Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old Player Egos - Tired of hearing about it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Old Player Egos - Tired of hearing about it

<rant>

Is it just me, or is anyone else who is new to Pocket Legends getting tired of being told our equipment is crap? It's daily someone complains that my wand and eye (which are level 50 pinks) are crap items. With these latest quests going on, the only thing people want to do is keeper runs. And all the old players, they run around in all their super rare items, having all the items they could ever want, and don't understand that it's extremely difficult for the new group to get these items when no one even stays in the game on victory lap if it isn't keeper.

I would love to have a laser wand and gurgox eye. I try and solo Plothoz all the time, and hope someone will join that will actually stick around to help kill it, but it's rare. I would love to even have a change to get these items, but it's so hard to find a group willing to go outside of these darn keeper runs.

So for all your old pocket legend players with your fishbowl helmets and tye dye armor, give us new crowd a break. Step off your high horse. Put your ego to the side. Spend a little time extra killing something that might help someone other than yourself. For those that have, thank you.

</rant>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Theres plenty of newer players, i have a friend who got full rift in his first 2 weeks of playing, maybe its cause he farms instead of ranting on forums, stop crying and go farm.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Theres plenty of newer players, i have a friend who got full rift in his first 2 weeks of playing, maybe its cause he farms instead of ranting on forums, stop crying and go farm.
    Are you 21, because you really deserve to be bought a beer for that!

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's some burn cream. You'll need it by the time his thread dies.
    Pyranthus - Level 50 full dex bird
    Chuckfinnley - Level 30 tank
    Amaranth - Level 18 enchantress
    "I will show you fear in a handful of dust." - T. S. Eliot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

what if farm luck = 0? not a pretty sight.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

EaSt, TeXaS> Out In Sticks ,Huntin For Some Deer,Hog,Fish,A New Gun,Drinkin Beer And Wasting Bullets
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

thats funny cause i been here since april when it started im ol school i hav never said nothin bad to no one unless they said it to me first.. i see new levels an new players i give em anything i dont want that i hav usually and then some.....
    Last edited by Darkchylde; 12-16-2010 at 05:06 PM.
    Darkchylde<>WarriorNinerlife<>ArcherRhowen<>Witch ME...IN A GUILD?!?...HELL, NAH!!!!! !!!!!HOOK EM HORNS
    AwAy WE GO //WhIsKeY bUrNs Me uP,wInE tUrNs AlL My tEeTh Red,TeQuIlLa mAkEs Me LoCo,ChAmPgNe HuRtS mY hEaD....Im JuS a COLD BEER DRANKER CHECK OUT MY POP TOP FANGER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Lol nice.
    People seem to forget that those of us with the best gear did not always have the best gear. But we managed to get it by working at it. Find friends to do it with and stop crying on the forums. God.

The rest of us did it when it meant a lot more teamwork and a lot more dying, too! You'd never hear of anyone soloing plothozz before 1.5!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

HO, HO, HO! Check out the hunt for santa contest! Santa gave away a keeper staff earlier

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

LOL! It's not "old players", it's noobs who are telling you that nonsense. The old players have seen changes come and go and we did our whining about changes months ago. It did no good. The devs are like umpires. You can argue all you want, but they generally make the call that seems right to them.

FWIW, I have 3 level 50s and have been here 7 months but I only bought the Wraith armor (tye-dye) yesterday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like to play with slinkies! They are just so much fun!
    Kavanah: "Cinco, would you rather be in a Norma Jean or As I Lay Dying mosh pit?"
    Cinco: "Norma Jean, in that case /mosh"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

It's not the oldies being annoying, its the newbies calling oldies noobs. The droid gens thinking they're pro, and think everyone else is bsing, just my input on the case. I don't know how many times ive been called a noob from some OP class new gen, I usually just ignore it. Kinda amusing how some people act.

EaSt, TeXaS> Out In Sticks ,Huntin For Some Deer,Hog,Fish,A New Gun,Drinkin Beer And Wasting Bullets
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

yep me too called a noob cause im a level 46 and not a lev 50 they dont understand i cant play 24/7 i hav another life that requires me to work for a living an put the supper on the table ..whats up myst my old friend.. i vouch for ya we both ol school not noobs i rem way bak the good ol days rollin with the oldies an the old levls etc etc oh the glitched swamp those were the days / im a little older than you he he by one month
    Darkchylde<>WarriorNinerlife<>ArcherRhowen<>Witch ME...IN A GUILD?!?...HELL, NAH!!!!! !!!!!HOOK EM HORNS
    AwAy WE GO //WhIsKeY bUrNs Me uP,wInE tUrNs AlL My tEeTh Red,TeQuIlLa mAkEs Me LoCo,ChAmPgNe HuRtS mY hEaD....Im JuS a COLD BEER DRANKER CHECK OUT MY POP TOP FANGER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Rotfl when pl came out we were just running around in fathom crypts in the worst gear ever. Between that time and now we have farmed items, and used teamwork to kick bosses butts. Does any1 remember how frustrating the swamps were when they came out??? And now new myna gens and stinking droid gens just boost themselves up and post threads about how were stupid and greedy becuase you don't have the amor and gear we've spent months gettin cash for.

