Thread: How to permanently end problems in pvp

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Default How to permanently end problems in pvp

The major issues I see currently in pvp are as follows:

1.Spot blocking- a friend or Guildee joining the opposite team as you and doing nothing, so that you may gang that team without being them being able to call for help.

2.Macros- the use of a 3rd party program that memorizes a series of mouse movements, mouse clicks, and keystrokes. These programs can open menu summon a pet use its arcane ability dismiss that pet and resummon the same pet( with a refreshed arcane cooldown) or a different one in a fraction of a second using a single key.

3.Pet spamming- during combat summoning and resummoning pets after using their arcane ability, in order to bypass the intended cooldown. Some pets have very powerful arcane abilities such as samael. Imagine being able to use his arcane ability several times per second.

4. Skill swapping- during combat swapping skills back and fourth by using the menu to remap them. Effectively this makes players able to map up to 8 different skills in a single clash. This can be done without delay using macros.

I'm sure you can see by reading this just how much of a disadvantage you are in when someone does these things in pvp.
    In fact why would you spend potentially thousands of dollars acquiring the best gear possible so that you may be at an advantage over other players? So that some random player who happens to be playing using these things defeats you nearly every game while less skilled than you and wearing 30k gold worth of crate gear? Seems that buying a 3rd party program and playing on a pc is the better investment to me.

Proposed fixes:

1.Macros, pet spamming, and skill swapping-. As all of these are done during combat requiring the use of the menu function, disable the use of the pet and skill tabs while in combat stance only. You would still be able to use it to swap out pets or skills between clashes as necessary as you would be out of combat. Macros Would become useless. I see no possible disadvantage to this method.

2.Spot blocking- make the join button only available if there is a spot available on that players team, when you press the join button it teleports you directly to the corresponding players team.

I've seen many other suggestions regarding these problems but these seam to be the most iron clad. Feel free to offer additional suggestions and feedback. I do hope the arcane legends developers do give this thread some consideration.

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to dantus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Awesome suggestions dan (out of thanks) +1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

hope they're fixed anytime soon.. great suggestions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I think if somethings not implemented soon many players will simply quit and find another game that doesn't allow this kind of play to interfere in what I should be a game about skill , not cheats, Marcos and pet spamming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Yes many players including me are dissapointed with sts doing nothing for the abusement of these kind of exploits. It's also one of the main reasons creating drama to pvp amongst other reasons of course. Also I'm replying in advance to ppl saying there's nothing wrong with skill swapping etc: You are wrong, game was designed with 4 slots of skills in ui. Using macro to swap is clearly an exploit.
    Hoping to be soon fixed amd imo Dan's idea solves these kind of exploit abusements (untill other ones surface).
    Ign Atrid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Some dev said that then new client comes out pet spamming should be fixed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Out of the list, the biggest one that pisses me off is Macro users and I've run into plenty. I mean HOW obvious do you have to be. And a majority of this is done because most players play on Chrome which allows for alot of functions that can be out of STS control.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Good suggestions here

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dantus View Post

1.Spot blocking- a friend or Guildee joining the opposite team as you and doing nothing, so that you may gang that team without being them being able to call for help.

2.Macros- the use of a 3rd party program that memorizes a series of mouse movements, mouse clicks, and keystrokes. These programs can open menu summon a pet use its arcane ability dismiss that pet and resummon the same pet( with a refreshed arcane cooldown) or a different one in a fraction of a second using a single key.

3.Pet spamming- during combat summoning and resummoning pets after using their arcane ability, in order to bypass the intended cooldown. Some pets have very powerful arcane abilities such as samael. Imagine being able to use his arcane ability several times per second.

4. Skill swapping- during combat swapping skills back and fourth by using the menu to remap them. Effectively this makes players able to map up to 8 different skills in a single clash. This can be done without delay using macros.

I'm sure you can see by reading this just how much of a disadvantage you are in when someone does these things in pvp.
    In fact why would you spend potentially thousands of dollars acquiring the best gear possible so that you may be at an advantage over other players? So that some random player who happens to be playing using these things defeats you nearly every game while less skilled than you and wearing 30k gold worth of crate gear? Seems that buying a 3rd party program and playing on a pc is the better investment to me.

