Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Major issue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Major issue

So I have been playing Dark Legends for about a week now and I've been online roughly 12-16 hours each day as I am on a break from work and I've been farming a single item.

Now prior to farming the item I did research suggesting that items have a better drop chance for lower levels compared to a level 36 attempting to farm on a lower level map.

With that said I have been level 15 the entire time while inside Gallows - Dead End attempting to get the Black Druidic Top.

I have close to 70,000 kills at level 16 now... Which would equate to a good 200k-400k kills as a Level 36.

I've put 72 - 96 hours into hunting this single item down, I really do feel I deserve it. I'm not one to be shy from doing hard work, and I have been working my tail off to get this, however it just will not drop. I don't even speak with people, all I do is log in and live inside Gallows - Dead End.

Looking for a staff member to please speak with me, I would prefer to stay away from being flamed by the community.
    Last edited by Zefonitha; 04-02-2014 at 05:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,047 Posts

I don't follow this math...

Quote Originally Posted by Zefonitha View Post

I have close to 70,000 kills at level 16 now... Which would equate to a good 200k-400k kills as a Level 36.
    I believe the number of kills doesn't vary in any given mission depending on your toon's level.

DL IGNs: doomdoom, doomdoomdoom, littledoom, tinydoom
    Guild Master of Satan's Cheerleaders

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would think a level 36 clears a level 13 (recommended level) mission faster then a level 15 would.
    So in theory yes I think the kill rate in a hours worth of playing would be a bit faster.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

With that said I have been level 15 the entire time while inside Gallows - Dead End attempting to get the Black Druidic Top.
    Black Druids are very rare. I myself have been trying to farm that for a month. No luck at all, but anyways...o.o Good luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    198 Posts

Aha

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk
    My Alts: Deadlycorpse, Deadlystriker, deadlystrikr, deadstrikr, greengoblinn,mangoo, applee, strawberryy.subscribe to my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiT...jYMUavYMle-5rg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Exol View Post
    Black Druids are very rare. I myself have been trying to farm that for a month. No luck at all, but anyways...o.o Good luck.
    Yeah, I understand they are rare. I think the hours I put into it daily is compared to the average players month - two months of play time. I'm about another 7 hours into it from when I first posted this, so I'm close to 100 hours now.
    That's more then 2 1/2 weeks of a full time job worth of work, I really think they need to make a system where if you don't get it as a drop by a certain time you get it from a side shop, but make it bound or something.

It's just really crappy putting all this time and effort into the game and honestly get nothing out of it.

Also Dev's PLEASE remove Orange Desire Legs from the game, I'd much rather not get them then see them constantly while trying to get a different item, it's a major motivation killer. Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I do hope you get it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Trust me so do I. Lol
    I'll be about 90k-100k kills tonight.
    Not bad for only playing this game for 7 days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Also Dev's PLEASE remove Orange Desire Legs from the game, I'd much rather not get them then see them constantly while trying to get a different item, it's a major motivation killer. Lol
    omg the cursed orange desire leggings... farmed for 5 days for the black druidic but ended up with about 30 of those stupid leggings xD
    SL: Divinemyth, TheColdPath, TheWarmPath
    DL: Roamings, Tentai, Cleanse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DivineMyth View Post
    omg the cursed orange desire leggings... farmed for 5 days for the black druidic but ended up with about 30 of those stupid leggings xD
    Yeah I hate them, they kill my motivation when I get them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DivineMyth:1565336

Need to move those legging to other map
    That will help alot
    Me with my bro!
    Having fun in DL
    JANEZAP,CHARIX,TORNADOUSE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

keep trying and trying it wouldnt be fun if you just got everything you wanted now would it?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tendirin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,047 Posts

Good luck all!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to doomdoomdoom For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tendirin View Post
    keep trying and trying it wouldnt be fun if you just got everything you wanted now would it?
    Now as much as I'd like to agree with you on this, having a fashion item which has a .001% chance drop is a little over the top, is it not?

And yes from the majority of what people said about kill counts when they got their drop, they would receive it around 100k kills give or take, thus putting it under a .001% chance of drop for the Black Druidic Top.

There is a time when it is fun, but killing over 100k monsters at level 15 is a bit dull. People kept saying you get better drops at a lower level, well I call bull**** on that. All it did was cause me to lose a vast amount of time and waste far to much effort on something. Now I'm in too deep to turn back without earning the final satisfaction moment when the item drops.
    But no, this isn't fun.
    Last edited by Zefonitha; 04-06-2014 at 01:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

There is a time when it is fun, but killing over 100k monsters at level 15 is a bit dull. People kept saying you get better drops at a lower level, well I call bull**** on that.
    All drops r random, u can kill a million and still not find the item, and like u I was very sceptical abt the claim that lower level toons have a slightly better chance finding vanity. But wth my main toon made by now almost 1,3 million kills and never ever found gamer stuff, i did try almost everyday for cpl of hrs. Then later I made another toon, he's lvl 20 now and this toon found gamer after 2 weeks trying So I tend to think its true, but it remains a random chance, in theory u cld try forever and never find....

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantomas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

wow geez its a rare item like bats am an old player
    and never got so pleeeeaaaaase peeps stop complaining
    instead just save gold and buy tha ****in thing its that
    simple serious am i only one sane playing here rofl
    diia and diiaxp-xpro-baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    198 Posts

I farm with my character don't drop anything good but then again ill keep going
    My Alts: Deadlycorpse, Deadlystriker, deadlystrikr, deadstrikr, greengoblinn,mangoo, applee, strawberryy.subscribe to my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiT...jYMUavYMle-5rg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Yea got to say save up & buy what you want thats what my main Char Rose has had too do she has over 253k kills with No major Items to her name and played since fist day game came out,The orange legging lol everyone hates them I have gave away so many legs & tops I have stopped counting,My new one when trying to find a Dark Hood is Social Legs anyone needs A Pair Shout me in Game I have been farming those Black Druid & trust when I say the hours I put into this game is Crazy (on different Chars) & it can get Frustrating I have Raged on here & Moaned Non Stop about how unlucky my Main Char is But at the end of the day its Night !! Nothing going change !!! I know I wont Find Them So I gotta buy them Too, Doom gave me some Motivation to find Executions then I found a Great List its gave me something else to do and I have started to enjoy the game again.Give yourself a break from farming Black Druid all it does is drive you nuts go farm something else and save your gold you can always go back and try now & again.Also I have Found So Many different vanity and gems that I probably would never had found if I had just kept farming the same one map which I had been doing Works all round
    Last edited by Rosybuds; 05-12-2014 at 12:04 PM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rosybuds For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantomas View Post
    All drops r random, u can kill a million and still not find the item, and like u I was very sceptical abt the claim that lower level toons have a slightly better chance finding vanity. But wth my main toon made by now almost 1,3 million kills and never ever found gamer stuff, i did try almost everyday for cpl of hrs. Then later I made another toon, he's lvl 20 now and this toon found gamer after 2 weeks trying So I tend to think its true, but it remains a random chance, in theory u cld try forever and never find....
    yup they random bc i have 4 toons and 3 of them low levels and its funny but never got
    **** on any of them and my pve toon level 36 drops everything for me lol so has nothing
    2 do low level or high level ur lucky or not rofl
    diia and diiaxp-xpro-baby

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diiajil For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I think another issue is that the drop rates don't take into account that, I assume, most of us have things to do irl. I work 14-19 hours a day throughout the week, and I have to use my weekends to take care of personal stuff (oil changes, shopping, etc.). This doesn't leave a lot of time for farming; thus, my only way of even trying to get better items is to employ an ally farming method.

Given, I don't want "hard to obtain" items to become very easy to find, as that would ruin part of the fun. However, there is definitely a price gap in items because they are either very easy to find or very hard to find. There are no good mid range items for people to find or buy. I know most people either can't or don't want to spend personal money to utilize my ally farm method nor do they have the time to farm 8 hours per day. There needs to be more lootable items with a medium range of difficulty.