Thread: Why the economy dump?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb Why the economy dump?

If you just don't understand, maybe this will help.

The economy and prices... have been crushed , and will continue to get even more crushed, however, the prices will stabilize.
    For example:
    The Keeper staff dumped because of the massive amounts of runs on 'just' the keeper. So many runs have been done on the keeper in the past week, and so many people have been doing it, so if you have a BOATload of people running the same boss, the drops from that boss are not uncommon anymore. I saw TWO Keeper staffs drop at the same time once. I saw 5 total, and got one out of roughly 150 keepers...
    Lets do a little math.

Taking the rough estimate of keeper runs, and the number of times I saw a staff drop, we will say on average this item has a drop rate of 1/30 runs or 3.4%...

5 people running 1 Vlap/15 min is 20 (3.4%) chances to get a keeper staff.. Slim chance, however, still a possibility...

However... This is what happened:

100+ lvl 50 players all farming totems, only doing keeper in Vlaps every 10 minutes for 600 chances that the keeper will drop the staff/hour.

With a 3.4% chance of dropping, (which is much lower I'm sure) then there would be about 20 staffs seen in 600 runs.

With a drop rate of 1%, there would still be 6 seen.

.5% - about 3.

If these 6 people want to sell their staffs, they are going to have to undercut each other on the CS to get them to sell quicker.

For every hour, every day, over the past week, the number of Keeper staffs has jumped dramatically because more than 100 people have been farming Cyber gear. The number is probably closer to 500.

As more and more people continue to seek out the cyber gear, more and more loot will drop, and the prices will drop and eventually stabilize. So far the price for the Keeper staff has stabilized around 25,000 gold. Some lower (22k) and some higher (50k highest) but I expect that it will probably stay that way until more people get more cyber staffs.
    [B]Level 50 Cyber Void Full Dex Archer: Seratonin, Level 50 (Experimental) Dex/IntMage, Cyber Cosmos, Void: Species,
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Cross-eyed yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Nice explaination for the masses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow! That makes me want to poke my eyes out with a pencil.

No I kid! Lol. Good work!

/off to buy Keepers Staff at cs
    Yes'r I'm a real girl and no I don't have any gold to give you, sorry.