Proposed fixes:

1.Macros, pet spamming, and skill swapping-. As all of these are done during combat requiring the use of the menu function, disable the use of the pet and skill tabs while in combat stance only. You would still be able to use it to swap out pets or skills between clashes as necessary as you would be out of combat. Macros Would become useless. I see no possible disadvantage to this method.

2.Spot blocking- make the join button only available if there is a spot available on that players team, when you press the join button it teleports you directly to the corresponding players team.

I've seen many other suggestions regarding these problems but these seam to be the most iron clad. Feel free to offer additional suggestions and feedback. I do hope the arcane legends developers do give this thread some consideration.
    1. spot blocking-most disappointing part of pvp to me so far.
    According to your suggestion, how if thr's players from the same guild on both sides of the room? (eg, joining the same room of different team after finishing a game).

I have my own idea about pvp room too, check it out and suggestions are most welcome.
    My ideal pvp room:
    -'join' button is always available as long as thr's spot in a room no matter what team it is.
    *so guild members can enjoy 1v1 with each other etc
    -player cannot stay at the 'background' for more than 15 sec or else will end up being kicked from the room automatically
    *to avoid spot blocking at the background
    -next is the solution how to tackle spot blocking when you enter a pvp room realizing someone's blocking at your team:
    (A special button called letz say 'war' is available on the screen and this button can only be activated if the situation fulfills the following conditions=
    ~both teams consist of one or more players from the same guild
    ~you are not in the same guild as the 'blockers'
    ~you have no player of your guild at ur opposite team
    )
    {1} activate the button 'war'
    {2} the one activates the 'war' will be the leader of his/her team while at the other side, leader will be selected thru voting by members of the same guild as the blocker
    {3}all players will be positioned back to the spawn site juz like how it is before a match starts with a maximum countdown of 1 min until the war starts
    {4}leaders have the right to kick anyone out of his team. So he has 1 min now to summon his fren or guildmate to take part in this war until the game starts automatically.
    {5}finally, here comes the fair fight......
    {6}result of the war match will be stored by stg in order to inspect for suspicious dummies and dummonger in future(dummy farmer)

*to avoid people abusing this system, failure for the leader that activate the 'war' to have any of his fren or guildmates to join in will result in ban from entering pvp room for the next 1 hour(so make sure you have someone coming to help and activate the 'war' or might as well just leave the map)

2. macros-i think stg is well aware of this and making tread of this normally cant really solve much of the issues(or else stg may have done something) but more in introducing it to the other fellow pvpers. Thus, speeding up the corruption. However, you got a good idea, I would suggest you to do it personally with stg.

3. pet spamming-nth to disagree with

4. skill swapping-if u are talking about swapping the skill using macros, then im with u. But thr's one thing i have to comment about it. To me, skill swapping(not using macros ofc) is what makes poor(poorly equipped) pro has an advantage over rich(well-equipped) noob. I believe most of the rogues out there will support to ban skill swapping as they dont really need it compared to warrior and sorceror. And I got to tell you bro as a lvl 25 pvper, I have tried out all 3 classes at this level and result tells me without skill swapping, certain classes juz can never dream of owning other classes except rogue..... I might be wrong but my point is, i take skill swapping as one of the player's technique.

peace
    Last edited by Thorluffy; 04-16-2014 at 06:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Awesome suggestions dan, really hope they'd start working on these issues^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

By far this is the best spot blocking solution.. Kudos +1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Proposed fixes:

Wow super cool idea. This will prevent kill farming too. player won't be able to join opposite side to kill dummy!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I have a suggestion for pet spamming.. Maybe they should put atleast 1min (more or less) cooldown before you can switch another pet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

1.Macros, pet spamming, and skill swapping-. As all of these are done during combat requiring the use of the menu function, disable the use of the pet and skill tabs while in combat stance only.

While I like some of your ideas, I would like to disagree on certain points and here is why.

