Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AL luck system explained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Default AL luck system explained

If you have been playing AL for a while you already know that there is no luck involved when looting items.
    The reason we don't have a pure "random number generator for every item we loot" is:
    1. Reduce server cost
    2. Control the market
    Everything is time based and i will give a few examples:
    1. If 2 people check klaas one after eachother they will, most of the time, get the same lix.
    2. If 2 parties look for an elusive on the same map at the same time, the elusive will spawn for both parties in the same place at the same time( Elusive 4/krunch 2/bael 2)
    3. The elusive 4 always spawn in the same mobs, not in random mibs across the maps.
    4. In the winter event when everyone was looking for the tarlok dragon, when someone was announcing tarlok in guildchat then more people announce thry found it too. Point is that if a party foynd tarlok then all the parties who entered the portal at around the same time got tarlok too.
    5. Elite bosses spit out a specific amount of legendary gear each day. I don't know eactly if it is time based or number of times the boss was killed. All i know is that the more people farm a map then the more IMPOSSIBLE it is to get the desired item.
    If you were farming teeth then you know they were prety easy to get first hour in the expansion. Then after more people started farming them it became impossible.
    6. I am not much of a locked opener so this is just a theory: Mythic and Arcane items drop from crates every time a specific amount of crates have been opened. Example of how it works: Lets's say arcane maul is set to drop every 1000 crates opened.

Someone on the server loots a maul and stops opening more crates. I start opening crates and stop at the 999 th crate without looting the desired maul. Now the next person who will open the next ctrate will loot the maul.

So stop saying you have bad luck. Just say that you have bad timing.
    This is the worst loot system i have seen in any game.
    Last edited by gumball3000; 03-20-2014 at 07:16 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gumball3000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Is there any proof? If there arent then dont make assumtions. Thanks.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sceazikua For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

There is proof, whenever I take my daily rewards from Klaas and Shaz back to back, I get the exact same elixir from both of them. I dont think its a coincidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AL-Freelancer

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Xenobiotic For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

I am not making any assumptions, everything is based on my experoences in game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gumball3000 View Post
    I am not making any assumptions, everything is based on my experoences in game.
    But without solid evidence, it's not a solid explanation.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    But without solid evidence, it's not a solid explanation.
    I just gave solid evidence..u want sts to check my klaas-shazbot history?

AL-Freelancer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xenobiotic View Post
    There is proof, whenever I take my daily rewards from Klaas and Shaz back to back, I get the exact same elixir from both of them. I dont think its a coincidence.

This rarely ever happens for me and I always take them back to back (only one per day)

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gumball3000 View Post
    If you have been playing AL for a while you already know that there is no luck involved when looting items.
    The reason we don't have a pure "random number generator for every item we loot" is:
    1. Reduce server cost
    2. Control the market
    Everything is time based and i will give a few examples:
    1. If 2 people check klaas one after eachother they will, most of the time, get the same lix.
    2. If 2 parties look for an elusive on the same map at the same time, the elusive will spawn for both parties in the same place at the same time( Elusive 4/krunch 2/bael 2)
    3. The elusive 4 always spawn in the same mobs, not in random mibs across the maps.
    4. In the winter event when everyone was looking for the tarlok dragon, when someone was announcing tarlok in guildchat then more people announce thry found it too. Point is that if a party foynd tarlok then all the parties who entered the portal at around the same time got tarlok too.
    5. Elite bosses spit out a specific amount of legendary gear each day. I don't know eactly if it is time based or number of times the boss was killed. All i know is that the more people farm a map then the more IMPOSSIBLE it is to get the desired item.
    If you were farming teeth then you know they were prety easy to get first hour in the expansion. Then after more people started farming them it became impossible.
    6. I am not much of a locked opener so this is just a theory: Mythic and Arcane items drop from crates every time a specific amount of crates have been opened. Example of how it works: Lets's say arcane maul is set to drop every 1000 crates opened.

Someone on the server loots a maul and stops opening more crates. I start opening crates and stop at the 999 th crate without looting the desired maul. Now the next person who will open the next ctrate will loot the maul.

So stop saying you have bad luck. Just say that you have bad timing.
    This is the worst loot system i have seen in any game.
    I don't understand ur logic at all... Your saying the reason we don't have random number generator is because we could end up having the same loot and elixir or ending up encountering elusive at the same time? It wouldn't be random number generator then.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Lol...this post...!

