths to keep our little corner of the world as safe as possible for them.

So please behave in game, and let us know who is not.
    What are "kids" give us an age.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnonymous View Post
    Once again I brought this topic up not because they offend me but it could offend others and last I checked kids under the age of 18 do and can play this game. I don't know of any game that would want their society to be known as full of racist/vulgar/offensive names as it will just make people believe the dev team just don't care about the game as they allow anyone to create whatever they want and also behave however they want.

You can tell by most of these people they picked it just to be offensive or because they are immature as they have taken the time to go around the system and create the name that isn't blocked.
    I don't know what to think... I have seen names that def need reporting and others that I am not too sure about. I am quite certain that clearly offensive names get taken care of but some of them can be offensive to a group and not to another... I guess it's PL peeps call when it comes down to it. Dunno. Must be a nightmare to deal with!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    I don't know what to think... I have seen names that def need reporting and others that I am not too sure about. I am quite certain that clearly offensive names get taken care of but some of them can be offensive to a group and not to another... I guess it's PL peeps call when it comes down to it. Dunno. Must be a nightmare to deal with!

Well I think anything that would be offensive would be any derogatory,racist,foul language,or anything related to illegal activities, or could bring a bad name on the game / company itself but again thats just my thought.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

This is a game and really what need do you have anyways to pick an offensive name? Is it for attention ? Maybe thinking it will get you friends and items in the game? I just don't see the logic in doing it in the first place and I hope the ones doing it are under the age of 18.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnonymous View Post
    Well I think anything that would be offensive would be any derogatory,racist,foul language,or anything related to illegal activities, or could bring a bad name on the game / company itself but again thats just my thought.
    Would "DrugDealer" be offensive? (not trying to antagonize you here just trying to play Devil's advocate a bit... Don't get me wrong I completely agree with you that some names need to be reported I am just thinking about how difficult it must be for PL to deal with the reporting as well as the random reporting of non offensive names).