Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Contest of Arcane Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Well im poor too..i dont have those pet. but seriously. Here arcane legend community is generous. As long as u ask properly and get their permission. Im sure they who those have that pet willing to take screenshot with you.
    if someone that dont want Im sure theres alot more.
    That how I got my screenshot. keep trying buddy. Alot good and awesome player here.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nickaizoku For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtmeet View Post
    "The famous plat spenders always win contest".

Not all people with well known names are plat spenders. And there are very few people I know who are famous FOR spending plat. So either way, this appears to be a generalization for all "well known" players. (I also suspect in this case "plat spender" actually means "crate popper").

Unless they are a personal friend or guildmate, or running around bragging, there is no real way to know if someone spends plat or earns gold to buy their items. Many many people get mythic and arcane items without spending real money.

I don't get the derogatory attitude some people have about plat people anyways. Remember these people are the ones who pay so you can play for free. If anything you should cheer when they win something, because it might encourage them to chip in for more development.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Not all people with well known names are plat spenders. And there are very few people I know who are famous FOR spending plat. So either way, this appears to be a generalization for all "well known" players. (I also suspect in this case "plat spender" actually means "crate popper").

Unless they are a personal friend or guildmate, or running around bragging, there is no real way to know if someone spends plat or earns gold to buy their items. Many many people get mythic and arcane items without spending real money.

I don't get the derogatory attitude some people have about plat people anyways. Remember these people are the ones who pay so you can play for free. If anything you should cheer when they win something, because it might encourage them to chip in for more development.
    I don't think they have a problem with plat spenders. But when plat starts to seem to give advantage to people beyond the game, then they have a problem.

Plat spenders are crucial to this game and anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about

Sent from my Xperia U using Tapatalk 4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Chances of winning

Rich people - 90%

Poor to Average people - 10%

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gaararhen For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

I choose not believe the contests are hand picked but i would also like to see that famous RnG cause this time it wasn't added to the winners thread.
    I would also like to finally see a contest were i know nobody among the winners. Like "who is this dude that won".

Cause in every darn single contest there is alwsys a darn famous winner. And he or she doesn't win the lowest prize but the best.

This just a observation though, theoretical BS.

#wheretheRnG?
    Last edited by Anarchist; 04-16-2014 at 12:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

A good way to remove doubts would be making a video or streaming when the winners are sorted out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Ok so according to you plat spender rich people should be the most winning people in these contests. But what if we just think one scenario : Let normal but hardworking people be the people winning most contest (in eg 3:1 odds just eg ) then for rich people who have not got that shard ring (just eg) will pop crates use plats for getting that shard or ring thus more profit. And what now is happening, plat spender/rich people getting shard or ring in contest so they doesn't need to pop crate use plats for it(if they have still not found before the contest) so less profit since other people are obviously willing to get item but yet obviously they are not plat spender so they won't pop crates thus less profit. And if they(rich/plat spender) already have got that thing and they are already rich and now they will sell that thing for much much gold and just accumulate gold.

What are your thoughts about it?
    (Plz I have no hatred towards any of them I am just saying. No offence plz.)
    Last edited by GuardianTwo; 04-16-2014 at 12:05 AM. Reason: some grametical mistakes :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

That is not what I said. Read the rest of my post. Selective quoting is inaccurate.

The contests are not rigged. Random number generators do not have IQ's to say "pick the rich person's post". It is luck of the draw. I am a normal, hardworking person. I earned my gear by farming and selling everything I found. It took me over 10 months to get enough together to buy Sam, but I don't feel I have more of a right to win a contest than someone who spent hundreds of actual dollars to pop crates for their gear.

In any case, are you saying plat players should not be allowed to participate in contests because they got big-ticket items sooner than you? The whole concept of the game is that you can get anything by hard work, and if you spend real money you can likely get it sooner.

Should they make all the good contests for non-paying customers only? Should the paying customers have a lower chance to win? I'm sorry, but the argument does not make any sense whatsoever.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

That is not what I said. Read the rest of my post. Selective quoting is inaccurate.

The contests are not rigged. Random number generators do not have IQ's to say "pick the rich person's post". It is luck of the draw. I am a normal, hardworking person. I earned my gear by farming and selling everything I found. It took me over 10 months to get enough together to buy Sam, but I don't feel I have more of a right to win a contest than someone who spent hundreds of actual dollars to pop crates for their gear.

In any case, are you saying plat players should not be allowed to participate in contests because they got big-ticket items sooner than you? The whole concept of the game is that you can get anything by hard work, and if you spend real money you can likely get it sooner.

