Thread: Cyber Gear feedback thread (Un-official)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation Cyber Gear feedback thread (Un-official)

Couldn't find one of these, so here goes!

Post your likes/dislikes here about the Cyber Gear, quests, or the effects it has had.

-I Like being able to get great gear for level 50 since I rarely buy anything, I like to find my items by farming for drops. It makes it that much sweeter when you get your own stuff that way. But it takes a lot longer to get a good setup together.
    -I like the color scheme on my archer.
    -I like the ridiculous length of it, because it is REALLY good gear, and it should just be handed to people.
    -I like the nice glow I get when I have the set equipped.

Dislikes:

-The color scheme is the same for everyone, effectively making everyone look the same if they do not have a vanity item on their head.
    -There are pretty much copies of existing gear, and should not be better than ultra rare drops from bosses. Dropped items should be greater than questable items IMO.
    -The extremely small set bonus given. It doesn't even seem to be that good to matter much, I will still be using Sunblessed bow for DPS.
    -The copy of the existing sets, instead of making the sets different from existing ones, I.E. staff/staff could have been instead wand/eye. Blaster could have been dual wield.
    Sword and shield could have been a hammer for dps on bears... they don't dps well now anyways.
    -The mindlessness of repeatedly killing bosses over and over and over gets pretty monotonous.
    -No additional sparklies added to weapons. The "Conquerer's Flaming Sword" available on the plat market for the warrior looks so epic. Why were cyber weapons left out of this kind of flare?

Other neither like nor dislike or could have been handled better:

-The quality of the items match the difficulty of the first two quests, the second two, (25 and 5,) were so easy, I finished them in an hour, thus the difficulty of the quest did not match the quality of the item.
    -The way it has affected the economy (could have been predicted, and intentional)
    -The players are sick of farming just keeper because they don't make 'enough' gold from sale of his items. (30,000 gold is a lot to me, that's 1,000 health and mana pots. More than enough for a week with a good party)
    -Makes farming for Premium Pinks *almost* pointless, but I still want to collect all of them.
    -Gives people a sort of ending to seeking better equipment, either in drops, or farming for enough gold to buy the items others were lucky enough to get, reducing playtime considerably.

Overall the Cyber gear is awesome, but I think it could have been handled better.
    Last edited by Seratonin; 12-15-2010 at 03:08 AM.
    [B]Level 50 Cyber Void Full Dex Archer: Seratonin, Level 50 (Experimental) Dex/IntMage, Cyber Cosmos, Void: Species,
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Cross-eyed yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Lol Sera you said everything. So why did you want me to post my feedback here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Ok I'll add one bit about the quest itself.
    Once the appearance rate increased for the shadow prisoners, I rather enjoyed the cyber weapon quest. It was a nice change from hunting hundreds of bosses (and for the first time ever, people played captive and ignored Tpaxx lol).

I wish I could skip the whole totem/shard part and go straight to the shadows on my other chars. The first two quests could have been a little more unique/interesting to keep us all from wanting to abandon the quest early on (keep in mind, many of us already farmed VL to death before this quest, and thought we were done for the most part. Something new to do for the quests would have been nice.)

As for the equipment itself, I haven't been able to do a 1-1 comparison of each. So I'll just say, I wish the design was a bit more original. And I think it should have had diff set bonuses like Sera said (eye/wand, talon/wing, 2h rift weapon) to keep some value on the looted items and give people a reason to have both. I still don't understand why you (Cinco I guess?) would want to take your well-designed wraith, cosmos and rift sets and have them completely replaced with an army of cyber clones. The only ones using any of the originals will be dual wielders. And it's a darn shame bc I've always loved the look of the purple wraith.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

People seem to be giving their feedback all over the place, so I'll add more here in the hopes it gets read.

Now that people are posting photos of all the full bonus sets, these are my thoughts:

There is absolutely no consistency. Once again, Dex gear is by far the best and perhaps the only useful set. Not only do they get a blaster bonus set that's barely any different from the original (which was already the best bonus set in the game), but now they're the only class to get a second bonus set with the same gear(wing/talon).
    The bear original rift never had a decent weapon, but it was useful bc of other bonus stats. Now the new one uses the stats of the vibra sword (could have just taken appearance, not stats), which no one ever used in the first place. Why use a sword that people consider to be utterly useless, as a bonus item? Hmm what about a lvl 50 shock lance, since the cyber armor design was ripped off that anyway? Doesn't have to be overpowered, just useful enough for people to actually wear it!

And of course mages got screwed yet again with bonus set gear. Again, the same crappy mirage staff with the same crappy stats. Str and Int both got bonus weapons based on weapons that no one EVER uses. Dex got one yet again that EVERYONE uses. And above that, an extra one. Why couldn't mages have a wand/eye bonus set instead of the same crappy one in another color? Or if you must use the appearance of the staff, make it a worthwhile bonus item!

If I go on anymore about this I may say something I regret. But just look at the stats and you tell me this is balanced in any way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Upon further thought... I think that the quested cyber sets should have been built to be inferior to the dropped items, and their sets. It would make more sense since(heh) they can be quested by anyone, and the drops are much rarer.
    [B]Level 50 Cyber Void Full Dex Archer: Seratonin, Level 50 (Experimental) Dex/IntMage, Cyber Cosmos, Void: Species,
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Cross-eyed yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

My issue is that there's no consistency between the three sets. Void is almost identical to the original in stats, and even has an extra bonus set with the wing/talon! While the other two sets are junk. Why such an imbalance? They should make up their minds and either make all three sets better than the originals or make all three worse. Even though I have 1 of each class, I'm tired of birds always getting the best equipment. It just seems really really REALLY poorly thought out.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hate to say it but lesrider is 100% correct.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just got enough "Shadow Essence" to complete the quest... The problem i am a full INT mage and nothing but Void or Rift to choose from. What exactly was the point for mages to complete this quest? I'm thinking about holding off on turning it in to see if the Devs may add something for us soon?

- sad little Synrgy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Refriedchicken View Post
    I hate to say it but lesrider is 100% correct.
    What's so bad about agreeing with me?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crosacker View Post
    Just got enough "Shadow Essence" to complete the quest... The problem i am a full INT mage and nothing but Void or Rift to choose from. What exactly was the point for mages to complete this quest? I'm thinking about holding off on turning it in to see if the Devs may add something for us soon?

- sad little Synrgy
    I think a cyber (blue) laser wand and cyber hammer (blue Gurg hammer?) are needed. Ya never know, maybe it'll happen!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I feel like I wasted my time farming full cyber rift, such a disappointment...especially the shield and weapon. What a joke!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by apoceq View Post
    I feel like I wasted my time farming full cyber rift, such a disappointment...especially the shield and weapon. What a joke!
    I agree, which is why I left rift for last. You never know, tho, they might improve it like they did the cosmos set.