Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Happy 4th PL Birthday, Folks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkterror View Post
    Lol i cant write anything without being attacked. And tell me please what happens after savage is nerfed. Huh swift gets op and then more complains. My definition of fair is make a pvp map that doesnt allow bonuses like founder - rings- eggs. And only allow to have a full gear. Now if everyone could fight without any kind of bonus then ONLY and ONLY then you guys can call it balanced. Nerfing savage will only OP dex gear. They alternate once a while..we are at Str now.....before mages were op (int). Then birds (dex) Now bears (str). This will change. But they cant please everyone at the same time. Thats why they alternate what is OP and what is not.
    Thats why is pointless to ask for more pvp balance it will never be balanced, plus elite rings and eggs.....they need to be destroyed before you can even call this game balanced. Thats why i encorage people to ask for a lvl cap....and not ask for a million separate things. if people just attack and offend each other we will never get to a shared point of view. People without elite rings deserve a chance to compete against all players at a fair level. Fox and rhino ussers should be able to get an elite ring. Now i dont see how im I being selfish here.
    If your wondering why you can't write anything without being attacked, it is because you are arguing a point yourself, meaning others will attack back of course, don't like it? don't post about these things.

Birds won't be op, mages and birds are balanced, I beat most birds .. it's only savage sets I have trouble with, pallys, and bears, I think dex bears are pretty op also, it's not just the set its their class itself.. mages and birds A.T.M are fine IMO Besides pallys, even birds with savage aren't that good..

Are you seriously crying about founders at endgame that only gives like a 5dmg 5dps and 5 armour? man that founder has been playing for 4 years I think it's pretty fine... Rings yes you have a point just like many others, it could of been done another way but eh You only need to cap twice and there you are, the difference between 2piece and 3pc isn't that big.. just get a dragon set with 2pc you'll be fine. But! I do understand now that they have sort of, stopped updating this game, you would think well how is it possible to obtain these rings now? isn't fair now is it.. So I think if they stopped updating which I doubt, then they should take away these elite rings with bonuses..

But I'm sure they will give just a cap raise sooner or later so it should be right.
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jig For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

There will be no more foreseeable cap raises ^
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Conradin View Post
    Name of dev/mod that said this?
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Conradin View Post
    When he said that, the emphasis was on "foreseeable." In other words, they don't have any plans for one at the moment, but that doesn't mean there will never be plans for one. It just means we wait a long time.

Los Angeles, Korea. umm wait that seems a little off
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

It's kind of funny how we want to receive something for PL's birthday instead of giving them something

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rescind View Post
    instead of giving them something
    We give them money from buying plat

Programmed-Level 85 mage, Praktica-Level 85 rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheScaryBeary View Post
    We give them money from buying plat
    They gave us a game to play for 4 years ^_^
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jig View Post
    They gave us a game to play for 4 years ^_^
    And who knows how much longer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rescind View Post
    It's kind of funny how we want to receive something for PL's birthday instead of giving them something
    everyone that still plays deserves a reward... they been sticking around even though the devs clearly said there probably wont be a level cap in a long time and possibly forever.

We are the customers and they are the producers. We say thank you, they say you're welcome!
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I've been here since the first birthday, I remember where I was 4 years. Ago

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rawrimafish For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Imho it's not the best idea to release a new battle game/legends game every couple of months if you don't have the manpower/time to pay attention to all of them. Instead of fixing the pvp, you choose to spend the time to release another game which is more or less the same as the game before and is equally unbalanced. Now you have 2 unbalanced games, and instead of fixing them, you release a third game which ends up (surprisingly) unbalanced. Then you refuse to balance the 3 games claiming you have no time for that because you're working on a 4th game which, as we all know, is going to be unbalanced... Oh not to forget you threw in a couple of battle games. Wouldn't it be better to fix one game before moving to creating another one? I mean all you'll end up with now are 6 communities that constantly complain about how bad things are... Hmm how to fix this, right? Oh... Release another game.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FortalWao For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FortalWao View Post
    Imho it's not the best idea to release a new battle game/legends game every couple of months if you don't have the manpower/time to pay attention to all of them. Instead of fixing the pvp, you choose to spend the time to release another game which is more or less the same as the game before and is equally unbalanced. Now you have 2 unbalanced games, and instead of fixing them, you release a third game which ends up (surprisingly) unbalanced. Then you refuse to balance the 3 games claiming you have no time for that because you're working on a 4th game which, as we all know, is going to be unbalanced... Oh not to forget you threw in a couple of battle games. Wouldn't it be better to fix one game before moving to creating another one? I mean all you'll end up with now are 6 communities that constantly complain about how bad things are... Hmm how to fix this, right? Oh... Release another game.
    I think the one thing you should consider is how well Arcane Legends is doing. If they can, "Get a big break" so to speak and start rolling in the cash, they can hire the manpower to take care of all their games. I'd say they've found that with AL. Also, when someone gets hooked on one game, like AL, there's a good chance they'll check out the other games and very well get hooked on them as well. All in all more games means the word spreads that STG and their games exist. This can be very beneficial for STG as a whole as well as for each individual game. I think at this point the risk is, "spreading themselves too thin" as the saying goes. Samhayne did mention in the past that if they'd have stuck to developing PL alone, they'd probably have gone under by now so it seems the multiple games strategy was their only option, or at least the smartest one.

Just another perspective to consider...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    I think the one thing you should consider is how well Arcane Legends is doing. If they can, "Get a big break" so to speak and start rolling in the cash, they can hire the manpower to take care of all their games. I'd say they've found that with AL. Also, when someone gets hooked on one game, like AL, there's a good chance they'll check out the other games and very well get hooked on them as well. All in all more games means the word spreads that STG and their games exist. This can be very beneficial for STG as a whole as well as for each individual game. I think at this point the risk is, "spreading themselves too thin" as the saying goes. Samhayne did mention in the past that if they'd have stuck to developing PL alone, they'd probably have gone under by now so it seems the multiple games strategy was their only option, or at least the smartest one.

Just another perspective to consider...
    You make a good point and I agree, but I also partially have to agree with fortal. I have never gone against STG's decisions like some of us here. I get why STG does what they do. They're a business and just like any other business they have to have money to keep going. Without AL they wouldn't have money to feed their families nor would they have the money to keep their other games running. So yes, they do what they have to but fortal does have a point.

Programmed-Level 85 mage, Praktica-Level 85 rhino

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

It's STS decision, imo they could have made PL into the best of its kind today as it was when it started, they added the guilds from SL, if they had worked more to add the genders for each class, then taken the huge vanity variety and skill tree addition to DL, and the amazing graphics of DL and boss mechanics, imagine how PL would be now

but 'what-if's don't really change anything
    now AL, their 'best' game doesn't really compare to O&C, probably the leading mobile mmo. Only reason I would play AL over O&C is because of PL, I loved all of sts for this but now they're losing some of their most loyal customers, they can't really change that because their ball is already rolling with AL, and its hard to stop it with so many more newer customers wanting more and more faster and faster
    Devs don't want to lose PL, but they almost have no choice, I am really surprised they have got in what they have with new hats for ST Patricks, PL shields, and they said new stuff later thos month
    If you think about it really shows how much they wish they could get back to it, SL and DL get even less.

The problem is if they pushout a new campaign for PL, the gear is almost going to be even more unbalanced, we will be even more upset with them and with AL to support it will be even longer for them to fix the 80/81 gear. They pretty much can't win till they get AL to a happy point like PL's AO3 or Sewers were nearly everyone is content to keep playing the same bosses again and again.

Thanks for a great game devs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

In response to both of you, I certainly agree. STG is currently between a rock and a hard place, to put it plainly.

I think their hope lies in Arcane Legends at the moment.
    Last edited by MightyMicah; 04-06-2014 at 07:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    Samhayne did mention in the past that if they'd have stuck to developing PL alone, they'd probably have gone under by now
    He didn't say that, what he said was if we stuck with only pl maybe we wouldn't be around. That is much less definitive (maybe/probably)
    Why do I make this distinction? Because it was not a foregone bankruptcy they deftly avoided. They chose an expansionist business model over a specialty one.
    We as the customers have every right to say please focus on what you have or loose our patronage. Just as they have every right to run their business how they feel and we vote with our money.
    I say all this not to argue, but to remind some forumers that customer feedback is good for stg even if it's unpopular.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    He didn't say that, what he said was if we stuck with only pl maybe we wouldn't be around. That is much less definitive (maybe/probably)
    Why do I make this distinction? Because it was not a foregone bankruptcy they deftly avoided. They chose an expansionist business model over a specialty one.
    We as the customers have every right to say please focus on what you have or loose our patronage. Just as they have every right to run their business how they feel and we vote with our money.
    I say all this not to argue, but to remind some forumers that customer feedback is good for stg even if it's unpopular.
    Very well constructed post! And thanks for the correction, I was uncertain of the exact language that Samhayne used. The only thing I'd say is that there *is* a bit of a difference between customer feedback and just straight up complaining, or demanding something. (or claiming that pocket legends is going to die soon, which simply isn't true in the least.)

22. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post

Well they went and did something us customers didn't want and yet they won, they succeeded with AL, and they could possibly do it again..^_^ yes it's all about customer care the most, but what they did here was smart, really smart
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

nerf savage find a new emplacement for israel

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Kanital For This Useful Post:

Jig

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

i wouldnt mind if sts deleted all their other games/sold them and focused on PL only