Should they make all the good contests for non-paying customers only? Should the paying customers have a lower chance to win? I'm sorry, but the argument does not make any sense whatsoever.
    Only thing that was said was once you win a big ticket prize you should be put on hold for the next few contests,you interpreted it wrong

And plat players having an advantage is absolutely irrefutable. But suggesting that that should give them advantages that move forward from acquiring items/gold faster to an edge on forum competitions is a little weird don't you think?

And everyone knows that random number generators are used but when the winners are popular plat spenders so many times,it kinda looks suspicious. I'm not saying it is,I'm just telling you what it looks like.

Sent from my Xperia U using Tapatalk 4

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

day 11 is a hard challenge... I know what it feels... I gve up on that
    Last edited by baddiva; 04-16-2014 at 02:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Lol, talk about sour grapes.

But if people are going to be too bitter to enter future contests because they lost out on this one, then hey that's better odds for the rest of us.
    Airys <Average Joes>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Hmm... I can see the point of this thread, but I can also see where it fails.

1. First resource problem: No guild wants a noob. So the idea of joining a guild with helpful players is out the window. Not to mention, most of these top guilds stay within their cliche.

2. This 'run around town and find people to help idea' is next to non-existent. There's a limited amount of players who are willing to help new people because of all the scammers, beggers, and short-term players.

So... yes. I can see where low level players have a limited chance during contests.

My motto for any new players: Put in the time, Enjoy the prime. Otherwise... movest along thou short-term children.
    Hakuna Matatas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gaararhen View Post
    Chances of winning

Rich people - 90%

Poor to Average people - 10%
    I'm average and I've won two contests.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianTwo View Post
    Let normal but hardworking people be the people winning most contest (in eg 3:1 odds just eg ) then for rich people who have not got that shard ring (just eg) will pop crates use plats for getting that shard or ring thus more profit.
    Again, you're making some bold assumptions. Just because you see someone's name on the forums or they are active in the game doesn't make them "rich". I have never been "rich" in this game because I choose not to dedicate and inordinate amount of time or money to it. However, I have been playing STS games for a loooong time. So yes, I do have a high post count on the forums. But please, don't mistake this for someone's wealth in game. This is a perception problem.

If you are going to have a contest, you have to let EVERYONE do it.

All the people complaining, I'd just like to give some food for thought. Pay it forward. I've spent a great deal of my time and "wealth" in game trying to do this. I also try my best to offer what knowledge I have whenever possible. Karma maybe? I don't know
    Last edited by Rare; 04-16-2014 at 07:55 AM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

1. I never quote without reading that post atleast twice(coz to get clear idea of what the post says!) I had read urs too.
    2. That profit that I wrote was from sts view. I think it wasn't read properly.(or just ignore this)
    3. And I am not saying that normal-hardworking people should get any advantage in any contest but this should be applied to other people too. Why there are many saying that only rich people winning " gratz xyz " and all that and not saying that I didn't knew this person!
    4. And yes RNG I am also feeling that it CAN be biased or whatever idk ....
    5. And according to u anyone can get anything in the game and if someone spends money on game then that person can get it faster.. But should this thing be considered in unbiased contests.

It can be that idk much so I won't post anything else. And contest is done and dusted. Leave it let's look for future contests or farming :P . If anyone felt offended I am really sorry.
    Last edited by GuardianTwo; 04-16-2014 at 07:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianTwo View Post
    3. And I am not saying that normal-hardworking people should get any advantage in any contest but this should be applied to other people too. Why there are many saying that only rich people winning " gratz xyz " and all that and not saying that I didn't knew this person!
    Because they are misinformed or draw their own conclusions.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I just said that the 11th was an example of many lol

22.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #37
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Like it's been mentioned, all of the winners for this contest were chosen via random number generation (there are screenshots, just in case of disputes...), but you did have to work hard for this contest. It involved a lot of teamwork, coordination etc. Delphina and I were very careful in the contest to make sure that each shot was attainable even without platinum. It just took a little effort. For example, in screenshots with pets or titles, you weren't required to have them yourself, but find people who did have them. For a prize like an Arcane Ring, it can't be THAT easy.

I think what people notice is that the "rich and famous" players that you see winning contests are very active in the forums where the contest is held and in game quite often. They may have money, but that's not why they win the contests. They win because they are active and participate in just about everything, so you see them winning more often.

In contests like this we do not play favorites. We just pick randomly from the pool of participants to make it absolutely as fair as possible. Keep on trying, keep on entering and being active, and you will surely win one day.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    you will surely win one day.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Anarchist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

You know, they really do not have to even host the contest. I know plenty of non wealthy players who won.

I think what people think of non wealthy is 0 mythics, lol.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Once somebody wins a contest they shouldn't be eligible for others for a while, but that's just me.

(plenty of ways to get around that though)