+1 to TT
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

well they call you noobs but a few mins later when a pinks go to droppin they be askin ya can i have it ,can i hav it ,you wanna trade ,or how much you want for it i gotta hav it please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i was ther for fathom crypts and oh the swamps those were the dayssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ,,,the glitched swamp man that was awsome for a few days until the devs caught on we kept it a secret as long as we could or they jus didnt care i always wondered bout that glitched swamp god i farmed that sucker for everything i could get and i loved bein the one that would stomp the map to get in ther and drag them bosses out of ther and watch the pinks jus drop like crazy they can talk all they want but they can never take the swamp out of me, not too many players can relate to the glitched swamp /// except the old schools
    Last edited by Darkchylde; 12-16-2010 at 05:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

If there are so many like-minded new players, then you should be able to find a new players group to go through Ao3. I don't think the old players go around calling people anything because of gear. Maybe if I saw someone never use a skill and lacking in figuring out group dynamics. That's very different than just looking at them.

I suggest you do what I do most of the time: Run with friends. You got to level 50. After all that playing, you should have pages of friends you can join or invite. Even playing with friends, in one active session, as people pop in and out, I probably add another page or 1/2 page of people who seem skillful to my friends list. And I am in Crush the Keeper very little; I like full run groups better.
    Last edited by Fyrce; 12-16-2010 at 05:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well you can create a des-keeper run and tell them that if you clear des you can rush keeper so thingS are easier.
    Ooh wait i forgot that you had the tooth brush and ball painted as a face. In that case i suggest you to farm plasma pyramid and liquida.... Ooh wait i forgot you have the white peasants cloth and helm. They arent even metallic! But anyways in that case you can farm balefort at least... Never mind you should start from forest haven again. Yes life is tough for noobs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Here's the thing:

"Old" players, as we would say, who basically were the first population of the game would normally have huge egos because of the pioneer factor. They would always feel like they own the game, or basically classify themselves as the best players simply because they were the first ones to play. It's a trend for small time MMORPGs like PL. Much more common when you play on private servers.

It's true a lot of people just boost their way to 50, which really all depends on you. Tekei boosted me for 1 level but I found it very boring and unappealing so I went back leveling on my own. But don't kid yourselves, this game ain't rocket science. It takes about a day to learn majority about this game, and playing 1 year earlier than anybody else doesn't give you a huge edge.

Short version: Just because there are a lot of people who boosted to 50 doesn't mean nobody levels the old-school way anymore. Pioneers have to put their egos aside and realize that they all started at level 1 as well.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

stop crying and go farm.
    Sooo quotable in a signature! . Not doin it though if anyone else wants to grab.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

You know what the problem here is? You're separating yourself from others based on when they started playing. I only started playing a few mos ago, but I do regular runs with people who have been here since April, as well as those who have been here only a few weeks.

If those of you complaining about what all the "pro" players are doing to you like booting you or not giving you stuff, etc, would just play instead, you'd get a lot further.

Ugh a little while ago, some random person I never met pmed me to ask for money bc I wrote something about gold now being worthless. WTF if I don't know you, don't ask me for handouts. Ugh I just don't understand what's with all these people these days who think that those of us who worked our way to getting all our gear, etc, owe them something because they're poor.

Take a lesson from Seratonin. I don't think she's been here long (correct me if I'm wrong), but I've been doing a lot of cyber quest runs with her. My group always clears middle and at least keeper, Ol, Gurg. If we feel like it we do plothozz and mynas. Sera has been running with us and has never slowed us down, even when she's dying all over the place . She also mentioned she needed a laser wand, but only ever asked if we were selling or knew anyone who was selling. And asked if we could add plothozz to the mix so she might loot one. She never begged for one. Yesterday we did a plothozz run together and I looted a wand. I laughed, she didn't ask for it or anything, and I gave it to her.

Show your worth instead of complaining to everyone and maybe, just maybe, they'll be more willing to invite you to their games and/or help out with equipment.

End of rant. For now.

And hope I didn't embarass you Sera . I do think other players could learn a thing or two from you.
    Last edited by Lesrider; 12-16-2010 at 06:59 PM.