Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PvE, Farming, Capping, Mythics/Arcanes... They're all becoming too mainstream.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Default PvE, Farming, Capping, Mythics/Arcanes... They're all becoming too mainstream.

Everyone's all "im saving up for mythics!", "im gonna open a locked crate (+999 more) so i can loot a samael egg!". Everyone's so enthusiastic about obtaining the rarest items in the game that are soon-to-be extinguished by newer items that they go absolutely mad. I've gone through it before, and now, i dont care about getting the best items in the game. Heck, i dont even care about capping this season knowing that nearly everyone else is already lvl 41. It just isnt so cool and special anymore like it was in the last few seasons (i guess too many players nowadays?). So aside from all the rage-farming, crate-crazes, and levelitis-induced comas, im gonna enjoy the game with what i have and go full-on twinking for a while. Take a break from the over-traveled, linear path of success that clouds the meaning of fun and defining it as having absolutely everything. So to my friends: im taking a break from PvE for a while and moving onto non-endgame PvP. If you wanna contact me, ill mostly be on Twinkbane, Brutalpain, Darkattrocity, and Obsolescence (especially Twinkbane).

I posted this here because i wanted to see if anyone else feels the same way, or if im just insane for feeling like this.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Good luck and remember its all about having fun so do whatever works best for you.

I unlive in Underworld. Unlive, not live.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts

This thread made my day.
    Last edited by Xeusx; 04-05-2014 at 02:55 AM. Reason: Do not stalk me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Its same every season idk why you think this one any different. Other than the fact theres nothing but crap gear to farm with a few exceptions. But i did the same thing last season, capped then went and hid on twink.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I find it disappointing how common arcane items are.

It is only what? Just about 3 weeks into the season, and it is already becoming a frequent occurance to find 1 or 2 players with arcane rings in a hunting party and/or pvp match. Everyone and their dog has Samael. All you have to do is head to end game pvp to see it. If there are not at least 4 sams in any given match, along with usually at least 2 mauls, it is a very rare game indeed.

The amount of these items was kept rare when hooks came out - it was uncommon and noteworthy to see a rogue with hooks. With the release of the maul, it was like someone decided that they were going to multiply the drops a whole bunch of times to see what would happen. Just look around - you will see over 10x the number of end game warriors with a maul as you ever saw rogues with hooks. Even now hooks are not common. Arcane staff is getting to be seen almost as often maul now too. Is the ring next?

Arcane was supposed to be rare. Sad that it is now as common as a set of Alps, or a Mighty Berserker of Fitness was in season one.
    Last edited by Serancha; 04-05-2014 at 05:53 AM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

When the game is getting too boring for you try something else. Whatever keeps you interested in the game is what you should be doing.

Never be a follower, but be a trendsetter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

In PvP, you either meet noobs who are checking out what PvP looks like, or armed-to-the-teeth pros.
    Also there is a good chance that once someone loots Samael, they keep playing, so over time, pretty much everyone is going to get one.

I wasn't here in the good old times, but I'm pretty sure few people were at the top.
    Now every other person is capped for 6+ months, so it's expected that you would meet well geared people a lot.

For the OP, I have all 3 classes, and trying to get mythics and all (PvE) APs for them is going to keep me busy for the months to come. You done that already? Or no likey?
    Disclaimer: my lameness is figurative but strong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Well, as far as "mainstream" goes, of course everyone is saving up for mythics, or trying to get best gear. That's a no brainer. Frequency of certain items is a little intense, but with mythics easily attainable, which will happen to any game that goes on for a long time due to more being dropped, arcane is the new mythic. And why not? I understand in PvP this can be an issue, but the rest of the game is better when mythics and arcanes are more attainable to the average player. They get replaced by new gear eventually, so there's still a goal for players to farm/grind for. Because there's so many players with arcane, there's even more with mythics, and that makes a lot of people happy. Wouldn't it suck if you were 41 and still only had legendaries?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Capping is mainstream folks. Don't do it.

Let's make lvl 40 the new lvl 41.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

Go 21. Good level for twinking.
    You will meet me there in a month when i get bored of elite :-)

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk

CaptnSharky lvl 41 - Schattenwolff lvl 21, Mein Motto: Have Fun!, unser Forum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I dunno what's this all about... Really. That "non mainstream" attitude is so mainstream nowadays...
    VALAR MORGHULIS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Arcane Legends is becoming somehwhat stressful to players whom are wanting to become a powerful player.

I've never played a game with this level of competition and competitiveness tbh, but then again, I don't play many other games.

I can't really explain lol
    Hey, I'm a lone wolf. A wolf who wants to be friends with you :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

While some bash and antagonize people for being a toon and low level, It is fun playing this game on different perspective rather than the linear path of getting all best items on game which works on others some not so.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

i do only bard farming and daily quest. then hv sme chat with frnds. also help some guildies . i come online for 1-2hrs a day only. i dnt do elites as it leads to frustration lol.

it seems i enjoy alot here in AL chating and hav fun with frnds XD then doing elites and getting craps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  718.6 KB
    Nah, but seriously though, i understand what you mean just do what you think is funny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I am a lvl 41 warrior with only legendaries I started playing 37 days ago and it does suck! Ive givin up on trying elites as people tend to just leave as soon as they check my stats(oh no he has purples run!! Even though I have 6khp and 1800 armor and have played mmos before ex. Runescape, WoW, Rift, LoL.. the list goes on), I would buy mythics if I could make enough money. I got tired of crate farming because of how tedious and boring it gets. Not to mention I don't pay for plat which makes it very VERY time consuming to make money. I just made my first mill the other day and to a newly capped player Endgame seems to be an elitist playground where the rich only play with the other little rich boys to keep power in check. Ill just stick with my twinks at least there its enjoyable warring with other guilds.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KingChronic For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingChronic View Post
    I am a lvl 41 warrior with only legendaries I started playing 37 days ago and it does suck! Ive givin up on trying elites as people tend to just leave as soon as they check my stats(oh no he has purples run!! Even though I have 6khp and 1800 armor and have played mmos before ex. Runescape, WoW, Rift, LoL.. the list goes on), I would buy mythics if I could make enough money. I got tired of crate farming because of how tedious and boring it gets. Not to mention I don't pay for plat which makes it very VERY time consuming to make money. I just made my first mill the other day and to a newly capped player Endgame seems to be an elitist playground where the rich only play with the other little rich boys to keep power in check. Ill just stick with my twinks at least there its enjoyable warring with other guilds.
    Wait Wait Wait... I started playing during the 26 cap and i'm lvl 37... #productivejina

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by jinathedemo View Post
    Wait Wait Wait... I started playing during the 26 cap and i'm lvl 37... #productivejina
    Clearly ive had way to much time on my hands XD and luckily started playing right before the double exp weekend when I still had the drive and motivation to solo grind lvls and maps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

*not mainstream* I enjoy pve (not because of my in game or forum name). Keeps me striving for something new. I always farm my gear never buy because that defeats the game in my mind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Milan Lame Man View Post
    Also there is a good chance that once someone loots Samael, they keep playing, so over time, pretty much everyone is going to get one.
    Arcane was advertised to be "the rarest of the rare", so hard to get that you could spend a lifetime and never get one. Sure over time, the numbers of an item will increase, but it only took 2 months before Sam owners were the MAJORITY at end game. Hooks were never ever seen in the kind of numbers that Mauls were within weeks of release. Whim - it was only released for a month, and every second elite party has one. This isn't what Arcane was intended to be originally, and it's a disappointment.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.