Thread: #SUGGESTION more pets? How to create diversity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Default #SUGGESTION more pets? How to create diversity

I'm suggesting that STS put together more pets. When I say this I don't just mean releasing pets during an event or expansion. The reason I'm saying this is for two reasons. Pets are decreasing in price either because they are not as useful as another pet or they're being over farmed. Please STS give us something more than just the new elite gear. I mean right now if you want to make quick money you can farm elites. But with three possible loot drops (magma staff/sword/blades) there will soon be nothing else to do than farm for locks again. Creating a whole new breed of pets (in particular more legendary/epic) could be the answer but I'm not saying it is the answer. I can remember when I started playing AL wrathjaw and snaggletooth where close to 100k and they were actually good pets. But now everyone one owns a malison. This pet has been around before I started playing yet, it is still the most used pet (this is easy to understand). But one thing that always baffles me is that as an expansion comes out the content should be better. So why aren't the pets any better? The only good pet that has come from the shuyal expansion is valkin and even if I was to choose malison or valkin. I would still pick malison. I mean why? Why can't the pets have better stats as we go along? Literally 80% of the pets I have are for the beast master AP or to show off that "hey I got this frosteye for 100k during the tarlok event". Yet I can pay 60-70k right now for malison which is better.

Because of this I think it would be swell if we could have an evolve feature for pets. It would be like this (to evolve malison or any pet):
    You would need 2 malison eggs, 75k, evolution recipe, condensed pet potion and a randomly generated item.

1st: you open the malison you want to evolve.

2nd: you need to visit woodruft the beastmaster. Talk to him and prompt him to explain about pet evolution.

3rd: he will then send you on a quest to find a random item of a specific level.

4th: he will then reward you with a pet potion and tell you to speak to the beastmaster in stronghold where you will learn how to condense it with the recipe which an be bought for 75k.

5th: you can now evolve your pet. Once evolved the malison you have opened will be removed from your stable and merged with the malison egg in you inventory and then you will receive a non-tradeable furyson's egg (just a name for an evolved malison).
    And maybe you could have a second evolution where you need to search for a random elite gear/item and you would need 3 furyson's egg. And 3 condensed potions.

Feel free to agree/disagree or disagree to agree or agree to disagree. It's just something I'd like to see to spice up the game.

Edit: your pet would need to be a certain level to be eligible to evolve.
    Last edited by Sky_is_epicgearz; 04-06-2014 at 10:07 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sky_is_epicgearz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Well that is interesting alright. It's beginning to sound like other monster evolution games lol. But it looks cool.

One thing you might expect is the usage of platinum. Perhaps like upgrading our gears, weapons and other items, there is a waiting period. And maybe a cost of the the upgrade depending on the rareity of the pet. And that "item" needed to evolve your pet would probably be extremely rare...

Just to summarize, evolving pets wouldn't be as easy as you put it. Maybe a long quest for each pet.

I'm just saying from probably a STS point of view, I personally like your method better.
    Hey, I'm a lone wolf. A wolf who wants to be friends with you :3