Thread: Eternal Legacy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Eternal Legacy

I'm about to buy the game on the app store... Thought it was a cool looking RPG...

Anyone here bought it already? Feedback?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not a big fan of the turn by turn gameplay.
    Aralon is supposed to be good, I'm waiting for it to install right now.
    Dungeon hunters 2 was decent (multilayer is a fail.)
    Infinity blade is somewhat entertaining, but very repetitive. It's mostly just eye-candy.
    Nova 2 looks sick (its a FPS). It's also downloading right now.
    Shadow guardian just came out today, and It looks decent. It's an original concept for an action game.
    Real Racing 2 just came out if you like car games. haven't had a chance to test yet, but it looks beautiful.
    I heard battlefield was kind of a let down (FPS based off of the console game.)
    Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light looks sick, it will be my next download most likey (hurray for coop!)

OMG I just found out dungeon defender just came out. GTG
    I'll post a review later most likely, but this is looking insane. I have been waiting forever!

Too many good games coming out lately!
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    FAIL! (oh man I always wanted to say that...)
    RosieODonell, Lvl 50 WarMage / Ogediah, Lvl 35 Warrior / DrPhill, Lvl 45 Archer
    (+ three others I play around with when bored)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Oo a Lara croft iPhone game? Sounds good

Please give feedback on dungeon defenders. I'm curious but not curious enough to buy it yet.
    Good to know DH2 multiplayer is no good -- that's what I was afraid of with Gameloft

Also not a fan of turn-based games. Otherwise Eternal Lehacy looks like a good game. It you like that kind of stuff. Looks like a Square Enix ripoff, but Hameloft is good at ripping off other games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Update: just looked at the Lara croft game. Graphics look shoddy. Not gonna buy for 7 bucks. Will see if it ever goes on sale and is worth it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I guess I'm the only one who likes those kind of games... Anyway I bought it and I'm really enjoying it so far...

Gonna check our Real Racing 2... But I'm still busy with GT5...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Oo a Lara croft iPhone game? Sounds good

Please give feedback on dungeon defenders. I'm curious but not curious enough to buy it yet.
    Good to know DH2 multiplayer is no good -- that's what I was afraid of with Gameloft

Also not a fan of turn-based games. Otherwise Eternal Lehacy looks like a good game. It you like that kind of stuff. Looks like a Square Enix ripoff, but Hameloft is good at ripping off other games.
    It's pretty in dept. Good artwork, not as fancy as infinity blade of course
    As i already said multiplayer is complete crap. Major connection issues, laggy, no chat... I could go on forever. My next biggest complaint is that your view is locked in place. You get things in the way of your screen and you can't rotate your view point around.
    I have just been casually playing it so I can't really comment on how well the whole system balances out, but it is definitely more evolved than PL in many aspects. For example quests, skill tree's, story line, etc.
    I still favor PL for it's freedom and multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Update: just looked at the Lara croft game. Graphics look shoddy. Not gonna buy for 7 bucks. Will see if it ever goes on sale and is worth it.
    They look a bit behind some other games on the market. if the game ends up working well, I wont care to much though.
    I think I read an HD version was coming out....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eleanor View Post
    I guess I'm the only one who likes those kind of games... Anyway I bought it and I'm really enjoying it so far...

Gonna check our Real Racing 2... But I'm still busy with GT5...
    Glad you enjoyed it! Other people enjoy them or there wouldn't be a market for them :P
    Good luck with real racing as well. I never did try out GT5. I was a big fan of the NFS games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Ogedaiah, which game were you talking about there with the no chat in multiplayer? DH2 or DD? If DH2, I'm not surmised about the messed up camera -- it's a total crapshoot with them. Occasionally they get the cameras right in a game, but rarely. I even downloaded Rayman for free recently, which give you control over the camera. Yet I still often find myself unable to look anywhere other than into a wall!! And still hard to estimate jumps. That's my biggest gripe with Gameloft and the reason I have some unfinished games with them -- the jumps are frustrating when you can't change the camera to gauge the distance. But DH1 was the first Hameloft game I bought and I did complete it with 2-3 different characters. The difference there is there's no jumping, so the camera isn't so bad. I imagine that's the same case for the new one?
    Last edited by Lesrider; 12-16-2010 at 07:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dungeon hunters 2. It it just really annoying for me.
    Thats the thing I love about Spacetime. Even if they do have a platform that is quite as highly evolved as some of the big names out there... they support their software. Gameloft is known for being terrible at that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Excuse the bump, but this seemed like the right thread for this:

I really am not enjoying Eternal Legacy. Perhaps it's the interface. Obviously, these devs know how to make a good UI, and it looks a lot like FF. It's from Gameloft. But there seems to be just one character (predetermined) and he gets sidekicks. It's the usual save-point type of game. Maybe I'm just resisting the goad? I just finished Aralon and I liked the freedom I had in making choices there. In this one, I feel like a spectator. I feel, maybe, like a manager rather than a player. There's an arrow like in PL's noobie map that stays there through the entire game, I suspect. And the skill effects have these wild videos that are nice the first time, but they get old and eventually tiresome. But I spent the $5 for it so little by little I will go back until I complete it. Who knows? I might even catch the bug and come to like it. But for now it reminds me too much of one of those DMs who takes over your character for half the game and gives it back changed in ways you don't like. I guess it's because they aren't "my" characters, are they? They are the devs' characters. I'm just playing them...