Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Time to make things fair again

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Magnum is known for doing that, as well as renaming themselves after others. It's expected, but I don't think it's really relevant to the thread.

@Magnum Officers
    If you expect this to take effect in a week, I suggest that you abandon the notion entirely. With how large your guild is, it'll take at least a week alone for everyone to get the message, along with allied guilds. So, by the time people actually start showing signs of relenting, the week will be up and things will be how they used to be. This is a major reason why I don't take this to be a serious effort.
    My point was, why bother trying for anti blocking games and the like if one of your members (no, two - I forgot Ctf) hates eos with a passion. Maybe these members are the root of the problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    My point was, why bother trying for anti blocking games and the like if one of your members (no, two - I forgot Ctf) hates eos with a passion. Maybe these members are the root of the problem.
    Then again, we all do that. I'm sure we're all familiar with the term "Magnub". However, I don't think that people have gone so far and created a mockery using in game utilities like characters and guild halls so I do see your point.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

I replied in bold.
    I just noticed one thing you will never understand no matter how i place it for you.

Your view actually is contaminated by the fact you are among one of the sides in conflict.
    Zeus your conclusions are one of those that should definately be given zero credits cause whether you want it or not you will always be subjective.

What actually is needed is the opinion of someone that is not that much interested in pvp but knows how pvp system works or should be working and is not siding any faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    To Resilience:
    To those who are willing put past feuds aside to start anew and make things work, I salute you. To those whose hearts overflow with hatred, please put it aside and try making PvP fresh for everyone again. There's no point in saying "I'll never ever ever forgive you scumbags and you'll never have a fair game again as long as I live"- you're just perpetuating the cycle that was started so long ago by whoever's fault it was (btw the rest of us don't care who started this- we just want a fun PvP environment) and the hate will never end.

To Magnum:
    To those like Ironlung who stepped forward to take the first step towards repairing months of damage done through ugly fights and abusive exchanges, I won't question your intentions and will give my support towards cleaning up the mess that is PvP. I can only hope along with everyone else that there is enough willpower behind this initiative to ensure the cooperation of all guilds involved, and not have people still fanning the flames of a tiresome war that has seen enough collateral damage done to the whole of AL.

Please, PLEASE make this work. I am putting my last ounce of faith and optimism in supporting this motion to make things right again. Be responsible players and work for the betterment of the community, lest this pointless and neverending debate re-ignites and this whole theatre becomes the legacy of a part of AL forever destroyed.

One question: Is Resilence ready to cooperate with Magnum right now, past tensions and efforts put aside for a clean pvp?
    Last edited by Anarchist; 04-15-2014 at 11:06 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EliteFamily View Post
    I just noticed one thing you will never understand no matter how i place it for you.

Your view actually is contaminated by the fact you are among one of the sides in conflict.
    Zeus your conclusions are one of those that should definately be given zero credits cause whether you want it or not you will always be subjective.

What actually is needed is the opinion of someone that is not that much interested in pvp but knows how pvp system works or should be working and is not siding any faction.

One question: Is Resilence ready to cooperate with Magnum right now, past tensions and efforts put aside for a clean pvp?
    As I stated in bold, we are. However, that is not happening.

Secondly, you look at Safiras (not insulting you, Saf, you're a great person!) like Mother Theresa reincarnated. I can actually quote you on it, so how can you say that you are not biased in that? Does she have a good opinion? Yes. However, it's not really working.

Let me explain why:

• Magnum made this thread and they cannot even initiate without throwing the blame on someone else. How do you expect somebody to pull it off when they're not willing to let go of past differences themselves? "We did not start this war, we know who did." When <Loyal> tried a movement like this, we did not point fingers and say "Although it wasn't our fault, lets change!" That's not putting the past behind you, that's justifying yourself and then trying to make yourself look like someone who cares when in reality, they are just trying to save face and hide behind a multitude of visages.

• Public statement was made before guilds were well informed. How do you expect it to be carried out when their own members do not even know?

Again, we are willing to cooperate...however as I have stated many times, despite many words here, this proposal is not happening in game. I've only seen one person attempt this and that was Orangekahel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

I'll have my last take on this:

I understand that some have their grudges against Magnum and that this thread may look like a puppet show for you guys; but I don't think being pessimistic whether this can be accomplished will be of any help. If you do not see this happening or treat this as nothing but an unrealistic goal, please contribute by keeping them within yourselves. What I'm seeing here are simply "you never listened to us before, how are we gonna do the same?", believe me these are unnecessary comments that do nothing to contribute to the thread.

There is an element of time constraint and I hope ya'll realize that. If say we succeed doing this and the grudges ensues, then I do not know how to please the consensus.

Good day to you all.
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

you all can keep pointing magnum as dirty guild, blocker, or what else..we, at magnum, this time busy to fix it all..no need to posting here, or arguing about it, but i believe we work on it right now..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limsyoker View Post
    Thanks for derailing the thread guys; I appreciate that very well.
    This thread should not even be born.
    Name:  1397565571332.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  21.0 KB
    Beware of lightning

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Some of the attitudes displayed within this thread are exactly why myself, and plenty more, do not pvp - in this game -.

Noones listening to anything constructive thats been said. Its just "they did this, we didnt do that" until both sides just -let it go-, itll never change.

Good luck.
    Last edited by eeknoh; 04-15-2014 at 11:48 AM. Reason: clarification, bolded
    I smell bacon

9. The Following User Says Thank You to eeknoh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kill3rPao View Post
    This thread should not even be born.
    Name:  1397565571332.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  21.0 KB
    I'm sorry if this thread cannot please you. I guess I'd have to dig in and look for ways to put a smile on your face. Nevertheless I understand what you are trying to say. Good day.
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eeknoh View Post
    The attitudes displayed within this thread are exactly why myself, and plenty more, do not pvp - in this game -.

Noones listening to anything constructive thats been said. Its just "they did this, we didnt do that" until both sides just -let it go-, itll never change.

Good luck.
    Actions speak louder than words, that's all I'm going to say.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I'm sorry if this thread cannot please you. I guess I'd have to dig in and look for ways to put a smile on your face. Nevertheless I understand what you are trying to say. Good day.
    This discussion makes me laugh. Maybe you have not yet figured out.

Until a short time ago we complained about the same point, you with your ally you have continued to play dirty, now that the situation has changed and you want to understand our part?
    Hypocrites. Take the consequences of your actions.*
    Beware of lightning

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kill3rPao View Post
    This discussion makes me laugh. Maybe you have not yet figured out.

Until a short time ago we complained about the same point, you with your ally you have continued to play dirty, now that the situation has changed and you want to understand our part?
    Hypocrites. Take the consequences of your actions.*
    Thanks.
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

1. Close this thread.
    2. Give certain players time to change their style of playing.
    3. Report those who doesnt follow these rules to their GM/co-GM/officers.
    4. Evaluate the situation after a few days.

This will only work if the guilds (all parties of the alliance) really want to change. That means that if 2 guilds play clean, but the 3rd continues the old ways, all 3 loses. This wont be over until then, and I think everyone can agree on that.
    Tired and retired.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hummer For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

As I stated in bold, we are. However, that is not happening.

Secondly, you look at Safiras (not insulting you, Saf, you're a great person!) like Mother Theresa reincarnated. I can actually quote you on it, so how can you say that you are not biased in that? Does she have a good opinion? Yes. However, it's not really working.

Let me explain why:

• Magnum made this thread and they cannot even initiate without throwing the blame on someone else. How do you expect somebody to pull it off when they're not willing to let go of past differences themselves? "We did not start this war, we know who did." When <Loyal> tried a movement like this, we did not point fingers and say "Although it wasn't our fault, lets change!" That's not putting the past behind you, that's justifying yourself and then trying to make yourself look like someone who cares when in reality, they are just trying to save face and hide behind a multitude of visages.

• Public statement was made before guilds were well informed. How do you expect it to be carried out when their own members do not even know?

Again, we are willing to cooperate...however as I have stated many times, despite many words here, this proposal is not happening in game. I've only seen one person attempt this and that was Orangekahel.
    Then what do you think about helping Magnum leaders meet up with their words instead of singing to them the same old "you started it" song?

You don't see the opportunity you have here. Resilence can pratically grab Magnum by the balls and instead you guys are there doing nothing.

You said you are better? Then,

Take their words as truth and believe in their intentions, cooperate with Magnum, point to the leaders their members that don't follow the rules both guilds will initiallt stipulate and they will point yours to you.

Put your grudges aside and your wills together. Give Magnum time and afterwards stipulate a Resiliance- Magnum contract known to everyone in AL a simple contract that states how the guilds should each respectively play pvp. Any member from both factions that trespasses the contract his kicked. Zero tolerance.

Change has to come from you too not only from the others, you have your perks.

Try again and test if Magnum can keep up to their word and to your pace. If they don't well everybody in Arlor will know that Resilence is better and afterwards there will be no more competition. You won.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EliteFamily View Post
    Then what do you think about helping Magnum leaders meet up with their words instead of singing to them the same old "you started it" song?

You don't see the oppurtonity you got here. Resilence can pratically grab Magnum by the balls and instead you are there doing nothing.

Take their words as truth and believe in their intentions, cooperate with Magnum, point to the leaders their members that don't follow the rules both guilds will initiallt stipulate and they will point yours to you.

