Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PL Expansion Kick Starter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Default PL Expansion Kick Starter

So I keep hearing about things that were awesome but failed unexpectedly in the past kicking back up again with a huge support group on kickstarter.com. What if STS did some math gave the community a quote and put up a kickstarter on the site for a new cap? If we meet the quote then they can put out a new cap. If the quote isn't met the donators don't pay a dime so there is no risk to anyone.

Devs please post and tell us what you think. If you like it give this a thumbs up and let us know where to go to contribute. I've personally been saving a while for a different kickstarter but I'm ready to switch interests if you give us the chance to produce a new expansion.

Check it out: https://www.kickstarter.com/learn?ref=home_start

If you are also willing to contribute post here so that the Devs can get as motivated about the idea as us. Nothing better than a community left to die refusing and making a come back!
    Last edited by AvidLegend; 04-18-2014 at 01:04 AM.
    AvidLegend - lvl 76 True Legend, Scavengerhunt- lvl 76 Elite Rhino, AvidTank - lvl 76 SpankTank
    *​I'm an Avid Player of Pocket Legends*

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to AvidLegend For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Id throw in a few bucks

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kwahiwik For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Exactly! I'm willing to bet you aren't the only one. Even if every play donated $1 it would be a good chunk of change. The best part about this idea is that it not only accesses the PL community. People who have never heard of PL can donate and old PL players who play AL but would like a new cap could contribute. That's a lot of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AvidLegend - lvl 76 True Legend, Scavengerhunt- lvl 76 Elite Rhino, AvidTank - lvl 76 SpankTank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Id donate lots for new cap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

I'd throw in $500
    77 - Emagency, Bearnacle, Tweetment
    l2 WandnBracer - WeeklyRaffle
    I'm your Pocket Legends Weekly Raffle Host

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

I think this is a really good idea. I'd even donate a little bit of cash. I think it would be cool as for prizes, if you could actually work with spacetime to actually design new mobs and enemies, and levels for the new campaign. Another could be to actually name the campaign. This would be a great opportunity for players and Spacetime. Spacetime will be happy because people are still interested and players will be able to play new content.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletonlord View Post
    I think this is a really good idea. I'd even donate a little bit of cash. I think it would be cool as for prizes, if you could actually work with spacetime to actually design new mobs and enemies, and levels for the new campaign. Another could be to actually name the campaign. This would be a great opportunity for players and Spacetime. Spacetime will be happy because people are still interested and players will be able to play new content.
    Haha i would do it for prizes but im mostly in it for the Cap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emagency View Post
    I'd throw in $500
    The thing is, people in AL spend $500 a day if they wanted to, so even a $500 contribution is insignificant really, no matter how noble.

In PL, what really is there to spend $500 a day on? Nothing, last time I checked.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    The thing is, people in AL spend $500 a day if they wanted to, so even a $500 contribution is insignificant really, no matter how noble.

In PL, what really is there to spend $500 a day on? Nothing, last time I checked.
    Your post seems to be somewhat off, I doubt anyone will just throw $500 a day into the game. Let's stick to realistic things when we talk.
    Also it appears you've missed what is going on in this thread, where money is being thrown out to bring the content that people would be paying for. I am someone who would just want that to happen and would be willing to spend the extra cash to bring such things not only to myself to enjoy but to everyone.
    77 - Emagency, Bearnacle, Tweetment
    l2 WandnBracer - WeeklyRaffle
    I'm your Pocket Legends Weekly Raffle Host

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emagency For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Tbh, who the hell spends 500 a day, if i did that, that'd be my sign to quit.
    Last edited by kwahiwik; 04-18-2014 at 05:15 AM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kwahiwik For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emagency View Post
    Your post seems to be somewhat off, I doubt anyone will just throw $500 a day into the game. Let's stick to realistic things when we talk.
    Also it appears you've missed what is going on in this thread, where money is being thrown out to bring the content that people would be paying for. I am someone who would just want that to happen and would be willing to spend the extra cash to bring such things not only to myself to enjoy but to everyone.

wonder whose gonna win this argument...

on topic... love the idea avid , if i had the cash id donate but im broke as a 5yr old atm :3
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

$500 per day? That guy must be Bill G, lol I think you don't get what we're talking about.
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

The point is that the money you pay now goes to PL and STS's other games. It's an idea to allow players to allocate money only to PL for exactly what we want. This same idea can go towards PVP rebalancing or upcoming holiday events...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Thread back on topic who supports this idea please keep posting to get this thread more traction!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hey, this is a good idea, but I think STS would need thousands of dollars to make an expansion. All their staff has to make a living off what they're spending their time on, including these kickstarter funds if this was to work. There are only thousands of PL players, not tens of thousands, and most of them won't ever hear about this or care since they 1) aren't on the forums 2) only play a few times a week or month 3) don't have money anyways.

Not trying to be a downer, but there's a lot of stuff you have to take into account:
    1) STS's cooperation and willingness to go with this plan.
    2) A large percentage of PL's player base to donate.
    3) You'd have to advertise the kickstarter as well as get STS to advertise it in their games.
    4) This isn't really a new product you'd be putting up on kickstarter, it'd technically be an old one. People donate on kickstarter so they can get whatever product it is that they're donating for. Every person that donates for this new cap needs to already care about getting it (Probably means they would have one or more 76s), which shrinks the number of potential donators to a pretty small group.
    5) STS has already made the point that AL makes them more money, and since STS is a business, they'll do what makes them the most money, regardless of what a small group of their players want. This isn't wrong, it's just doing business.

There's definitely more I didn't think of to put in that list, but looking on the bright side, this might just work. Maybe we raise enough money, or maybe STS sees the good effort we're trying to make and considers giving a new cap a shot. Just keep in mind that if STS doesn't want to, don't be surprised! They've reiterated the point that there's a 99.9% chance that a new cap will NOT happen.
    If you guys start this kickstarter, I also think it'd be a good idea to invite everyone you know to start playing, to beef up the player base. One thing STS said is that a cap for AL reaches more potential customers/players than a PL cap would, so we NEED to expand the player base. I'm sure a lot of you already do this though, and we'd have to increase the regular number of players by hundreds or probably thousands. It'd be quite an endeavor, just like this kickstarter, but if enough of us care, it might just work.
    Last edited by Halros; 04-18-2014 at 09:24 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

I could say the same thing; what is there to spend 500 on in al- nothing last I checked.
    Don't know why you feel the need to dis on this side of the forums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

I see where your coming from, maybe if spacetimestudios doesn't have time to make a cap, They can higher a handful of developers for this project with the money we raise.
    If this pulls through*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Im pretty sure sts will be like "Sounds like a great idea... lets get it started!"

Then after awhile after people been donating they will make a thread coming up with an excuse on "why we didn't make an expansion PART 10"

and probably pocket the money and use it for something in AL or for a nice lil bonus for the staffs
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I like the idea, but I just don't see this happening. STS doesn't really let players get involved with their work plan regardless of what the players think they're capable of (unless some millionaire comes in and donates a ton)... but it's just unlikely.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    I like the idea, but I just don't see this happening. STS doesn't really let players get involved with their work plan regardless of what the players think they're capable of (unless some millionaire comes in and donates a ton)... but it's just unlikely.
    Donald trump where you at?