Pet spamming is exploitable and should be disabled completely, yes. But skill-swapping is not an offense, in my opinion. It is not an exploit. Being a rogue, I dont have to skill swap in pvp. But it is helpful for other classes and I have no problem with that, mainly because it is not something that cannot be done by everyone. People do it just because there are no extra skill slots on the user interface. It is how they play, let them enjoy.

Now spot blocking is a bit annoying yes. However we can just simply leave the room to avoid fighting in a blocked room. But what would be more annoying and boring is if we are not able to join our friends and guilds for duels. Sometimes we do 2 vs 2 among friends and 3 vs 3 as friendly matches. If the join button is disabled for the opponent team, how are we to have these duels,1 vs 1 fights for practice, friendly clashes among guildmates, etc? I think the join button should be disabled for the opponent team only if an alternative dueling arena and guild vs guild room are created for players.
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 04-18-2014 at 02:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Proposed fixes:

I think the best way to solve the pet spamming issue is just let the Cool down time continue to load even though you SUMMON and DISMISS a certain pet. However, pet spamming is very useful in PVE, maybe just disallow it in PVP? :3

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Pet spamming is an exploit in both pvp and pve. It shouldn't be used for either. If pets had a locked cool down players could still spam multiple different pets, particularly if they are using macros. Sam, slag, vixen, grimm, misty etc. Not the best solution imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

I wholeheartedly agree with the first solution about pet spamming and skill swapping. Just make the menu options unclickable like in the tutorial.

On the second one I'm not so sure. What if I want to play against my buddy? Friendly competition, you know? I think spot blocking does not require changes in the game, more on the player's attitude and way of thinking. Even so, it would be easier to fix with a democratic kick option with votes.

+1 for the first suggestion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Pet spamming is an exploit in both pvp and pve. It shouldn't be used for either. If pets had a locked cool down players could still spam multiple different pets, particularly if they are using macros. Sam, slag, vixen, grimm, misty etc. Not the best solution imo.
    Then add immunity to PANIC arcane ability just like stun, don't forget panic has almost or exactly 3 sec effect duration while stun nearly 2 sec duration and has 7 sec immunity. I'm not in favor of disabling change pet while in combat, it takes a way our freedom to change pet and use their capability in a specific situation. Think about it, if the cool down time doesn't reset when you summon/dismiss pet you cant nearly pet spam + the fact that adding immunity to PANIC. Let them swap pet, it's how the game should be even during combat.
    Regarding macro, just let sts make a patch to disable any macro user. But to disable change pet during combat is a big NO.

PS:
    Think about rouge, let say you VS warrior.. and you use malison, when your mana is almost off what will you do next? oopps cant swap to jack.. ... normal attack + save mana for pack only... game over

Or maybe you're a warrior, then since no enemy you went AFK and change pet to guapol (maybe to save pet food or just a trip) and you didn't noticed an opponent has arrive and they hit you, OMG either you fight them with guapol, RUN hopefully you can escape to change pet back to SAMAEL or just simply DIE.. ROFL
    Last edited by softbone; 04-18-2014 at 12:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    On the second one I'm not so sure. What if I want to play against my buddy? Friendly competition, you know? I think spot blocking does not require changes in the game, more on the player's attitude and way of thinking. Even so, it would be easier to fix with a democratic kick option with votes.

I've played pvp for 5 seasons, and over 50% of the matches I have played have been intentionally on the opposing team of a friend. Whether it is one vs one spec testing, training for tournaments, or just for fun to brawl against someone who will laugh with you and not cause drama and start trash talking, taking away the right to join who and where you want is unacceptable.

The kick option would be abused in too many ways. One of which is by dummy farmers, who load the teams with their dummies and then kick everyone out so they can lock the room. I won't even get into all the drama and hate it would cause when people start booting others because they don't have an arcane ring, or have the wrong color hair. Much of the community is not mature enough at the moment to be able to handle a boot button. Have a look at all the recent locked threads.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Then I suppose we let blocking resolve itself. No urge to fix this one.

I still want the skill swapping and pet spamming out of the map, it's really frustrating to lose because of such class-favored exploits and cheap tricks.