Put your grudges aside and your wills together. Give Magnum time and afterwards stipulate a Resiliance- Magnum contract known to everyone in AL a simple contract that states how the guilds should each respectively play pvp. Any member from both factions that trespasses the contract his kicked. Zero tolerance.

Change has to come from you too not only from the others, you have your perks.

Try again and test if Magnum can keep up to their word and to your pace. If they don't well everybody in Arlor will know that Resilence is better and afterwards there will be no more competition. You won.
    This makes some sense, but it's easier said than done.

Currently, I am already doing what you've stated and waiting for the message to reach members of their guilds and allies. I think that time frame should be a week. After this week, the week of no blocking should start and see how it works.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Endkey View Post
    Sorry abt my sucky english lims..hope he gets wat i mean
    No it's not sucky and you know that. I'm sure he gets your point, don't worry.
    Your English isn't sucky.. But I just don't see the relevance of you telling me how I should type.. Thanks for the advice?

This thread once again..
    Ruined .. People pointing fingers rather than posting constructive posts.. And as for those people who keep saying we didn't start this blah blah... Two wrongs don't make right.. Like I've said before.. Doesn't make you look any better.. And as for my experience right now... Magnum is on the hot sit and resilience is more quiet in pvp when it comes to other players.. While magnum been causing problems with any guild with this ganging and spot blocking.. So point is.. Ironlung initiated
    Something.. Please follow through that change.. And even if other guilds or resilience and eos continue to cause beef after all the "change" with no spot blocking etc.. THEn let them.. In the end of the day you know who the better person is.. By not continually doing what "everyone" else is doing.. @CTF that whole future thing analogy pls is love to see that.. I'm sure eventualy every guild will stop if you guys do follow through
    Last edited by inkredible; 04-15-2014 at 12:16 PM.

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hummer View Post
    1. Close this thread.

This will only work if the guilds (all parties of the alliance) really want to change. That means that if 2 guilds play clean, but the 3rd continues the old ways, all 3 loses. This wont be over until then, and I think everyone can agree on that.
    I'd have to agree with everything and would like to stress out the third paragraph. I believe harmony can be attained only if the 3 will cease whatever is being practiced right now. +1
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

What you guys dont get is this ..... Have we actually said no we won't? This is how Resilience and Eos now work because our hands were forced into this way of pvp ... We treat those how they treat us, so less talking and more proving you can and we will take it from there. Nothing more needs to be said ....as they say the proof is in the pudding .... Prove it!

The original phrase is "The proof of the pudding is in the eating!" Which means you have to eat the pudding to know what's inside of it.

The modern version of "The proof is in the pudding." Implies that there is a lot of evidence that I will not go through at this moment and you should take my word for it, or you could go through all of the evidence yourself.

*****Thread Closed Plz*****
    Last edited by Emmacheese; 04-15-2014 at 12:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emmacheese View Post
    What you guys dont get is this ..... Have we actually said no we won't? This is how Resilience and Eos now work because our hands were forced into this way of pvp ... We treat those how they treat us, so less talking and more proving you can and we will take it from there. Nothing more needs to be said ....as they say the proof is in the pudding .... Prove it!

the proof is in the pudding
    The original phrase is "The proof of the pudding is in the eating!" Which means you have to eat the pudding to know what's inside of it.

The modern version of "The proof is in the pudding." Implies that there is a lot of evidence that I will not go through at this moment and you should take my word for it, or you could go through all of the evidence yourself.

*****Thread Closed Plz*****
    Emma, I think I have an idea how to make this idea work.

So far, here is the issue:
    • Magnum members do not know of this new rule or do not realize how strictly it will be enforced, so they keep doing it.
    • Thus, EoS and Resilience keep up what they are doing because it appears that Magnum will not stop.
    Solution:
    1. Magnum & allies, let your guilds know what the new rules of order are and when they will be in effect. During this time period, the rule will not be active but merely the delivery of the rule and it's start date will be active. So, anything that happens in between this period of time is fair game.
    2. Resilience and allies, we will defend ourselves while this information is being spread.
    3. When the date of the new rules of order go into effect, we STOP previous action and try the rules of order for one to two weeks. If it works, it works. If it doesn't, like Elite said, people will know that we tried to our fullest.

Let me know what you think.
    Last edited by Zeus; 04-15-2014 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Grammatical error, fixed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hummer View Post
    1. Close this thread.

Of course I share with you these thoughts, but I bet it will be when everything calmed down, they will come back to do a dirty game. With insults etc, just seeing the comments of GM barz in gh. Mature.
    Name:  images-1.jpeg
Views: 246
Size:  9.1 KB
    "We eat em"
    Beware of lightning