Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Happy 4th PL Birthday, Folks!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    Samhayne did mention in the past that if they'd have stuck to developing PL alone, they'd probably have gone under by now
    He didn't say that, what he said was if we stuck with only pl maybe we wouldn't be around. That is much less definitive (maybe/probably)
    Why do I make this distinction? Because it was not a foregone bankruptcy they deftly avoided. They chose an expansionist business model over a specialty one.
    We as the customers have every right to say please focus on what you have or loose our patronage. Just as they have every right to run their business how they feel and we vote with our money.
    I say all this not to argue, but to remind some forumers that customer feedback is good for stg even if it's unpopular.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    He didn't say that, what he said was if we stuck with only pl maybe we wouldn't be around. That is much less definitive (maybe/probably)
    Why do I make this distinction? Because it was not a foregone bankruptcy they deftly avoided. They chose an expansionist business model over a specialty one.
    We as the customers have every right to say please focus on what you have or loose our patronage. Just as they have every right to run their business how they feel and we vote with our money.
    I say all this not to argue, but to remind some forumers that customer feedback is good for stg even if it's unpopular.
    Very well constructed post! And thanks for the correction, I was uncertain of the exact language that Samhayne used. The only thing I'd say is that there *is* a bit of a difference between customer feedback and just straight up complaining, or demanding something. (or claiming that pocket legends is going to die soon, which simply isn't true in the least.)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post

Well they went and did something us customers didn't want and yet they won, they succeeded with AL, and they could possibly do it again..^_^ yes it's all about customer care the most, but what they did here was smart, really smart
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone