Thread: Rerolls gotcha down? Is your lep and luck lixer investment feeling worthless? Have I

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Default Rerolls gotcha down? Is your lep and luck lixer investment feeling worthless? Have I

Honestly... rerolls give you a step up in item class? Using luck lixer and lep... This happened a bunch of times today. (reroll to whites) It might be a fluke but funny and sad at the same time.
    Hakuna Matatas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

How can this even happen'?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

ikr, I rerolled to a copper chest before on jarl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orageunas View Post
    How can this even happen'?
    Rerolling doesn't work the way most people think it does.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

I'm almost certain this was trash mob loot. He's yet to pick up the actual loot since the pet is still occupied and well, unless it's a locked crate it can easily be lost in the fuss. Probably got an extra rare/epic item somewhere between grabbing the loot from the remaining mini bosses and didn't even notice.

Reroll scales only up from what I know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    I'm almost certain this was trash mob loot. He's yet to pick up the actual loot since the pet is still occupied and well, unless it's a locked crate it can easily be lost in the fuss. Probably got an extra rare/epic item somewhere between grabbing the loot from the remaining mini bosses and didn't even notice.

That's incorrect. I posted a screen of it yesterday where it happen to me as well. It happens quite often. Like I said, a lot of people are maybe confused about the way reroll works. Most people think when you reroll a green it came from a white. That's not necessarily the case. At least it wasn't it pocket legends. And I'm not sure sts has given our details for arcane legends.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show....php?p=1563350

Edit: Actually, I found the article and I'm wrong. The way I described was the old way. The New way should indeed guarantee a higher rarity item.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/entr...Enhancers-Work

Note I'm curious about why I keep rerolling to commons.
    Last edited by Rare; 04-05-2014 at 07:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

All I remember is that it was mentioned they do not scale down.

In your picture the reroll message could have arised by an out-of-screen pet kill (noticed how that one mob is left behind, possibly moved through with half dead mobs) and the common loot just dropped from the mobs you just cleared. Loot plays the best mind games.

It doesn't make sense to reroll for same rarity though. Look at the message: "Your elixir allowed you to reroll for better loot!"

I can understand rerolls to common in previous games but there was another rarity class back then, trash/uncommon. I have never once witnessed a reroll to the lowest rarity possible and I've been running around with elixirs since late PL through DL, SL and now AL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

All I remember is that it was mentioned they do not scale down.

In your picture the reroll message could have arised by an out-of-screen pet kill (noticed how that one mob is left behind, possibly moved through with half dead mobs) and the common loot just dropped from the mobs you just cleared. Loot plays the best mind games.

It doesn't make sense to reroll for same rarity though. Look at the message: "Your elixir allowed you to reroll for better loot!"

I can understand rerolls to common in previous games but there was another rarity class back then, trash/uncommon. I have never once witnessed a reroll to the lowest rarity possible and I've been running around with elixirs since late PL through DL, SL and now AL.
    In any case, I'm 110% sure the picture I posted is correct. In fact, every time I see it happen I thoroughly check for any other drops. Most of the time, it's like you said. Occasionally, however, it isn't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

this was my assumption as well. When everyone left after killing the boss, I left the group and searched the map with no luck.

My best guess is, it rerolled to a common OR it was lost inside a wall and never became available.

It's happened a few times today, with no upscale item being available,which makes me wonder.
    Hakuna Matatas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I run with both lep and 25% luck elixir almost all the time and I've never gotten a re-roll to a white. I think it was a trash mob item that was picked up and the boss loot is still sitting there. It's even possible the OP did not see the actual drop, perhaps it was an egg which can be hard to notice. But like I said, I've never experienced that in thousands of re-rolls over the past year and a half of playing AL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

All i do is reroll greens. If i get an epic im stoked. Especially annoying when ppl dont reroll and get pinks or crates...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kellhus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

I have to admit, I have been getting some crap loots. Many rerolls, but not many good items.

But I blame that mostly on my luck for that day, actually.
    Hey, I'm a lone wolf. A wolf who wants to be friends with you :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

common item? never loot like that bfore when re rool.. but now its seem really hard to get 'better loot', this is fact, look so many players now complaining about this, me too,. nver happen like this before elite update comin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    That's incorrect. I posted a screen of it yesterday where it happen to me as well. It happens quite often. Like I said, a lot of people are maybe confused about the way reroll works. Most people think when you reroll a green it came from a white. That's not necessarily the case. At least it wasn't it pocket legends. And I'm not sure sts has given our details for arcane legends.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show....php?p=1563350

Edit: Actually, I found the article and I'm wrong. The way I described was the old way. The New way should indeed guarantee a higher rarity item.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/entr...Enhancers-Work

Note I'm curious about why I keep rerolling to commons.
    That post was from before AL came out and the developers have not really commented much on how rerolls work in AL. Here is one comment from a developer which makes one think that rerolls don't work exactly as they do in SL and PL. It is probably a little more complicated as there are items, chests, eggs, essences, teeth etc that all have to be factored into the drops, some of which are in different loot tables:

Quote Originally Posted by Lojack View Post
    "My impression of the luck elixir that if you were to get an item, say a purple (epic) item, it would have a chance to re-roll and bump your item to the next level of rarity, (legendary in this case)."

You are re-rolling from one loot table to another loot table. Loot tables can contain from 1 to however many items the designer assigns to it. So, for example, if you are in the lowest loot table (with its list of items) and get a re-roll on a common, it's entirely possible that the next higher loot table (with its own list of items) also contains some commons that you have a chance at rolling to, as I understand it. Mostly, you'll get a better item but sometimes not.

Hope this helps.
    From the following thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...uldn-t-happen)!

I would have to admit that I see rerolls to greens all the time, but I can't recall ever getting or seeing a reroll to a common. You can make it look like you rerolled to a common as people have commented above.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    That post was from before AL came out and the developers have not really commented much on how rerolls work in AL. Here is one comment from a developer which makes one think that rerolls don't work exactly as they do in SL and PL. It is probably a little more complicated as there are items, chests, eggs, essences, teeth etc that all have to be factored into the drops, some of which are in different loot tables:

From the following thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...uldn-t-happen)!

I would have to admit that I see rerolls to greens all the time, but I can't recall ever getting or seeing a reroll to a common. You can make it look like you rerolled to a common as people have commented above.
    You're right. It could be made to look that way pretty easily... if you're into to doing that for some reason.

But if we are rerolling to different lot tables, it's certainly possible to reroll to common items.

Btw, that's the comment I was looking for, thanks for finding it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Thanks for bringing up this comment drgrim, it's clearing things up a bit.

I'm a little confused as to why a developer would use the phrase "as I understand it" - maybe drop mechanics were not entirely in his line of work? Of course his opinion should still be the most accurate so we'll go with that until --hopefully-- another dev comment with more certainty on the topic.