Thread: Guide: Should I get mythics now or wait for new mythics?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default Guide: Should I get mythics now or wait for new mythics?

This continues to be a recurring question, especially among newer players who have not been around since season 3 and have not seen the progression of the mythics since they were first released. So here are some answers to some common questions:

Question: Will there be new mythics?

Answer: Yes there will be, although nobody knows when, but you can bet there will be some new mythic items released this season.

Question: Should I get mythics now or hold onto my money to buy the new mythics when they come out?

Answer: Be prepared for new mythic items to have similar cost to what the current mythics did when they were first released. That means 8-12m per item. So if you currently have 1.5m and you expect to be able to purchase a new level 41 mythic armor if & when it is released, you will be disappointed. In that case I suggest you buy the old one.

Question: When is a good time to buy a mythic item?

Answer: When there are more people selling than buying. This goes for everything, not just mythics. Prices drop when there are more sellers than buyers, and prices rise when there are more buyers than sellers.

So if you are worried that you may spend 1m on a mythic helm and only be able to use it for a couple of months before it becomes outdated, you should realize that those who have used their mythic helms for 6 months or more paid much more money for them. If you are worried about buying a mythic armor and/or helm and upgrading them to level 36, and then not being able to sell them afterwards, then I suggest buying magma armor and helm which you will later be able to sell.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post: