Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Contest of Arcane Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Contest of Arcane Legends

I wonder why always the rich people win contests?

contests are always "easy" can be said, but for weak people who do not have much gold is too difficult, a clear example would be this:

Arcane ring contest: Day 11: April 3, 2014 - 9:00 PM cdt - All 6 New Pets (Singe, Scorch, Scorn, Spitfire, Shadowlurk, Wurmtongue), people who do not have gold to buy these new pets no they could do that day by the issue of having these new pets that cost a lot of gold.

see what I'm getting at? that's one of the reasons which never participated in the contests.

because rich people always win, those who do not need such arcane ring for example, take advantage of poor people and do not give them a chance to win so they can advance in the game.

in my opinion SpacetimeStudios want rich people even richer becomes instead the poor to stay poor. -.-

Thanks for reading this
    Last edited by leojnv; 04-17-2014 at 01:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Seriously, all you had to do was go to Paradise Pier and wait around for the pets to be present. People were running around with the contest pets all day, just to help others out. I was one of them.

This seems like a thread of a player who doesn't want to bother earning gold, and just wants everything for free. Why are you poor? There are hundreds of mythic players who have never spent a single dollar on plat. I know because I have a guild full of them. Whining about things being unfair because you don't have gold is just anouncing you're too lazy to bother. Sorry, but this is just honesty. There is no excuse for someone to be poor in this game. Not everyone can be an arcane player, but everyone should be able to make enough to at least buy basic gear, a pet, and potions. Daily quests get you that much.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

3. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

lol have a service that you can spend a day waiting for that, with all due respect I tell you this
    Don't Forget Thank Me \\(^o^)//

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Singe Rescue's 3 random winners and Jester Vanity Contest is a great example. +1 leojnv

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Serancha I understand u.. and in this thread I only love" The famous plat spenders always win contest".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

It is a contest. Not a giveaway. There is a difference. This isn't little league. Not everyone gets a trophy for participating.

Day 11? I did that without owning a single one of those pets.
    Only those who risk going past the edge will find out how far they can go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Morholt if you have good guild, friends it is easy. But what about some of those who dont have any of these? Will they say everyone can u summon ur pet so i take a pic? And being called beggars?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I agree with Serancha here..many ppl were in town with their pets out for that day (including myself). The day with pic of scorn? I stood in town for 1 hour helping guildies who could join me and others from town. They didn't say, buy this pet and take a pic..just to take a pic with it. There are many people who are not plat users or rich and still found a way to post up even the most difficult challenge in these pics. Unless you tried all of your options, you're just ranting on forums :/ sorry but true

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

I did multiple pics in expedition camp. Sat there for less than a half an hour for the 6 pets shot and the 6 titles shot. Took a little bit of time but it was possible for everyone. The only thing that wasn't possible was for low lvl characters to complete all 20 days. If you are over lvl 34 there is no reason you couldn't have entered everyday with a bit of effort on those hard days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

Lol if you are so mad about loosing in a contest, just don't enter it and you won't have to bother.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I jumped to several of the towns. Within about 10-15 minutes, you had all the pets. All you had to do was listen to the people telling you to take the screenshot NOW!

Same with the titles.

If you were a bit more creative, you run around towns remembering who has the rarest pets, then go into a tavern and invite them all. Taverns also had lots of people with the new pets gathering.

In other words, meet your fellow players. Discover the world. That sort of thing.

(I stood in towns and taverns for several hours on each of those days, switching pets, titles, and saw many others doing the same. As I've posted before, those town meets were beautiful to watch -- the whole community coming together, so many great people)
    Last edited by Fyrce; 04-14-2014 at 01:34 PM.

Star light, star bright...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtmeet View Post
    Morholt if you have good guild, friends it is easy. But what about some of those who dont have any of these? Will they say everyone can u summon ur pet so i take a pic? And being called beggars?

From the very beginning, I believe it was Delphina who said, "this contest is going to require you to get help from friends and guildmates to complete all the challenges."