I believe they use pseudo randomness incorporated into their own private algorithm. So, it's not just based on the factors of normal pseudo randomness but also variables that they have defined.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

It is very likely that STS use pseudorandom number generator based on server's time. I believe that getting the same elixirs from Klaas isn't caused by random generator issues. Really, how bad a random generator should be, if it generates the same number after 10-20 secs of logging in to another account?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

hmm. i think some private code is associated with every object in the game including loots.
    for example when i enter a map multiple people are entering in that map means different instances of map being created. and the code associated loot object is "drop loot when instances created >1000". reset instances." and there may be another codes associated loot object which says "which player to get loot". if number 1000 replace by 1500. loot becomes more rare. when i'm entering the map i don't know which instance i'm in currently now. and when i loot people say luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

actually, he's right on the klass and shazbot elixirs. I'll get my shazbot first, if it's a crappy one I'll wait for a few minutes before I go to klaas because it's always the same.

Idk about a set amount of items per day but there is definitely a time element involved in the drop system. In PL I ran mt fang probably more than only a handful of people and if "the pinks were dropping" they were dropping for everyone. If they weren't you were wasting your time looking for them. In DL you only had to hunt for vanities for 30 min. If you were to get one it was going to be within the first 30 min you were running. If you ran more than that you NEVER got a vanity. I haven't ran elites enough or opened enough crates to comment in AL but you notice the same thing in Arena. When the pinks and chests are dropping they're dropping for everyone, if they aren't you're wasting your time.

Idk what their random drop system is but imo it's not truly random. I know how random works and it's not either the hit or miss that STS games seem to be.

just my 2 cents

18. The Following User Says Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Weh! Di nga!? Pauso lng yata yan eh.
    O bka sbi lng yan ng lolo mo h.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Exp.whenever I use my toons go to daily bard quest like "troll breakfast"...and later when past next daily I return to my main daily quest it will be the same "Troll Breakfast".but I think these has nothing to do with luck system
    Interested in joining xX Fallen Angels Xx? Click here!
    (Site under new page)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Card View Post
    Exp.whenever I use my toons go to daily bard quest like "troll breakfast"...and later when past next daily I return to my main daily quest it will be the same "Troll Breakfast".but I think these has nothing to do with luck system
    It has been like that since the bard was revamped, that all the bards will give same map to anyone in a same day.

And, saying you get same elixir is clueless, because there are only a few types of elixirs. Though, whenever I get speed elixir, I dont see all others around me run faster. There maybe 1 or 2 that gets same elixir, but not all at the same time.
    Last edited by Sceazikua; 03-20-2014 at 08:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

This is just silly.

BTW the elusives do not spawn from the exact same mobs. They can come from any mob of their type that is in the map. So any shark can be First Mate Ripper. How do I know? I have photo records of 50+ elusives and no two are in the exact same spot.

Edit:

Also, the Klaas rewards are likely set to certain ones each time it comes up. So if your alts are all on the same reward schedule, you are likely to find yourself getting the same items on all characters. Like I got 25 health and 25 mana on 4 characters today, and most times they are the same. It's like the dialy bards quest - everyone gets thte same one for a 24 hour period, then it changes. But if your alt skipped it the day before, you can someitmes get different ones on the same day.
    Last edited by Serancha; 03-20-2014 at 08:54 AM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    actually, he's right on the klass and shazbot elixirs. I'll get my shazbot first, if it's a crappy one I'll wait for a few minutes before I go to klaas because it's always the same.

Idk about a set amount of items per day but there is definitely a time element involved in the drop system. In PL I ran mt fang probably more than only a handful of people and if "the pinks were dropping" they were dropping for everyone. If they weren't you were wasting your time looking for them. In DL you only had to hunt for vanities for 30 min. If you were to get one it was going to be within the first 30 min you were running. If you ran more than that you NEVER got a vanity. I haven't ran elites enough or opened enough crates to comment in AL but you notice the same thing in Arena. When the pinks and chests are dropping they're dropping for everyone, if they aren't you're wasting your time.

Idk what their random drop system is but imo it's not truly random. I know how random works and it's not either the hit or miss that STS games seem to be.

just my 2 cents
    Indeed. For some elixir, like those single type speed, luck, armor/ damage, and pots seems to give you the same thing around the same period.
    For combo elixir, hauntlet coins, bards tokens, or pets, much harder to get them even if you are collecting them at about the same time.
    -rethgifllub-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    This is just silly.

BTW the elusives do not spawn from the exact same mobs. They can come from any mob of their type that is in the map. So any shark can be First Mate Ripper. How do I know? I have photo records of 50+ elusives and no two are in the exact same spot.

50+ elusive? That is hard to believe.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xenobiotic View Post

Wow so you get eggs from aha bit when you get them from klaas? Uber awesome lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

There is some truth, you can notice this on proc of the weapons: sometimes just don't want happen, sometimes happens quick repeatedly.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post: