Thread: Class Help: Ranger

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Class Help: Ranger

Greetings y'all I've play practically ever class and combination between stats and skill points but never journeyed into the Ranger. I've seen some play quite obvious who hasn't. I'm here to create this post seeking your help on the Ranger Class. Taking your advance on builds, stats, skill points, etc. Mainly PvE purpose. Shall I go Pure Dex, Dex/Int, Dex/Str? Depending on which what shall I place my skill points in for maximum reason

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I currently have a 45 str/dex vixen, so I guess I can give you some tips. But before I do, keep in mind that these are personal preferences that I feel make a stronger overall character.

For attribute points, I go str/dex. Choose which one you want to have more of: More str for being more tanky, or dex for more damage. Just keep in mind that you need 157 of str to use Savage at level 75. The reason I'd go for str items is that you still do solid damage in combination with the ranger skills and str is overall most powerful late game due to high dodge, armor, and solid damage.
    For skill assignments, disregard Bandage! It doesn't do squat while your in combat and is worthless when you have health/mana potions. I find Poison Needles, Fox Howl, and Rage Tonic to be pretty effective in PvE. Evasion is also solid, but I'm not sure how effective Fury is if you already have enough dex to have sold hit%. Really upgrading any skill that does damage, like Hamstring, Vixen Kick, or Poison Dart, is good. Just ignore the worthless skills like Bandage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Class Help: Ranger

Thank you for your input. I'm aware it's more of personal preference but still wondering wether Dex/Int or Dex/Str so far leaning towards Dex/Str. As you said the specific amount for the 75 Set then rest in Dex would be beneficial. Is there a general ratio for Dex to Str or Dex to Int? Also seems there's some skills on the Fox players are lop sided about whether it's good or to completely skip it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

As to splitting the attributes, I'm not sure there's a magic to it. But here's why I'd go more heavily Dex.
    Depending on your class, increasing certain attributes increases skill damage (for Vixen, it's Dex). So that's why I'd do only 157 str for the str items, then the rest on Dex for skill damage and crit increase, etc. I don't know why you'd ever do Int at all unless you were using Int items. Even then I don't know why you'd use Int items unless it's for weapon procs. Really I think your options are pure Dex (Weaker) and Dex/Str (Tougher).

I think you should just look over each skill and what it does. Like I said, the only skill I think you should completely ignore is Bandage, since it is next to useless because it turns off in combat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yeah I've been looking into the abilities I completely agree with you on ignoring Bandage. It is a interesting ability but it's usage isn't needed. Decided Dex/Str

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Fury is practically useless if you are using a dex set.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was trying to get a flair achievement but need banjo. Is there a banjo fox can use? Dex banjo?