Also...remember...it's a contest. Not a giveaway. You have to 'compete' to some extent. If it was so that EVERYONE could be in the drawing to be randomly picked...why bother with the whole 20 days of screenshots? At that point...it should just be sts randomly awarding an arcane ring to an account. And where is the fun in that?
    Only those who risk going past the edge will find out how far they can go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

I got all the pets excpt singe and I helped a lot of people in screenshot myself. I know who will win. No new name so I didn't bothered to entered a silly contest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I agree with the thread that only rich player gets richer in these contests . I also got some rude people who just teleported away when I asked plz help with ss didn't even replied "I gtg" anything like that. But I was too much lucky since got very helpful Guildies with their help I got those 2 most difficult ss (6 diff title and pets ) in almost 1/2hr after getting online. But still I think what if there were lesser pets to get like only five other except that singe /wurmtongue/shadowlurk since they were most difficult to get at that time and for that title just that warmonger was most difficult ! It could have been helpful to those not having a nice guild nor rich friends ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianTwo View Post
    I agree with the thread that only rich player gets richer in these contests . I also got some rude people who just teleported away when I asked plz help with ss didn't even replied "I gtg" anything like that. But I was too much lucky since got very helpful Guildies with their help I got those 2 most difficult ss (6 diff title and pets ) in almost 1/2hr after getting online. But still I think what if there were lesser pets to get like only five other except that singe /wurmtongue/shadowlurk since they were most difficult to get at that time and for that title just that warmonger was most difficult ! It could have been helpful to those not having a nice guild nor rich friends ...
    It wouldn't be a challenge if it wasn't a bit difficult.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shanamerny View Post
    It wouldn't be a challenge if it wasn't a bit difficult.
    I am not saying to remove all those pets just one of them , thus there will be atleast less burden to find 3 rich people who r nice .... And yes these other 2 pets are also difficult to get at that time.
    And for title what if the warmonger title was replaced by some title which is difficult to get but not only rich people havong it ? Yes I agree if warmonger is removed it would be very easy ss.
    Edit: And I liked that ss of maneater with 10 minions and taking ss at a certain place... These are like challenge. And those ss of stahl in arena and with gold chest and tooth without gear are like challenging (+luck) . These are equally difficult (and easy) for all kind of players. Not like those ss with 6 new pets in which one should be rich or should have rich friend. Or just lucky to get someone like Serancha in some town.
    Last edited by GuardianTwo; 04-15-2014 at 03:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

As for the ring contest a 1 day discount has already been giving and that is more than enough.

As for the rich always winning this is not true in numerous contest i have seen a large quantity of average players also winning.

Most of the "poor" players you mentioned are poor cause they are casual and have no deep interest in the game so they don't even partecipate in contests talkless register on forum.

The majority of players on forums that partecipate actively in contests and brainstormings are most certainly those who have a good interest in the game and aren't from the noob and poor class, this is probably what makes it appear as if the rich always win: the simple fact there are more rich and average players on forum compaired to the poor ones. The vast majority of the poor players prefer to play the game just the way it gets to their device.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 04-15-2014 at 04:25 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtmeet View Post
    Singe Rescue's 3 random winners and Jester Vanity Contest is a great example. +1 leojnv

Agree. i was going to comment these.
    They said they choose it ramdomly but why do always arcane players always win.

I unlive in Underworld. Unlive, not live.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Counterhit ph View Post
    Agree. i was going to comment these.
    They said they choose it ramdomly but why do always arcane players always win.
    Its a random...
    They use RNG (Random Number Generator) for choosing winners...
    Jester vanity contest is a contest that are using RNG
    And, singe contest is a contest that mods/devs choosing the winners..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

when i log in AL it got me directly to paradise (coz last time i was there wheb i log off) and saw most of ppl with any of these 6pets. u need only luck and patience by jumping between paradise and expedition lol